Team Canada World Jr Roster Invitees

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada could ice two gold medal contending teams; especially if Sam Gagner, James Shepperd, David Perron, Jordan Staal and Jonathan Toews were permitted to play.

LETS GO SIMMONDS!He may surprise you if you get a chance to see him.
Its not very likely hell make the team, MAYBE as a role playing checking line type guy. I'd be pretty surprised if him or Mathias makes this team, let alone both. I think mathias has the tools to make the team but he wasn't on the superseries roster and I think he is going to get politic'd out.
Canada could ice two gold medal contending teams; especially if Sam Gagner, James Shepperd, David Perron, Jordan Staal and Jonathan Toews were permitted to play.
I doubt the Oilers will let Gagner play he's been a pretty stellar contributor to them this year. His shootout numbers alone are a reason to keep him playing especially since the Oilers have been in 8 shootout this year. But that team will be killer with or without Gagner.
Did the IAAF ever pass the rule that was suggested where Canada would get to host the World Junior's every other year? I heard some talk about it but was never sure if this went thru. Also where are World Juniors this year?
Yes it did/. It is in Ottawa next year.
Every year I get more and more annoyed that I can't watch this tournament in the US.Team Canada is going to be absolutely frightening.
That sucks. If I'm not mistaken in Canada even if you are at work you can watch the Live feed on TSN.ca.
It's going to be in Ottawa next yr??? Sickkkkkkkkkkk
Ya, you can already buy tickets for it**only option at the moment is to get packages for every game in the tournament (including the medal rounds) which are in ~1k range if I recall correctly.http://www.2009wjhc.com/ is the site, but doesn't come up for me for some reason.
http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=798916OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 3, 2007) - The host organizing committee for the 2009 IIHF World Junior Championship announced today that ticket packages representing more than 300,000 tickets have already been sold for the event to be held in Ottawa from Dec. 26, 2008, to Jan. 5, 2009. It was also announced that sponsorship sales have now passed the $4.5-million mark, far exceeding the record of $3 million set at the 2006 WJC in Vancouver. The committee attributes its success to the enthusiasm of fans in Hockey Country and the work of its 20-plus person leadership team.Ticket packages for the 2009 IIHF world juniors can be purchased at www.capitaltickets.ca, by calling 613-599-FANS (3267), 1-877-788- FANS (3267) or at the Ottawa Senators' box office.The bronze 17-game package is available at $750 per seat in the upper bowl at SBP. Fewer than 400 gold and silver packages are still available, with gold packages priced at $1,150 per seat for 31 games in the lower level at and the Civic Centre. The silver package for 31 games is $850 per seat in the upper bowl. All ticket packages include seats for every Team Canada game and all playoff and medal-round games.For more information on the 2009 IIHF World Junior Championship, visit http://www.hockeycanada.ca/ottawa2009.
  • 2 weeks later...
Its not very likely hell make the team, MAYBE as a role playing checking line type guy. I'd be pretty surprised if him or Mathias makes this team, let alone both. I think mathias has the tools to make the team but he wasn't on the superseries roster and I think he is going to get politic'd out.
0-2People are going to love Simmonds once they get to see him.

Gardien :Jonathan Bernier (Lewiston)Steve Mason (London)Défenseurs :Karl Alzner (Calgary)Drew Doughty (Guelph)Josh Godfrey (Sault Ste. Marie)Thomas Hockey (Seattle)Logan Pyett (Regina)Luke Schenn (Kelowna)P.K. Subban (Belleville)Attaquants :Zachary Boychuk (Lethbridge)Colton Gillies (Saskatoon)Claude Giroux (Gatineau)Mattew Halischuk (Kitchener)Riley Holzapfel (Moose Jaw)Stefan Legein (Niagara)Brad Marchand (Val-d'Or)Shawn Matthias (Belleville)Wayne Simmonds (Sault Ste. Marie)Steven Stamkos (Sarnia)Brandon Sutter (Red Deer)John Tavares (Oshawa)Kyle Turris (Wisconsin)

0-2People are going to love Simmonds once they get to see him.
Well to be fair to my 0-2 record, I said Matthias was good enough and would get politic'd out, and said simmonds could make it as a 4th line energy guy which he did .... cmon thats gotta be good enough for 1-2 .... half point each lol? :)Can't believe Mclean got cut, hes been the best player in the OHL thus far imo
Défenseurs :Thomas Hockey (Seattle)
If this guy has ANY talent in the NHL, he's going to make some nice endorsement deals."That's right, it's me - Mister Hockey! I'm here to tell you about..."
If this guy has ANY talent in the NHL, he's going to make some nice endorsement deals."That's right, it's me - Mister Hockey! I'm here to tell you about..."
His name is actually Thomas Hickey, dunno if you knew that and were making a joke or what but yea typo on that list.