Gus Hansen: Sick Wsop Hand

I found this here: http://taopoker.blogspot.com/***Calistri and I sat at the media desk right next to Gus Hansen's table. The Great Dane was in the middle of getting massage when Nolan Dalla announced that he was the chipleader with 420K. At that moment every media rep in the room converged on Hansen's table. ESPN's film crew nearly pancaked a Swedish girl snapping photos of Hansen for a Scandi poker mag. A blanket of darkness blanketed us as a dozen people obstructed out view of the table which also featured a PokerStars guy named Rain Khan and one of the most well-known online gurus in Sorel "Imper1ium" Mizzi. Hansen started building his stack during the first level of Day 2. He busted two players including one that I titled, "Gus Hansen Likes Sick Puppies" in a post for Poker News. I stumbled up this hand by accident. I was only at his table to get a chip count. Instead, I picked up an interesting hand to write about.Hansen was seated at a table with a bunch of unknowns. He raised on the button. The small blind (with a short stack) called. The big blind moved all in for 46K more. Hansen went into the tank as an ESPN camera crew began to film Hansen as he sat and pondered a decision for a few minutes. He counted out 46K, mostly in orange 5K chips. He took a few deep breaths before he tossed his chips into the pot. The small blind instantly folded. The big blind flipped over Ad-Js."I have a small pair," said Hansen as he tabled his cards... the 2d-2c."You're one sick puppy," said Hansen's opponent.The flop was Kd-9c-8h and Hansen still led. The turn was the 6h. The river was the 3d. Hansen's pair of deuces held up as his opponent busted out. On camera too. You know that's going to be immortalized and repeated three hundred times before the year is up. Hansen increased his stack to 165K after that hand. As I walked away, one of the guys serving drinks said, "Sick ****in' call. That guy is crazy. Who calls there with ****in' deuces? Sick. Just sick. I don't know if he's a ****in' moron or my hero."

Didn't that poll say go away? Pleaseeeee go away
ummmm...no you guys voted me to stay (following the rules of the poll).It is really funny reading these responses. I don't want to be too obvious here, but there is a certain correlation between FCP members with a lot of posts that resent my prominence and well-known members (a lot of whom are pros) that love me. i guess i'll leave it to you guys to figure it out.
ummmm...no you guys voted me to stay (following the rules of the poll).It is really funny reading these responses. I don't want to be too obvious here, but there is a certain correlation between FCP members with a lot of posts that resent my prominence and well-known members (a lot of whom are pros) that love me. i guess i'll leave it to you guys to figure it out.
Look at the "FINAL" results.... go away

It's true what they say about jealousy... it can only make you unhappy. However, in many cases it can bring laughter to gmanshade.

In a small town called Fort Carlton, Pennsylvania there is a factory that employs a lot of the residents. One resident, Dale P'ontless, has been coming to his job in the factory every day for twenty years. He does his job okay--makes mistakes alot, but sometimes gets it right--and in spite of his diligence he never really gets much recognition. He's been passed over for promotions, ignored during social events, and when the factory owner is asked to name the people he employs at his factory for some reason he always forgets to mention Dale P'ontless, although he remembers everyone else. One day a new employee comes to work at the factory, and his name is George Shade. George is different from Dale: he doesn't work hard, he's not punctual, and he is new to the town. Some days George comes to work on time, other times late; most of the time he leaves early. Although he doesn't put in that much effort, he's able to do his job quickly, gets a lot of recognition, and is the subject of constant discussion at the factory. When he's late to work the employees discuss where he might be and when he'll get there. When he leaves the factory early they wonder where he's going to and when he'll be back. The owner of the factory, Donald Nagrund, would have to close the factory if it wasn't for George, and he is thankful every day to have him around. Then one day....someone should finish this story

