Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $22.90UTG+1: $58.70CO: $58.50Hero: $50 SB: $93.35BB: $65.05Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K :D K :)3 folds, Hero raises to $1.5, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: T :club: J :D A :D ($4.5, 3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls, BB calls.Turn: A :D ($13.5, 3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.River: 3 :) ($13.5, 3 players)SB bets $6, BB calls, Hero????????unknown villians, it is my third hand at the table.

You should probably fold, but I call cause I'm new to the table and curious.
I didn't see that the SB bet the river and the BB called. You should obviously fold. Since this is posted here, I'm guessing neither one of them showed up with an Ace, but you should still fold this all day long.
I didn't see that the SB bet the river and the BB called. You should obviously fold. Since this is posted here, I'm guessing neither one of them showed up with an Ace, but you should still fold this all day long.
good read, J7o bet and 44 called. I folded on went on LFT. :club:
GOD, where do you FIND these villains? I swear. I had a BRUTAL, two-hour heads up battle with some guy last night in a $30 HU tourney on FT. We both played every hand almost perfectly. And you get people calling off 3x BB with 44 and J7 AND THEN calling A high flops with same. Insane.
I had a hand the other day where a guy raised pre who was kinda short and I flatted AJs behind. The BB came along and the flop was AhTx9h and the BB checks, UTG makes a weak looking bet of like 1/3 of the pot. I raise him to $24, BB coldcalls and then the UTG instantly coldcalls as well, leaving himself $20 behind. The turn is an offsuit K. They check to me and I check behind. River is a low blank, BB checks, UTG shoves. I am getting like 3.5-1, but I can't think of a hand that he has that I can beat that he could overcall there. I decide to fold, the BB tanks and then finally calls. The BB shows T8hh and the UTG player takes it down with KQo. I was not happy, but I still think that a fold is right there, just like it is in your OP, even though my call would've been more reasonable than you calling with KK there.
GOD, where do you FIND these villains? I swear. I had a BRUTAL, two-hour heads up battle with some guy last night in a $30 HU tourney on FT. We both played every hand almost perfectly. And you get people calling off 3x BB with 44 and J7 AND THEN calling A high flops with same. Insane.
table selection my friend. There are hundreds of them going all the time. Why sit down with a bunch of nits :-)BTW I think table selection is one of the most under discussed topics in poker. Good table selection can make a bad player (read:me) into a profitable player.
table selection my friend. There are hundreds of them going all the time. Why sit down with a bunch of nits :-)BTW I think table selection is one of the most under discussed topics in poker. Good table selection can make a bad player (read:me) into a profitable player.
I agree 1000000%. Who can help us with a discussion of online table selection?
1. Sort your tables by average pot in the lobby2. Pick biggest average pot table3. Sit down.4. ????????5. Profit.
I think that it's more important to have a higher VPIP than a higher pot size honestly. A lot of times, I open up a table with a high pot size and I see 3 aggro regulars sitting there, each with like 2 or 3 buyins in front of them and I realize that the pot size is that big becuase they're probably reraising each other a lot preflop.The higher VPIP suggests looser play, which probably means fewer good regular players which probably means that the players are easier to push around and have poor preflop standards. More often than not, I really think that's the indication of a good table as opposed to pot size.

also I have to say position of the players is key, sitting with a maniac to the left of you isn't my idea of fun, so not only do you have to find a maniac, you have to find one to your right.

I think that it's more important to have a higher VPIP than a higher pot size honestly. A lot of times, I open up a table with a high pot size and I see 3 aggro regulars sitting there, each with like 2 or 3 buyins in front of them and I realize that the pot size is that big becuase they're probably reraising each other a lot preflop.The higher VPIP suggests looser play, which probably means fewer good regular players which probably means that the players are easier to push around and have poor preflop standards. More often than not, I really think that's the indication of a good table as opposed to pot size.
Wats VPIP
The fact that the BB flat-called is probably a reason we should be calling more. He shows up with an A here very rarely, certainly rarely enough for his call to increase our price. I seriously find a call here a lot of the time, and I don't think it's even all that unusual.
The fact that the BB flat-called is probably a reason we should be calling more. He shows up with an A here very rarely, certainly rarely enough for his call to increase our price. I seriously find a call here a lot of the time, and I don't think it's even all that unusual.
damn limit players.
also I have to say position of the players is key, sitting with a maniac to the left of you isn't my idea of fun, so not only do you have to find a maniac, you have to find one to your right.
Sitting with a bad maniac on your left is preferable to your right. Sitting with a good, aggressive maniac on your left sucks. :club:
why? I am not sure I agree.
They build your pots for you. Limp your big hands. He'll consistently raise, the players behind him will consistently call since his raises get no respect and you get to drop the hammer on a large pot without even seeing a flop. Also, the maniac will get sick of it and eventually make a play back at you and stick it in drawing thin. My buddy makes a lot of his money sitting on my right (I know...this makes me the bad maniac) and limp-raising pots with 18 blinds in it. I'm sure he does this with a lot of good hands and I'm sure he also steals a few.