• 50 to 100 BB
    • 1 to 2 buy-ins
    • over 2 buy-ins
  3. 3. How often do you have a winning session

• less than 50% of sessions
    • 50 to 60% of sessions
    • 60 to 75% of sessions
    • over 75% of sessions

For the purposes of the poll assume a buy-in is 100 BB and win/lose sizes are in terms of big blinds (not PTBB). I'm interested mostly in results of winning players (aren't we all).Part of the reason I ask is that I haven't seen this discussed much (please no links to past threads) but also because I find myself taking wins mostly in the 50 to 100 BB range and loses in the 1 - 2 buy-in range and I think that's a huge leak. Playing too much to "get even", playing too long when I'm playing bad, etc. I know for limit common wisdom says you'll only win around 60% of your sessions and I've heard NL should yield more consistent results buy I'm not sure how much more consistent.

typical win is 5 to 6 buyin's....those play money games are soooo easy to beat!!

Our normal home game is no longer fun. .25 .50 NL. no min/max buy in. Just an all in fest. Some of us have asked to bump the blinds to .5 $1 and it gets slammed everytime. We get new players all the time so they dont want to change it.

I regulary swing 300-600bb in a session.
WTF that is regular? I want to play some poker with you 2/5 to start?
For the purposes of the poll assume a buy-in is 100 BB and win/lose sizes are in terms of big blinds (not PTBB). I'm interested mostly in results of winning players (aren't we all).Part of the reason I ask is that I haven't seen this discussed much (please no links to past threads) but also because I find myself taking wins mostly in the 50 to 100 BB range and loses in the 1 - 2 buy-in range and I think that's a huge leak. Playing too much to "get even", playing too long when I'm playing bad, etc. I know for limit common wisdom says you'll only win around 60% of your sessions and I've heard NL should yield more consistent results buy I'm not sure how much more consistent.
It's okay for you to win less than you lose as long as you keep the percentage of losing sessions low. So the closer you are to 50%, the more you need to have your winning and losing sessions balance out in size. My long consective win streak is 26 this year while my long consecutive loss streak is 2.For me, it's about how you respond to losses. Do you play better or have the losses affect you negatively For example, in the last 4 months I've had 6 sessions out of 108 where I lose between 100bb to 300bb. But in the next session on 5 of those occassions, I have logged wins that are 100bb to 300bb (usually close to the same amount that I lost).