In a small town called Fort Carlton, Pennsylvania there is a factory that employees a lot of the residents. One resident, Dale P'ontless, has been coming to his job in the factory every day for twenty years. He does his job okay--makes mistakes alot, but sometimes gets it right--and in spite of his diligence he never really gets much recognition. He's been passed over for promotions, ignored during social events, and when the factory owner is asked to name the people he employs at his factory for some reason he always forgets to mention Dale P'ontless, although he remembers everyone else. One day a new employee comes to work at the factory, and his name is George Shade. George is different from Dale: he doesn't work hard, he's not punctual, and he is new to the town. Some days George comes to work on time, other times late; most of the time he leaves early. Although he doesn't put in that much effort, he's able to do his job quickly, gets a lot of recognition, and is the subject of constant discussion at the factory. When he's late to work the employees discuss where he might be and when he'll get there. When he leaves the factory early they wonder where he's going to and when he'll be back. The owner of the factory, Donald Nagrund, would have to close the factory if it wasn't for George, and he is thankful every day to have him around. Then one day....someone should finish this story
Blah blah blah...BAN
In a small town called Fort Carlton, Pennsylvania there is a factory that employs a lot of the residents. One resident, Dale P'ontless, has been coming to his job in the factory every day for twenty years. He does his job okay--makes mistakes alot, but sometimes gets it right--and in spite of his diligence he never really gets much recognition. He's been passed over for promotions, ignored during social events, and when the factory owner is asked to name the people he employs at his factory for some reason he always forgets to mention Dale P'ontless, although he remembers everyone else. One day a new employee comes to work at the factory, and his name is George Shade. George is different from Dale: he doesn't work hard, he's not punctual, and he is new to the town. Some days George comes to work on time, other times late; most of the time he leaves early. Although he doesn't put in that much effort, he's able to do his job quickly, gets a lot of recognition, and is the subject of constant discussion at the factory. When he's late to work the employees discuss where he might be and when he'll get there. When he leaves the factory early they wonder where he's going to and when he'll be back. The owner of the factory, Donald Nagrund, would have to close the factory if it wasn't for George, and he is thankful every day to have him around. Then one day....
...George started becoming an attention whore, and as a result, his colleagues taunted him and collectively agreed he should quit. He treated these taunts as mere jealousy. He couldn't accept that he was insignificant to the company's success. His delusions of being loved by Nagrund were totally unfounded, In fact, Nagrund hadn't visited his "Full Concept Paper" factory in many months, other than occasional brief meetings (to mostly discuss Hockey results). George was never invited to these meetings, but chose to ignore this - he was obviously doing such a good job that Nagrund didn't want to disturb him. That had to be the reason. It just had to be.As the weeks and months passed, and George was repeatedly overlooked for management posts, his mental problems grew exponentially. He began to alienate himself from all who supported him initially, and he became an outcast. He strutted round the factory feeling immensely superior to all those around him, almost completely oblivious to the object of ridicule he had become. The management put up with him and let him continue his employment. In fact, they were concerned that losing his job may tip him over the edge completely. His job at the factory was all he had. It was all he lived for.Eventually, George decided that he needed to be put in a position of power. His work was going unnoticed, and those around him were not giving him the respect he felt he deserved. He needed to be important. He needed to be feared. He needed to be revered. What he failed to realise was that he had become dangerously unreliable, and had long since been moved away from any work of importance. What he felt was his important work, in reality was almost a joke. He gathered news of other companies' activities and worked endlessly to his factory - news which was widely available to anyone who was interested. A promotion, he was told, was out of the question. He knew what he had to do.George waited months. He was waiting for the day Nagrund next visited the factory. Nagrund would give him the promotion he desired. Nagrund understood him. They were like two peas in a pod. Then the other guys wouldn't laugh at him. No. They would like him. They would finally see that he was better than them.Nagrund stepped into the factory, and before he knew it there was a tap on his shoulder. "Good morning Donald" said George. "I was wondering if I could just have a quick word about getting a promotion". Donald was taken aback. Here was this disheveled, deranged man, who looked as though he hadn't slept or washed in weeks, touching him and asking for a better job. His response was to remove the man's hand from his shoulder, and curtly stated "I'm sorry, who are you?" George looked at Donald with incredulity. "I'm George Shade. You know, THE George Shade? I keep this factory running." Nagrund's response came with an apologetic, and almost pitiful tone. "I'm sorry, I don't know you. I have an important meeting. I'm sure that your manager will take care of your promotion. Good to meet you though Gary."George was deflated. His saviour had deserted him. His eyes had been opened to the world he lived in. He was a mess. He had noone. His cat had died, and his wife had left him months ago. There was nothing left to life or hope for. He went home, walked over to the fridge and removed the crate of Hallmouth brand energy drink (he had given it to his wife as a poorly chosen birthday gift). He opened and poured each one of them into his bath, stripped naked, and drowned himself.THE END(I have waaaay too much free time)
...George started becoming an attention whore, and as a result, his colleagues taunted him and chosen birthday gift). He opened and poured each one of them into his bath, stripped naked, and drowned himself.THE END(I have waaaay too much free time)
You have great creative writing skills.
...George started becoming an attention whore, and as a result, his colleagues taunted him and collectively agreed he should quit. He treated these taunts as mere jealousy. He couldn't accept that he was insignificant to the company's success. His delusions of being loved by Nagrund were totally unfounded, In fact, Nagrund hadn't visited his "Full Concept Paper" factory in many months, other than occasional brief meetings (to mostly discuss Hockey results). George was never invited to these meetings, but chose to ignore this - he was obviously doing such a good job that Nagrund didn't want to disturb him. That had to be the reason. It just had to be.As the weeks and months passed, and George was repeatedly overlooked for management posts, his mental problems grew exponentially. He began to alienate himself from all who supported him initially, and he became an outcast. He strutted round the factory feeling immensely superior to all those around him, almost completely oblivious to the object of ridicule he had become. The management put up with him and let him continue his employment. In fact, they were concerned that losing his job may tip him over the edge completely. His job at the factory was all he had. It was all he lived for.Eventually, George decided that he needed to be put in a position of power. His work was going unnoticed, and those around him were not giving him the respect he felt he deserved. He needed to be important. He needed to be feared. He needed to be revered. What he failed to realise was that he had become dangerously unreliable, and had long since been moved away from any work of importance. What he felt was his important work, in reality was almost a joke. He gathered news of other companies' activities and worked endlessly to his factory - news which was widely available to anyone who was interested. A promotion, he was told, was out of the question. He knew what he had to do.George waited months. He was waiting for the day Nagrund next visited the factory. Nagrund would give him the promotion he desired. Nagrund understood him. They were like two peas in a pod. Then the other guys wouldn't laugh at him. No. They would like him. They would finally see that he was better than them.Nagrund stepped into the factory, and before he knew it there was a tap on his shoulder. "Good morning Donald" said George. "I was wondering if I could just have a quick word about getting a promotion". Donald was taken aback. Here was this disheveled, deranged man, who looked as though he hadn't slept or washed in weeks, touching him and asking for a better job. His response was to remove the man's hand from his shoulder, and curtly stated "I'm sorry, who are you?" George looked at Donald with incredulity. "I'm George Shade. You know, THE George Shade? I keep this factory running." Nagrund's response came with an apologetic, and almost pitiful tone. "I'm sorry, I don't know you. I have an important meeting. I'm sure that your manager will take care of your promotion. Good to meet you though Gary."George was deflated. His saviour had deserted him. His eyes had been opened to the world he lived in. He was a mess. He had noone. His cat had died, and his wife had left him months ago. There was nothing left to life or hope for. He went home, walked over to the fridge and removed the crate of Hallmouth brand energy drink (he had given it to his wife as a poorly chosen birthday gift). He opened and poured each one of them into his bath, stripped naked, and drowned himself.THE END(I have waaaay too much free time)
Awesome. Let's hope life imitates art.

