Tuukka Rask 1 Toronto 0

I'm officially a hater when it comes to this bland, boring group of Leafs and have litte to no interest in the team this season. Tuukka Rask for Andrew Raycroft, I repeat, Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft??? Are they insane? Rask is a bona fide star in the making and the Leafs totally blew it by literally handing him to the Bruins for an average goaltender who cracks in big games. It's so sick. Had they kept Rask I would have been excited about the Leafs future and I'm not sold on Pogge. You know what the Bruins could get for Rask if they traded him? My goodness, it would be A LOT more than freakin' Andrew Raycroft. I would have fired everyone on the spot after that ridiculously unecessary trade for a BACK UP goalie. Go Rask go, I hope you crush the Leafs every chance you get. It serves them right for disrespecting your talent for... ANDREW RAYCROFT???????????????????

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pfft.....Daniel you sound like every "leaf hater" that calls in to the radio shows....Do you honestly think the Leafs problems are in goal this year??If they had Patrick Roy in net their record would be similar..ITs been widely acknowledged that the Leafs are weak defensively(defence and forwards)..And they just dont give a 60 minute effort every night..Some moron last night called in and said Tukko Rask is a hall of famer...yeah a friggin 20 year old goalie that played his first game...Check back in 5 years to see how Pogge and Rask compare

Toronto is a team that is cursed to hover in mediocrity. The preasures of fans and media to win now will have them trading away prospects and draft picks, signing mediocre free agents for temporary fixes. What they need is a GM who is willing to bite the bullet and go through a couple tough years to totally rebuild the organization. Not winning right now and not spending to the cap every year will put to much preasure by fans and media and they will give in instead of doing what is really necessary to have a contender.

The preasures of fans and media to win now will have them trading away prospects and draft picks, signing mediocre free agents for temporary fixes.
I think it's more of a "you traded away our future for this?" rather than not wanting to rebuild at all. And signing mediocre FAs isn't a huge crippling deal (unless it's 34 year old wingers on 5 year deals, lol!)
pfft.....Daniel you sound like every "leaf hater" that calls in to the radio shows....Do you honestly think the Leafs problems are in goal this year??If they had Patrick Roy in net their record would be similar..ITs been widely acknowledged that the Leafs are weak defensively(defence and forwards)..And they just dont give a 60 minute effort every night..Some moron last night called in and said Tukko Rask is a hall of famer...yeah a friggin 20 year old goalie that played his first game...Check back in 5 years to see how Pogge and Rask compare
The Leafs had both Pogge and Rask on the farm. They could have traded away Pogge for a solid young blueliner, Vlasic, Seabrook, or one of the many others out there and addressed the issue the proper way. Instead they gave away a great prospect for much less than market value. Dude, they gave away a top 10 prospect for an overpriced back up goalie. Don't you see how that's a bad thing? What good did the Rask trade do for the Leafs?

One more thing, if they had a Luongo, Brodeur type of goalie their record would be much better this year, but that's not what I'd want to see happen anyway as they are so bad even the best goalie in the world isn't enough to make them an elite team. Kubina, McCabe, Gill, the defense is awful and they make too much money. Leafs suck dude, you live in a fantasy world.

The Leafs had both Pogge and Rask on the farm. They could have traded away Pogge for a solid young blueliner, Vlasic, Seabrook, or one of the many others out there and addressed the issue the proper way. Instead they gave away a great prospect for much less than market value. Dude, they gave away a top 10 prospect for an overpriced back up goalie. Don't you see how that's a bad thing? What good did the Rask trade do for the Leafs?
That's the part that leaves me shaking my head... everyone... .EVERYONE.... knew that Rask was the better prospect. AND... everyone....EVERYONE....knew that Raycroft was not a starting goalie. EVERYONE except the guy pulling the trigger on the trade. And the worst part was that they could have had Curtis Joseph on a one year deal for 1 million flat-less than Raycroft- and kept BOTH prospects and traded one down the road for something that would really have helped them.. Of all the moves the leafs made in the past three years... this is the one that makes me sick. Believe me, there are NHL GM's that are STILL laughing at the leafs for this fiasco...

lol.Question......is this the first time they have awarded the Rookie of the Year in November?Will Tukka be able to be there in person to accept the Vezina, or will he be too busy saving the world from global warming?Tukka Rask=1 NHL game. Toronto Maple Leafs = overexposedOnly in TO does the overreaction go both ways to this degree. I won't deny it looks like a bad trade, but lets not quite equate this to larceny just yet.

