talkative $25plo

$25 PL Omaha - Thursday, July 14, 16:26:43 EDT 2005Seat 7 is the buttonTotal number of players : 9 Seat 1: Hero ( $25 )Seat 4: Chancew ( $14.80 )Seat 7: walter44 ( $12.55 )Seat 8: HoLeeCoww ( $21.55 )Seat 9: VPAPA ( $56.93 )Seat 10: BAMAFROG ( $51.85 )Seat 3: BelindaA ( $24.40 )Seat 5: rominita ( $15 )Seat 2: kurgman ( $9.40 )HoLeeCoww posts small blind [$0.10].VPAPA posts big blind [$0.25].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to Hero [ 7c 3c 6d 3d ]BAMAFROG calls [$0.25].Hero calls [$0.25].kurgman calls [$0.25].BelindaA folds.Chancew calls [$0.25].rominita calls [$0.25].walter44 folds.HoLeeCoww calls [$0.15].VPAPA raises [$0.75].BAMAFROG calls [$0.75].Hero calls [$0.75].kurgman calls [$0.75].Chancew calls [$0.75].rominita calls [$0.75].HoLeeCoww folds.** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 4d, 9d ]VPAPA bets [$5.95].BAMAFROG folds.Hero calls [$5.95].kurgman: damn diamondsrominita: all inVPAPA: lolkurgman folds.Chancew folds.rominita folds.** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]VPAPA: no pair pleaseVPAPA bets [$5].Hero calls [$5].** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]VPAPA bets [$15].I'm new to PLO, so maybe I'm completely off base on this analysis...I'd been playing at this table for a while, and I knew that his raise preflop meant AA. Not necessarily AAxxds--it could also be just naked AA. When he potted it on the flop, I figured calling would chase out pretty much anybody else behind me that doesn't have the king high flush. I wasn't sure if I was up against the naked ace of diamonds, or an ace high flush. It was one or the other.So anyway, he starts talking during the hand, and puts out that strange bet on the turn. Then begs for no pair on the river.Am I way off base here in thinking he's full of it?

Fold this trash pre-flop.As for calling all the way down...you have the sixth nuts. That's not good.
Trash? I like hands like this! :)Don't you agree that he's basically telling me he doesn't have the flush?
Fold this trash pre-flop.As for calling all the way down...you have the sixth nuts. That's not good.
Trash? I like hands like this! :)Don't you agree that he's basically telling me he doesn't have the flush?
No. His "talk" tells me he has the nut flush (or a flush better than yours). I agree though, fold this crap preflop.

Seriously, 7c 3c 6d 3d is really not a good hand to call a raise preflop. It's ok if you can get in cheap, have a bunch of limpers, and have position. But even that....What do you expect with a hand like 7c 3c 6d 3d preflop? Do you have any expectations at all with certain hands? If you flopped 3, someone might have flopped bigger sets; if you flopped straight, some one might have flopped higher straight...Every time I decide to play a hand preflop, I tell me what I try to accomplish with this hand and what kind of flop I am looking for, and if not, I will be gladly fold. For a hand like 7c 3c 6d 3d, I hope to see a flop of something like 245 rainbow.This is very low limit, after all, you need to show the nut to win.

Seriously, 7c 3c 6d 3d is really not a good hand to call a raise preflop. It's ok if you can get in cheap, have a bunch of limpers, and have position. But even that....What do you expect with a hand like 7c 3c 6d 3d preflop? Do you have any expectations at all with certain hands? If you flopped 3, someone might have flopped bigger sets; if you flopped straight, some one might have flopped higher straight...Every time I decide to play a hand preflop, I tell me what I try to accomplish with this hand and what kind of flop I am looking for, and if not, I will be gladly fold. For a hand like 7c 3c 6d 3d, I hope to see a flop of something like 245 rainbow.This is very low limit, after all, you need to show the nut to win.
I agree with what you've said. I get bored; it's a problem.
I agree with what you've said. I get bored; it's a problem.
Oh yeah I understand. When I started O8 it was all fun, then not so long I found out in order to win I had to wait and wait and wait... It's very boring.In order to overcome that, I played 2 tables at once, sometimes one O8 table and another NLH short-handed table. That kept me very busy. Sometimes I even play a $5 or $10 SnG limit HE or O8 to sharpen my limit skills too. I promise you, those SnGs are very easy to beat.
Don't you agree that he's basically telling me he doesn't have the flush?
When he says "no pair", he's essentially saying that he has a flush and doesn't want two pair or a set to come back and beat him. Whether you believe him or not, this is a really poor place to put money in. To me, his betting says that he's reeling you in.