***official Twins Need To Get Their **** Together Thread**

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. Especially the pitching staff. What the hell is going on with them? Silva can't get his sinker going, Lohse, well he shouldn't even be on the staff. But Radke, what is wrong with Radke? Keep the ball low in the zone guys.

I predicted the bats would suck this year (when will we learn about Tori Hunter), but the pitching is very surprising. Didn't see worst ERA for starting rotation a month into the season coming at all

I predicted the bats would suck this year (when will we learn about Tori Hunter), but the pitching is very surprising. Didn't see worst ERA for starting rotation a month into the season coming at all
interesting prediction that the twins hitting would suck this year.amazingly, i was also able to predict that, and also that the ottawa senators would score a lot of goals, the detroit pistons would not give up many points, and the detroit lions would suck.
You don't think the addition of Tony Batista was enough to spark a scoring frenzy??
i predicted that tony batista would hit quite a few homeruns, but hit for a very low average
interesting prediction that the twins hitting would suck this year.amazingly, i was also able to predict that, and also that the ottawa senators would score a lot of goals, the detroit pistons would not give up many points, and the detroit lions would suck.
You must not live in MN. The media here kisses a lot of Twins ***, and made it sound like the bats would be much improved this year. Interesting response, carry on with your brilliance

I didn't get the impression from the media that our bats would be much improved. They were sceptical as they should have been. The people claiming that our offense would be much better was Ryan and the rest of the front office.

• 1 month later...

Threads die for a reason kid. The Twins could win every single one of their games for the rest of the season and still miss the playoffs. They aren't catching Detroit or Chicago.

It is definatly worth noting that for the first time since monthly awards have been handed out, players from the same team won all of the Pitcher of the Month, Batter of the Month, and Rookie of the Month awards. By the Twins Santana, Mauer, and Liriano respectively

Merry Christmas.The Royals have had this game won about 17 different times..but we flat out refuse to win tonight and have done as many things possible to give this game away. Gotta love Buddy Bell's "veteran presence." Thanks ******.

I don't know how Santana almost lost the game for us. That just isn't supposed to happen. I was glad to hear that KC blew it for us. They are Twins fans apparently
Minnesota also got some pretty major help from the umpires as well. Don't know if you saw the 9th inning or not..but the ump's strike zone went from tiny when Burgos was pitching to gigantic when Nathan was pitching...including four strike calls above the letters. Pretty rediculous.It is NOT the reason we lost, but it was funny how blatant the umpire got in just giving Nathan everything. But yeah...the Royals did everything in their power to lose it after they played great and knocked Santana out....Santana actually had good stuff..but the Royals offense actually looked pretty good against him at times....but then the defense just imploded.
I wasn't able to watch anything after Mauer's solo shot.
The contrast between the bottom of the top of the 8th/9th strike zones and the bottom of the 8th/9th strike zones was pretty rediculous...but it ain't like we were going to score anyways againg Nathan...so it wasn't that big of a factor. More comical than anything. We made so many mistakes that it didn't matter.

Just a few key hits here, some quality pitches there..and BOOF! the Royals beat the Twins.Rubber game tomorrow.....I think the Royals have outplayed the Twins so far this series outside of one atrocious half-inning...which is really saying something considering how white-hot the Twins have been. Of course..we are pretty fortunate to be skipping Liriano....so that helps.

I couldnt agree more that the Royals are actually outplaying the Twins. They should actually be 2-0 in the series. Twins aint hitting, and they aint hitting either.
The Twins aren't hitting and aren't hitting?? Lol....yeah, we should be 2-0 in the series...but oh well. Royals playing good ball and Bonser just couldn't find the zone consistently. Really sucks that the Twins couldn't gain much ground while they were white-hot.Boof....I'm out. lol...BOOF!!! I googled the word 'boof' and found out that it was a slang term for man-on-man anal sex.I'm serious. BOOF!
Wow, another great game for the Twinkies. Not to take anything away from the Royals, but the Twins are playing just plain bad.
No, I know, the Twins definitely didn't play their best at all. The Twins are without a doubt the better team, but with the Twins playing poorly and the Royals playing pretty well (except for one inning..), the Twins were lucky to win just one game in this series. It happens though, Twins will be fine. Hopefully my Royals can continue to play like this...we're a tough tough team to beat when we do.
  • 3 weeks later...