Official 2008 Patriots Team Thread

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah like I've said already I'm not expecting anything next season. I'm just hoping the Patriots have a shot like every other team. I'm making this thread now because I want to talk about the fact that Chad Johnson wants to be a Patriot and might be campaigning to be traded. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr..._in_foxborough/
The Bengals would take an 8 million dollar cap hit if they traded Chad Johnson. I dreamed of this scenario for the dolphins as well.....but the cheap ass Bengals owner is not taking that kind of cap hit in exchange for draft picks.as a side note, the Patriots need a few things. WR is not one of them. Worry about your O-line and your LB corps and finding another CB when Asante leaves.

Asante Samuels agent: But he's the best Cornerback on the market, one of the best in the league. The Patriots: But he dropped that interception from Eli to clinch the Super Bowl. Sigh.

Asante Samuels agent: But he's the best Cornerback on the market, one of the best in the league. The Patriots: But he dropped that interception from Eli to clinch the Super Bowl. Sigh.
He's slightly overrated imo. Of course I'd rather have him on my team but he's not worth the money he's going to demand. It's all about the cap.
I demand that the Rams be declared the winner of the 2002 SuperBowl.Ship the Trophy to the STL.
I demand that the 2000 Superbowl be reviewed. They will find a holding penalty that should have been called against the Rams in the 4th quarter on the play the Rams scored on, and that would have been the difference in the game. Ship the trophy to Tennessee. I further demand that we dig up Georgia Frontiere and take the ring off her finger.
I demand that the 2000 Superbowl be reviewed. They will find a holding penalty that should have been called against the Rams in the 4th quarter on the play the Rams scored on, and that would have been the difference in the game. Ship the trophy to Tennessee. I further demand that we dig up Georgia Frontiere and take the ring off her finger.
Keep grasping at straws, cheaterfan.
Keep grasping at straws, cheaterfan.
Thats all you got?A holding penalty on that play would have had a hell of a lot more impact on the game than the recording of a walkthrough where they do absolutely nothing. Jimmy Johnson said its a joke for anybody to care if a walkthrough was taped.
Thats all you got?A holding penalty on that play would have had a hell of a lot more impact on the game than the recording of a walkthrough where they do absolutely nothing. Jimmy Johnson said its a joke for anybody to care if a walkthrough was taped.
Keep grasping at straws, cheaterfan.YEAH THATS ALL I GOT.
The Patriots broke the rules. They cheated. You are a fan of the Patriots. Thus making you, a cheaterfan.
Lets be reasonable and logical, ok?I was born a Patriots fan. Am I supposed to renounce the team that I lived for when I was 9 years old because they're very diligent in their scouting, the same as they're diligent in everything else, which is why they're a winning team?I believe Belichick when he said that he did not know he was breaking any rules, but yes, a rule was broken. With that said, the venom being sent at the Pats and Belichick is insane and disproportional to the alleged infraction. Yes, they openly filmed signals on the sideline. Yes they were caught. They then won the next 17 games without this "valuable tool". Seems to me that the significance of filming was at best minuscule but that is not how it gets portrayed.And besides, teams are allowed to videotape, just not in the location the Patriots were doing it from. It's the equivalent of jaywalking. You can cross the street...just not there.So I say again, should I renounce the team that I have loved my entire life? Would you if it were your team?