if everyone will stop responding with ban and similarly stupid sht, i'd like to just contribute to the forum as usual (as i tried to do in making this thread). can we please just talk about hansen in the rest of this, since it looks like he may FT the ME? seriously, pretending to bash me has gotten really old, and i'm sick of defending myself but every time i post a normal response at least two morons follow that with some version of "ban" and i just can't take it any more. btw, in terms of people saying "i hope the ending comes true" that is really sick. i'm not married yet--she is still my gf--and if i was going to kill myself there are a lot of more pleasant ways than drowning in a bathtub full of proplayer.

i tried to start another poll on having you banned but your pal chrozzo jumped in wrote banned and the thread was closed. you lost so be gone you have no respect for anyone and sure as hell you dont have a stich of honor in your life.be gone you foul vermon. you and eric ryland need to get together and wank off together on your the man the pros know. hell i will throw a grand in a pot that helmuth would not know or care who you were.its nice to look up to a pro but dont think that you can be them or portray them.i bet that since you have such a large pro ego that you proboly live in a trailer, have a mullet, your meals are beans and franks,your teeth are rotted out and your pet is a goat tied to the hitch of the trailer. your trying to live through them.take your broke azz to the b&m make some $ and when you make it flame this website until then BE GONE

i tried to start another poll on having you banned but your pal chrozzo jumped in wrote banned and the thread was closed. you lost so be gone you have no respect for anyone and sure as hell you dont have a stich of honor in your life.be gone you foul vermon. you and eric ryland need to get together and wank off together on your the man the pros know. hell i will throw a grand in a pot that helmuth would not know or care who you were.its nice to look up to a pro but dont think that you can be them or portray them.i bet that since you have such a large pro ego that you proboly live in a trailer, have a mullet, your meals are beans and franks,your teeth are rotted out and your pet is a goat tied to the hitch of the trailer. your trying to live through them.take your broke azz to the b&m make some $ and when you make it flame this website until then BE GONE
Calm down. Seriously. Why so much hate. You're a noob. Noobs shouldn't be hatin. Or at least they should hate quietly.
hell i will throw a grand in a pot that helmuth would not know or care who you were.
And if he does, you'll come up with an excuse and take back the bet like all your other ones?