• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, I think I'll check this out. The only seaon I've watched was the one with Marcel and I enjoyed it a lot. I thought he deserved to win that season, and he put up with a lot of shit. I'll be interested to see if a new batch of competitors will hate him as much as the one's on his season.

Random thoughts from the first episode- I didn't realize LL Cool J was a chef and on a previous season of Top Chef- Douche Ninja (Angelo from last season) picks up right where he left off - kicking ass- Who is Tie-e McTierson from season one and in the bottom 3 this week and how long before he's kicked off (Week 3 is my guess)- Fabio = Flabio. His comments to Bordain were awesome, but I don't think he'll last that long with this line up.- How do you cook the same dish twice, thinking its great both times and get kicked off for it twice? BTW how do you not taste your food?- Biggest surpise of the episode - Mike's vegitarian dish. I thought he was f'ed for sure when they said they had to recreate their losing dish.- Early picks to go far (in no particular order). Douch Ninja (Angelo), Nitro-boy (Richard), Hot Jen (Jen), Surpisingly Hotter Jamie (Jamie).- Missing from the competition - Beardy (Kevin from Voltagio Bros, Jen and Mikes season)- Previews for upcoming episodes look good- Padma - Still Hot and Tom - Still Short

- Who is Tie-e McTierson from season one and in the bottom 3 this week and how long before he's kicked off (Week 3 is my guess)
Stephen. Just an arrogant ass who thinks he can cook but I don't think he ever could. He could make a great looking plate and pair the perfect wine but other than that, the ultimate douche ninja. I guess he would be the Douche Grand Master.

Thanks for the reminder as well. I was able to catch it to add it to the DVR.I thought it was a good first episode. I really want Stephen to go home, he annoys me so much. It's obvious Fabio knows he is one of the worst chefs there (he even said so) but I like him, I hope he sticks around for awhile.I really think this is Richards to lose.

The bottom 3 seemed obvious, but the result surprised me a little. I thought Stephen would go and I hoped Fabio would. He is so annoying, most annoying person there so far. Also he needs a haircut. I remember his unique style of bragging about how authentic and delicious his Italian cooking is, then executing it horribly e.g. badly made pasta etc. Doesn't seem like he has changed his ways. I like Spike. My ideal final 3 would probably be Richard, Spike and Jennifer. Jen was disappointing this episode, hopefully she will start on a low and climb up as opposed to her season when she seemed to peak too soon. I am rooting against Angelo. I know he is super talented, but his personality annoys me, especially his voice. He sounds a bit like Michael Jackson. I haven't forgotten how weird he is, like all that shit about his Russian mail order bride who he has only met twice. I just think he is a but of a nutjob and too arrogant.

You know, I hate to say it, but maybe we overrated Jen. Maybe her collapse was a regression back to the mean, as opposed to an abberation.

- Fabio = Flabio. His comments to Bordain were awesome, but I don't think he'll last that long with this line up.
Really? I thought he acted like a fucking baby.
I really think this is Richards to lose.
Well, there's plenty of talent there, so that's kind of an unfair way to put it, but yeah, he's probably the favorite.
The bottom 3 seemed obvious, but the result surprised me a little. I thought Stephen would go and I hoped Fabio would.
That's exactly how I felt.
I am rooting against Angelo. I know he is super talented, but his personality annoys me, especially his voice. He sounds a bit like Michael Jackson. I haven't forgotten how weird he is, like all that shit about his Russian mail order bride who he has only met twice. I just think he is a but of a nutjob and too arrogant.
At the moment I still like him.
True, I may have overstated that, but I think next the V Brother that won Vegas, he is the best chef on all of the other seasons.
This sentence reads as if English is your third language. I say that with love.
This sentence reads as if English is your third language. I say that with love.
Ya, that was pretty bad.That's what I get for typing a sentence with multiple interruptions and not m(shit had another one here)aking sure the sentence flowed at all.
Ya, that was pretty bad.That's what I get for typing a sentence with multiple interruptions and not m(shit had another one here)aking sure the sentence flowed at all.
You really need to get rid of the wife and kids. They're really cramping your writing style.

I've been rooting for Jen since her season, whether she's been there or not. She's been damn near left out of most of the promo's, so not only am I rooting for her, I think they're slowrolling us on her domination.

I think the cast is pretty good, although I with they'd gotten Dave (season 1) and Beardy.
Definitely some people said no. There's at least 3-4 people who shouldn't be there at all.Hootie...

My thoughts before I read everyone elses...I love this show.I've only seen three seasons, New York, Washington D.C., and Las Vegas, so I only recognize 40% of the contestants. That sucks.I love Angelo, and I want him to dominate.What the hell is wrong with Jen? Maybe she can't handle the stress of TV.That squirrely douchebag with the beard is ridiculous. Why is Kevin McRedbeard not on this season? That is insane.I really like Fabio.The clips they showed of the early seasons looked like they were filming a computer screen that was showing the clips on Youtube? Does Bravo seriously not have even semi-decent copies of those seasons?I love this show.EDIT: It's pretty safe to assume that with almost anything in life, including this show, you can take LG's comments and outlook and assume that I am the complete opposite.

My thoughts before I read everyone elses...I love this show.I've only seen three seasons, New York, Washington D.C., and Las Vegas, so I only recognize 40% of the contestants. That sucks.I love Angelo, and I want him to dominate.What the hell is wrong with Jen? Maybe she can't handle the stress of TV.That squirrely douchebag with the beard is ridiculous. Why is Kevin McRedbeard not on this season? That is insane.I really like Fabio.The clips they showed of the early seasons looked like they were filming a computer screen that was showing the clips on Youtube? Does Bravo seriously not have even semi-decent copies of those seasons?I love this show.EDIT: It's pretty safe to assume that with almost anything in life, including this show, you can take LG's comments and outlook and assume that I am the complete opposite.
Strangely even though you and I disagree on many other things, we seem to share the same feelings about this show.I'm sure we'll find a way to fix thatI really can't figure out what it is about Jen, but I really like her. Mike I. is a doofus. Felt a little bad for Stephen. He just isn't a chef and seems to know it. Belongs in the front of the house. Marcel is such a douche. Tre just has Big Black Man presence and charisma, but it just doesn't seem to always show up in his food. I think Richard will rock. Carla is going to bug me with her "I just want to cook with Love". Fabio has a ton of charisma, but I don't think he is a great chef. I want to dislike Angelo, but just don't - I keep rooting for him.Final 3 Prediction: Richard, Angelo, Jen (just want to keep seeing more of her)This could be a pretty good season. Lots of confidence in that kitchen.
Felt a little bad for Stephen. He just isn't a chef and seems to know it. Belongs in the front of the house.
But only in an extremely snooty restaurant.Again, I'd like to point out that the constant love for Jen may be misplaced. The woman has really come through in maybe 3-4 of her last 10 challenges. Not so impressive.
But only in an extremely snooty restaurant.
I'm not sure front-of-the-house is where Stephen should be actually. He might be better as a consultant or silent sommelier. Basically he shouldn't interact with the public. He's probably amazing at creating a wine list and coming up with pairings for a menu, or could even be an in-house sommelier so long as he keeps his mouth shut most of the night.I agree with those that said Angelo doesn't annoy them anymore. He seems pretty alright, like a generally nice and thoughtful guy. Of all the dishes this episode, his pork-belly with homemade noodles and watermelon something was the one that I really wished I could taste, or eat an entire bowl of.