630 replies to this topic

#241 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

View Post20TN40, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 2:00 PM, said:

Please don't lump me in with them. LOL I think Obama is a political GENIUS and I 100% agree with your definition of "savvy politician". However, I think his past relations with Wright are VERY important to him and a huge foundation for where he is now. And because he is a political genius and a savvy politician, I believe he'll figure out a way to bring Wright back into his fold.Maybe it's because I didn't switch Oprah off, but I'm feeling very nervous at the prospect of Obama as president. I can't find any where that is celebrating this as a win for America instead of a win for blacks. I find the posters from Kenya saying "We're on our way to the White House now" to be alarming. And before someone calls me a racist, I can honestly say that I would have voted for Colin Powell over any candidate on the ballot. There are just so many details in Obama's life that give me the willies.
Rly? You need to get out more
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#242 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,849 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

View Post20TN40, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 3:00 PM, said:

Maybe it's because I didn't switch Oprah off, but I'm feeling very nervous at the prospect of Obama as president. I can't find any where that is celebrating this as a win for America instead of a win for blacks. I find the posters from Kenya saying "We're on our way to the White House now" to be alarming. And before someone calls me a racist, I can honestly say that I would have voted for Colin Powell over any candidate on the ballot. There are just so many details in Obama's life that give me the willies.
So, is what you're trying to say is that Obama's presidency is the world's greatest 419 scam?
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#243 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,849 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

View Posthblask, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 3:00 PM, said:

This is exactly how I felt about Clinton, too, and why I was very afraid of him as president. But it turns out that it is the exact reason why he was 10X better than the presidents before and after him. This Bush-Clinton-Bush cycle has thrown my views of the relevance of character into a bit of turmoil. It seems like character should matter, but results matter more.
I think honesty and integrity are at best irrelevant in the making of an effective president and at worst are detriments.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#244 20TN40

20TN40

Self Appointed Princess

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

View Postgobears, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 5:04 PM, said:

Rly? You need to get out more
Really. Every thing I've seen on all the channels on Dish Network shows tons and thousands of African Americans celebrating a win for the black community. Please find me a group of white Americans that are celebrating this election..........I'd love to see it.

#245 Love4hockey

Love4hockey

bears, beets, battlestar galactica

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

View Post20TN40, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 4:09 PM, said:

Really. Every thing I've seen on all the channels on Dish Network shows tons and thousands of African Americans celebrating a win for the black community. Please find me a group of white Americans that are celebrating this election..........I'd love to see it.
Do you have a college near by?

#246 20TN40

20TN40

Self Appointed Princess

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 5:04 PM, said:

So, is what you're trying to say is that Obama's presidency is the world's greatest 419 scam?
I'm totally lost on the 419 reference, and please note that I haven't yet called this a presidency. I'm not convinced that Obama will ever spend the first night in the White House as president. What I am saying is that I have yet to find a leopard that can change his spots permanantly.

#247 20TN40

20TN40

Self Appointed Princess

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 5:04 PM, said:

Crazy double postament

#248 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

View Post20TN40, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 2:14 PM, said:

I'm totally lost on the 419 reference, and please note that I haven't yet called this a presidency. I'm not convinced that Obama will ever spend the first night in the White House as president. What I am saying is that I have yet to find a leopard that can change his spots permanantly.
What the hell are you talking about?

#249 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,849 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

View Post20TN40, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 2:14 PM, said:

1) 419 scams are also known as the "Nigerian" scams.. http://en.wikipedia....vance_fee_fraud2) you're insane.3) What's your stormfront handle? Mine's "PrussianBlueFan77"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#250 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

And for those who are so blind to think that he will govern as a centrist, he's offered Rahm Emanuel chief of staff. Not that that was ever in question, just the first of many debts he owes the far left Chicago political machine.

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#251 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 3:18 PM, said:

And for those who are so blind to think that he will govern as a centrist, he's offered Rahm Emanuel chief of staff. Not that that was ever in question, just the first of many debts he owes the far left Chicago political machine.
Farrakhan, Jackson and Ayers shakedowns, coming soon!

F Cancer

#252 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 2:18 PM, said:

How can you not like "Rahmbo"?He's got experience from the Clinton years, knows how Washington works and can be bad cop to Obama's good cop when they deal with Congress.
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#253 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,849 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 2:20 PM, said:

Farrakhan, Jackson and Ayers shakedowns, coming soon!
Wanna bet?
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#254 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,287 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 5:18 PM, said:

I just read this and he doesn't seem to be far left and had a lot of experience in the Clinton Administration that would help a Chief of Staff.http://www.sourcewat...le=Rahm_Emanuel
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#255 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

Are we now going to have to listen to Republican whiners and nay-saying bullshit for at least 4 years?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#256 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostMercury69, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 2:24 PM, said:

Are we now going to have to listen to Republican whiners and nay-saying bullshit for at least 4 years?
As opposed to what for the last 8 years?

#257 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,849 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostMercury69, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 2:24 PM, said:

Obv. We've been listening to Democratic Whiners and nay-saying bullshit for 8 years ( with a brief pause post 9/11). It's a small price to pay.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#258 20TN40

20TN40

Self Appointed Princess

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:36 PM

View PostLove4hockey, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 5:11 PM, said:

Do you have a college near by?
Yes, several. One is a Baptist college that isn't celebrating. One is a college in crisis because we are soon to be without a football coach and searching for one for the first time in 17 years.

#259 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,849 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

View Post20TN40, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 3:36 PM, said:

Yes, several. One is a Baptist college that isn't celebrating. One is a college in crisis because we are soon to be without a football coach and searching for one for the first time in 17 years.
LOL if I didn't know you were southern before, this post would lock it up.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#260 20TN40

20TN40

Self Appointed Princess

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 5:15 PM, said:

What the hell are you talking about?
Cookies and koolaide. You? Seriously, referencing the 419 scam Big was talking about. I'm saying that I don't believe that Obama can change his spots.......he's been a fan of Rev. Wright for a long time and I think Wright will be back in the Obama camp within the next six months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users