World Cup Of Hockey 2016

Really looking forward to this tournament, which will take the malaise of the typical pre season away.

I m really looking forward to watching Team North America play, should be amazing to watch the future superstars of the NHL all on one team.

The betting favorites are naturally Canada and we will cheer them on, but I would love to see this North America team take it down..Would be a huge upset obviously.

Should be some very exciting hockey..

Some of those early pre season games are going to have some ugly rosters..

Link to all the rosters:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/42515/complete-world-cup-of-hockey-rosters-for-all-eight-teams

Schedule

https://www.nhl.com/news/espn-world-cup-of-hockey-2016-schedule/c-281272594

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The logo on the floor is even more idiotic.   How about if you don't want people to step on a symbol you don't put a giant copy of it on the floor? Lol

he wouldn't have made Team USA if American either because he doesn't fit well with their other players. He would be skating too fast and leaving the other players behind and we all know that players s

you pick a new coach

The night of the draft is Semifinal 1...If you guys finish early might be a fun to watch together..

I think you guys are underestimating the Russians..The forwards might be the best of the tourney, however their defence is nowhere near Canada obviously..Goaltending might be an issue too..However it wouldnt surprise if anyone of these teams won it all..

Maybe the exception of Team EuroTrash

I think you guys are underestimating the Russians..The forwards might be the best of the tourney, however their defence is nowhere near Canada obviously..Goaltending might be an issue too..However it wouldnt surprise if anyone of these teams won it all..

Maybe the exception of Team EuroTrash

the us team is awful.

Thoughts on Team NA at 16-1?

Keep in mind, its a 1 game do or die in the semi's.

I think this tourney is way more wide open than the usual "Canada will win cause its hockey"

Good bet.

Thoughts on Team NA at 16-1?

Keep in mind, its a 1 game do or die in the semi's.

I think this tourney is way more wide open than the usual "Canada will win cause its hockey"

I think at the end of a season, young guns tend to be less effective, they don't know how to manage the long season. But at the start of the season? Takes vets a while to get their legs. I like North America at 16-1. If they play uptempo, they're going to make opponents miserable. (Cue NA to go 0 for the tournament).

tv

Hmm... problem was just that I hadn't updated my NHL app in a while.

Also interesting... my Rogers internet plan gave me 15/16 NHL Gamecentre for free, but was quiet on 16/17. I assumed I wouldn't get it.

I log into my Rogers account, see that it shows that I have 15/16 Gamecentre, so I click "Watch" just to see what happens, page opens up telling me that I get it free and that it's activated for 16/17. Yay.

Now I've got the game on. :) Well, the intermission.

I don't seem to have any interest in this at all.

Ya, I was pretty much in your shoes 48hrs ago. Feels way too gimmicky for me, and it really gives me a "could care less" who wins attitude.

But I got interested in Team NA, and got interested enough to bet on them....and then combine that with it being hockey pool season, so now Im into it a little.

Im sure I will get more into it as the real games draw closer.

I think at the end of a season, young guns tend to be less effective, they don't know how to manage the long season. But at the start of the season? Takes vets a while to get their legs. I like North America at 16-1. If they play uptempo, they're going to make opponents miserable. (Cue NA to go 0 for the tournament).

I really agree with this. I think older guys will be less in shape, and have even less incentive to go all out, esp at the start. Im not sure that the Swedes-Finns-Russians will feel a nationalistic urge to win at all costs, this isnt the Olympics/Worlds.

Also, McDavid. This will be another coming out party for him, just even better level than what he has shown.