Been having problems since moving up to .25/.50 from .05.10. I just can't seem to get any momentum going. B/R is sitting at $210 ($160 on stars and $50 sitting Neteller). I'm bouncing between $180 and $155, up and down. I dropped back to .05/.10 to get some confidence back, did well and felt good, so I moved back up. Last night was a -40/bb performance and the confidence is waning once again. Is this "normal" variance or is there that much difference between these limits or possibly some mental blockage in my redneck brain? If this is normal variance then I'm not concerned.

Moving up in levels is very tough.I'd wait a bit longer at the lower level until you move up again, perhaps wait until you have 400 BB

it might be the types of plays that are made at the two limits are very different. Are you playing limit or no limit? Could also been mental. It doesn't seem like you're comfortable at .25/.50.

Moving up in levels is very tough.I'd wait a bit longer at the lower level until you move up again, perhaps wait until you have 400 BB
Thanks Vade, appreciate the input.
it might be the types of plays that are made at the two limits are very different. Are you playing limit or no limit? Could also been mental. It doesn't seem like you're comfortable at .25/.50.
Limit. I'm don't think it's a comfort issue. Before I'd read SSHE, joined this forum, and got PokerTracker/Gametime+, I played on Party .50/1 Limit. I was doing okay until I got really drunk one night, lost my whole B/R, and don't remember any of it. It was last time I drank and played.

Limit. I'm don't think it's a comfort issue. Before I'd read SSHE, joined this forum, and got PokerTracker/Gametime+, I played on Party .50/1 Limit. I was doing okay until I got really drunk one night, lost my whole B/R, and don't remember any of it. It was last time I drank and played.gota love that drinking and playing thing. i may as well open my wallet and invite people to help themselves when i've been drinking. big money idea. computers with breathalizers :-)

This variance is completely normal. If 40BB swings weren't common, why would we need a 300 BB bankroll?If you want to dig deeper, let's take a look at some PT stats after you accumulate some hands at the new limit.

big money idea. computers with breathalizers :-)
That's the best idea ever. And that includes irrigation and the movable type.Keep going at it! Most moving up is uncomfortable...even just seeing different colored chips in play can get you frazzled. I say stick at it until you really experience a bad swing; you'll adjust in no time.