Phil Gordon Fight..ok Verbal Fight

Happened yesterday in the ME of WSOPC in San Dieago(or a whales Vagina) Stay Classy Phil.Barry Greenstein raises to $2,500 from the button and Phil Gordon moves all-in for his last $9,500 from the small blind. Player 1 calls all-in for his last $2,000 from the big blind, and shows 54o to Gordon's A-7 and Greenstein's K-J. The board comes J-T-9-7-2 and Greenstein pairs his jack to send both players to the rail. Then the drama starts.As Gordon gets up to leave, he complains about the nature of his beat, and the normally reserved Erik Cajelais asks him, "why don't you just take your beat and leave?"Gordon, flabbergasted, stops packing to stare down Cajelais. "What the f-what the hell is your problem?""Just take your beat and leave," says Cajelais. "You'll be fine.""We'll meet again," says Gordon, again starting to leave."You don't go deep enough in tournaments," says Cajelais. "We'll never meet."Now Gordon, obviously more than a little irritated by the beat and the French-Canadian, spreads his arms in a show of strength and tells Cajelais, "Any time you want to go, we'll go."He walks out, still repeating "anytime," as Cajelais agrees with him, "Anytime." But Gordon vanishes into the night, and Cajelais sticks around to count his chips and relax, knowing there's probably a Day 2 in his future.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I had been there to record it on my phone. I sit here in anticipation of the youtube link
i agree people just dont think...how is this not on video.

Cajelais comes off as a **** here too. For what it's worth. Also, what are the stack sizes? The "nature" of Phil's beat is completely dependent on stack sizes. All that said, I would pick PG last in dodgeball.

Is it me or did the surly Phil Gordon appear ever since that donk Rafe Furst and bestest Phil buddy, won his bracelet?? LOL. Gordon has been rowing that boat to Crabcake Island ever since. Bitter much?

It's a real dik move to say what Cajelais said. Let the guy have his wee vent and leave. It's downright provocative to wind someone up like that and Cajelais deserves , at very least, a slap.

this is awesome. more info/pics of erik cajelais?
Got this off of Pokerlistings.comjust found it today..pretty solid site.
It's a real dik move to say what Cajelais said. Let the guy have his wee vent and leave. It's downright provocative to wind someone up like that and Cajelais deserves , at very least, a slap.
It's easy to say that out of context - who knows, maybe PG was getting on other people previously.Maybe he had it coming.... js
Cajelais comes off as a **** here too. For what it's worth. Also, what are the stack sizes? The "nature" of Phil's beat is completely dependent on stack sizes. All that said, I would pick PG last in dodgeball.
Me too, it'd be way to easy to hit him in the legs. 6'9", he'd be the worst. Basketball on the other hand, I'd probably pick him.

I'd take Helmuth in dodgeball.He can dodge bullets, baby!I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for the preceding lame joke, thank you and goodnight.

I'd take Helmuth in dodgeball.He can dodge bullets, baby!I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for the preceding lame joke, thank you and goodnight.
Apology dually noted.
There's always the a-hole that tells someone not to whine when they take a beat. I'm sure Cajelais has never vented over taking a beat before himself. Someone should kick him in the nuts.

Have you seen Gordon in anything lately? Like Poker after Dark? The guy is seriously on life tilt. I think it's more likely due to getting booted from CPS than from Rafe winning. If he was bitching and moaning and criticizing like he was on PAD then he deserved the comment.

I like PhilAnyone that can sell it all and go on a 2 year walk about is okay in my book.And if someone busts at your table, and you're not in the pot, shut up and wait till he leaves to talk smack about him like a man!

Ok... It isn't right to provoke someone when they take a bad beat for their tournament life. Can't say either was in the wrong without knowing more context either.Also, it is well known that Phil was not "kicked" off CPS. He left on his own accord, as he felt that he has outgrown commentating for bonehead players. I can't say I blame him one bit.

Almost everyone that has played with Gordon at a tournament with has said that he is a prick, extremely cocky and annoying. So I can imagine that Gordon was possibly doing more to annoy Cajelais. Glad someone said something to that 6"6" stat spewing dicknose.

I love his whining of a "bad beat" when he was a tiny favorite anyways.
I know... A7 probably isn't even 40% to win in that situation, right? (I'm too lazy to look it up.)