Official College Football Thread

This is completely necessary, because we all know that College football is way more fun to watch than the NFL. That's why people have had to resort to Fantasy football, to make the NFL more interesting.College has intense rivalries, and already had some great games this year. Many top teams with a shot at the title, but no one dominant team at this point. Ohio State is definitely #1, but faces a tough test going into Iowa next week.Discuss anything and everything including how Notre Dame still sucks.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO NOTRE DAME!!!!I thought our season was shot, but we came back and found a way.We continue to play suprisingly bad, though.
hahahahhahahano really hahahahahahaNotre Dame's season isn't over because they are nothing but a hype machine. They could have 3 losses now and still be in the top twenty because they way they are treated in the polls. I'm sure they will glide through the rest of what they call a schedule (I call it a joke) and get into a BCS game because the other high ranked teams play better competition from here out.MSU blew that game, retards.

Im not sure what to make of ND so far. They arent as good as I thought they would be, but still a top 25 team. As for me, I'm a Cornhusker fan. And I wasnt dissapointed with the loss to USC or the gameplan. The only way NU could have won was to keep the score low and run the ball. If they had any DB's they maybe possibly could have won. But USC is still head and shoulders better right now. I am still happy with the job Coach Callahan has done. He's bringing in some recruits and the offense looks much better. Before the season I predicted an 11-3 record at best for the Huskers. Two losses to Texas and one to USC, plus a bowl win. I think I may turn out to be right.

This is completely necessary, because we all know that College football is way more fun to watch than the NFL. That's why people have had to resort to Fantasy football, to make the NFL more interesting.College has intense rivalries, and already had some great games this year.
Good lord you could not be so wrong.Why do you think there are so many NFL teams threads and very few college football threads?College football is god aawful boring and they have NO PLAYOFF SYSTEM.Once your team losses there is NO POINT in watching the game anymore. You have no chance in winning it all.Yea great game. lame
Depends on how many more pass interference calls they get away with.
To be honest, I thought we pissed away the LSU game on what initially looked like a penalty. The later explanation by the officials that there wasn't a penalty makes sense though.
Good lord you could not be so wrong.Why do you think there are so many NFL teams threads and very few college football threads?College football is god aawful boring and they have NO PLAYOFF SYSTEM.Once your team losses there is NO POINT in watching the game anymore. You have no chance in winning it all.Yea great game. lame
Yeah, there's no point in watching the Michigan/Ohio St. Game when both teams are 9-2. Florida/Florida St. is boring when both teams aren't undefeated. I'd much rather watch a good College game when the players care about more than the money they'll be making. Plus, fans are way more into it in College than NFL because there's so much more pride involved.
Plus, fans are way more into it in College than NFL because college kids have nothing better to do then get drunk and watch a game on saturday
FYPI do however like college basketball opposed to NBA, because of the playoff system.If college football had a playoff system, I would be interested, but because it doesnt, I could care less about Penn State or Notre Dame after they receive their first loss

I was in Columbus this weekend for the Ohio St. v Penn St. game. Without a doubt there is nothing like being at a big time college football game. Ohio State is for real and Troy Smith is going to take the Heisman. Although Iowa is going to be a super tough game. What is the name of the linebakcer on Iowa that is really good? He wears #40.Tennessee rebounded nicely beating up on Marshall, they have Memphis this week, which should be another win. Then they go back to the SEC which is such a brutal conference. If Auburn runs the table out of the SEC there is no way they shouldn't play for the National Championship. The SEC is the toughest conference this year. 5 ranked teams and 4 in the top ten, sick.Oh yea, college football is better than the NFL.

Whose Michigan playing this week so I can know who to root for! :club:
At Minnesota, 8PM on Saturday.The Iowa Linebacker is Chad Greenway, might cause problems for Ohio St. although OSU should win. And the fan support for College football is way greater than the NFL. I'm not talking in volume of fans, but loyalty. In the NFL, you have a small sector of a fanbase that are hardcore fans for each team IMO.
I was in Columbus this weekend for the Ohio St. v Penn St. game. Without a doubt there is nothing like being at a big time college football game. Oh yea, college football is better than the NFL.
QFT. My grandpa has had season tickets for Nebraska games since 1961. I'll be at the NU v. Texas game and the NU v. CU game. Next year, USC comes in.

zimmer i couldnt agree with you more. just look at the stadiums. college has more fans at all the games. im from ohio and im a huge Ohio State fan. if you ever get a chance to go to a game here go. its well worth the electricity you will feel in the air. stadium is packed with over 100,000 and another 200,000 outside tailgating. there are sponsored parties at every home game and you really need to hit up hiny gate at least once in your life. danger brothers baby. yes college is ten times better then pros. they are playing for free and dont take plays off in college. look at the pros you see this **** all the time. i hate michigan, but when you walk up to that stadium and all you see is about a story or so out of the ground it is unbelievable. its awesome to watch a game there to even though i hate em......

At Minnesota, 8PM on Saturday.The Iowa Linebacker is Chad Greenway, might cause problems for Ohio St. although OSU should win.
Chad Greenway was drafted in the first rd by the Vikes, and now is out for the year, so it cant be him