Yeah that Huet for Garon trade looks terrible right now.
no it doesn't, there is no room for Garon in the Habs organization now and Huet has been way better than Garron since the trade. It turned out to be an excellent trade.did you forget a sw?
lol.Question......is this the first time they have awarded the Rookie of the Year in November?Will Tukka be able to be there in person to accept the Vezina, or will he be too busy saving the world from global warming?Tukka Rask=1 NHL game. Toronto Maple Leafs = overexposedOnly in TO does the overreaction go both ways to this degree. I won't deny it looks like a bad trade, but lets not quite equate this to larceny just yet.
You should listen to the media today, people have already put him in the Hall of fame...Its ridicolous really
no it doesn't, there is no room for Garon in the Habs organization now and Huet has been way better than Garron since the trade. It turned out to be an excellent trade.did you forget a sw?
He's talking about how it worked out for LA, duh.
But that's the exact point: Rask isn't a Hall of Famer.... He's not a ROY candidate... he's not even an NHL'er yet. But what he represents is a player with a POTENTIAL future.... which is something the Leafs have made a habit of trading away. It's not really about Rask: it's about very poor decision making that led to a tangible asset being traded for nothing, in a scenario where he didn't have to be traded at all. And let us not forget, Leaf fans are the QUICKEST to anoint a Strahlman, a Gamache, a Stajan, etc, as the next great thing. That's not the point either. The point is....the leafs made a horrible decision in trading Rask. Right now, you could get an NHL defenseman for him. What would you get for Andrew Raycroft?

Raycroft was asked how he feels about being traded for Rask.."Well I have 39 wins and he has one"I loved that quote..Stick it up your arse Tukko

Raycroft was asked how he feels about being traded for Rask.."Well I have 39 wins and he has one"I loved that quote..Stick it up your arse Tukko
Gino Odjick 64 goalsKyle Wellwood 26 goals
Also from the irrelevant stat department....Rask replied I have a 2.00 career Goals Against Average, Raycrofts at 2.80Stick it up your arse JFJ
But that's the exact point: Rask isn't a Hall of Famer.... He's not a ROY candidate... he's not even an NHL'er yet. But what he represents is a player with a POTENTIAL future.... which is something the Leafs have made a habit of trading away. It's not really about Rask: it's about very poor decision making that led to a tangible asset being traded for nothing, in a scenario where he didn't have to be traded at all. And let us not forget, Leaf fans are the QUICKEST to anoint a Strahlman, a Gamache, a Stajan, etc, as the next great thing. That's not the point either. The point is....the leafs made a horrible decision in trading Rask. Right now, you could get an NHL defenseman for him. What would you get for Andrew Raycroft?
right now you could get an NHL defenseman for Rask, yes. And I would agree with you, as of now it appears they made a bad trade. But is there no chance that over the next 2/3 years, there might come a time where Raycroft's value is higher than Rask's? Impossible?Is there not the possibility that Rask becomes the next Jamie Storr, Byron Dafoe, Jim Carey? I think you would agree there is. So as much as I like Daniel, when I hear someone espouse that NOW they have given up liking their team because Rask played one game and won against the Leafs, bla bla bla....come on, get real. Let him prove his worth before we decide it was a total fleecing. And exactly how many games have the majority of the posters here watched Rask and Pogge play? Im guessing no more than a handful, if that. Yet if we had a poll tonight, 99% would pick Rask based on what they have read here or elsewhere.I guess I want to be devils advocate many times not because I am a huge Leafs fan (I'm really not) but I am really blown away by the mass Leafs bashing on this site where everyone just piles on the same bandwagon cause its so easy to fit in with the crowd. It isn't all black and white. Hey, JFJ took a chance, he was hoping Raycroft was the guy who won the RoY, but obviously now we all see, that wasnt the case. He took a chance, gave up POTENTIAL, and what he received hasnt helped as much as he hoped. Until Rask wins something of consequence in Boston (playoff series or two), don't tell me the Leafs got robbed. Let him prove it first. Trades dont always work out as you hoped. And they are easy to second guess in hindsight. Gruven said he believed it was a bad trade the day it happened....well, I say good for you, you were right. I will admit I wasn't. I figured they might have a young goalie who could be their #1 for years to come in Raycroft. In his RoY season, he was spectacular, i thought. I find it hard to believe I was the only person who believed that.As I see it, trading is a matter of taking risk. They figured the risk with Raycroft was less than the risk of giving up the asset they had in Rask. I wouldn't say they traded Rask for nothing, but like I said, I thought Raycroft was a good goalie coming off a bad year filled with injuries.I hate the Leafs as much as the next guy, and I fully recognize they are an incredibly poor run franchise (hey, I was a fan in the 80's, enough said!), but I dont feel the need to knock EVERYTHING they do and every game they play. Rask might prove to be a star. I'm not convinced yet, and I dont see any reason why you should bash the Leafs on what MAY happen.If anyone wants to bet me $100 on Rask winning 300games and a Cup in his lifetime, I'm all game.