Whatgreatis is the lone reason I became a small winner at small stakes to a bigger winner at mid stakes.
True dat.
Whatgreatis is the lone reason I became a small winner at small stakes to a bigger winner at mid stakes.
Ok so he's infallible? I'm not being a dick, I just don't understand the point of the forum if it isn't to debate the best way to play a hand and to learn from that and what other people's reasoning behind their choices are. If you're really getting upset with someone disagreeing with your opinion, you must not really get away from your monitor much.I can see you wanting others to take your opinion with more weight because you play higher and have beat the smaller limits, but seriously, I think you wanting to know much more about villain before threebetting this is weird. 2nl is the same as it has always been, and pretty much EVERYONE that plays 2nl sucks beyond comprehension and raise a lot of crap for no real reason. I think in the long run it's probably better to threebet this against an unknown at 2nl then not too, even if it's just marginally. I can see not wanting to against a player at a higher limit because then information becomes more paramount, but seriously, you're getting worked up over a slight degree of correct/incorrect, +EV/-EV play at 2nl where there probably isn't THAT much of a difference anyway? Really?
Def. threebet pre. AQs at 2nl is like the nuts.
This is a 3 bet preflop, and it's not even close. You are missing an insane amount of value by flatting here.I don't understand the reasoning behind the flop donk bet. This is a board where we should expect villain to cb his entire range, and we aren't to worried about it getting checked through.
The bolded is what has Ryan so tilted. I discussed this with him for a bit and I told him I think 3betting an unknown is probably marginally better than flatting, but it is so case specific that to see people saying "DEF" and "it's not even close" is just the wrong line of thinking. Every hand is a new hand. Take game flow into consideration. -Have I 3bet any other hands recently where they may react different??-Have they faced any other 3bets?-How active have I been in general?Don't forget to take the 3rd person into account here as well. It is seriously the one thing you all should MAKE SURE to learn...is to NOT think mechanically. Game flow is EQUALLY as important as someones stats.I may fold AJ in MP one round then raise it the next, just because the 1st time around I may have just raised 4 out of last 5 pots, so I know someone is possibly going to play back lighter where I can't call.... It's those little things that help separate a breakeven player from a winner.Ryan is a chill fucker so lay off him. He is also very good at teh pokah and lovesssss to help ANYONE out that asks.I learn from him (and maybe he learns from me???)BUT, let it be known that the only time we played 1/2nl together, I stacked him on 1st hand.And also let it be known that my advice at 2nl should be taken more seriously than his because I won the 2nl 24 hr challenge last year when he bailed after 8 hrs (no excuses)That is all.
I was joking. I think he's a prissy bitch. And not very good at poker.
Someones not getting a Christmas card this year.

It's not that flatting AQs preflop is never correct, it's just that the situations where calling preflop has greater ev than 3 betting are so rare at 2NL that it really isn't worth mentioning.

• 1 year later...
I shouldn't really care to be honest. I guess this is why everybody moved to the private forum. The microgrinders at 4bb seem so much more open to learning/improving/moving up than fcp strat.
Lol?
Ryan is a hero of mine
Anyone who is disciplined enough to nearly schedule a class in the morning is a hero of mine. I sometimes have trouble thinking about getting up in time for sunset.