As in the title, when the dude buys in for an amount less than full buyin, and posts from UTG+1, that's a decent indicator that he's prolly not the most skilled villain at the table.Is this line ok?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $10.95UTG+1: $6.45CO: $4.40Button: $13.95Hero: $9.90BB: $2Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T :club: J :5c UTG, folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.5, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.Flop: 3 :D J :ts 8 :D ($1.1, 2 players)Hero bets $0.9, UTG+1 calls.Turn: 9 :4h ($2.9, 2 players)Hero bets $2.4, UTG+1 calls.River: A :D ($7.7, 2 players)Hero bets $2.7, <--putting him all in if he calls, obv

I don't know, I find players like this post, get a7off then go broke w/ it on a j high flop.(obv. that's good, and if you're gonna play this hand after that big pre I may bet double pot on that flop, I just mean you've put in a big river bet on a card that I think sux for you)I'd prefer up the aggression w/ a hand worth playing hard w/. Here I wouldn't bother pre flop. Give it a hand or two to see just how awful he is.As you've noted the guy bought in lite and posted utg +1, there are easier ways to stack these people.

I just mean you've put in a big river bet on a card that I think sux for you
I don't understand this statement - my river bet is roughly 1/3 of the pot and even that is more than he has left.
I don't know, I find players like this post, get a7off then go broke w/ it on a j high flop.(obv. that's good, and if you're gonna play this hand after that big pre I may bet double pot on that flop, I just mean you've put in a big river bet on a card that I think sux for you)I'd prefer up the aggression w/ a hand worth playing hard w/. Here I wouldn't bother pre flop. Give it a hand or two to see just how awful he is.As you've noted the guy bought in lite and posted utg +1, there are easier ways to stack these people.
I don't understand this statement - my river bet is roughly 1/3 of the pot and even that is more than he has left.
If he sucked out on the Hero with the Ace on the river, he wasn't getting odds to do so and he deserves the few remaining cents he's getting if he did. The river bet puts the guy all-in, which we might as well do since were not folding if we check and he shoves. Though, it might be more profitable to check/call as a bluff-catcher, but if you think he's more likely to call the river light, I prefer betting.I really don't mind the PF raise, there is basically an extra blind out there and the just as likely to have 82o as any other hand, so play like you would. I personally don't raise J10o from the SB, but if that's your style, don't change it just because there is a poster. It should actually be more of an incentive to raise. On this flop and especially the turn, you're not going anywhere, so it's gorgeous.River sucks if he sucked out, but it doesn't matter since he called like 60% of his stack all the way down while way behind to get there.

point taken, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the action in the hand. To me, going to war here seems unneccessary, I like keeping this pot way smaller and determing how nuts the guys going to be more.I are nit.

I personally don't raise J10o from the SB, but if that's your style, don't change it just because there is a poster. It should actually be more of an incentive to raise.
ding ding ding - I'm probably 30/70 with raising JT from the sb with a single limper, but when there's an extra bb in there from a guy who posted blind and it gets folded to me, that % is going waaay up.

Now that I'm done the s7s program, I'm pretty much starting over. I'm going to grind 6max nl fro the bottom up, using nit-like bankroll management and see where I get to. 10nl on stars is the game for me right now :club: Although I give up some equity in terms of rakeback, I like the game selection on stars better - and the amount really of rakeback at this level would be minimal anyway.

Move to Absolute, seriously. Unless you have a problem with them morally or something. They have 30% rakeback through rakebreak.com. They also have a rake race every month and the top 50 (except for this month) all get more money with the minimum being $50. If you play like 30-40k hands even at $10 max I think you'd have a shot at being 48-50th in rake, and earn $50. I'm assuming the competition at $10max is horrible everywhere, but Abs is complete trash competition. Think about it, most of the 2p2ers and pocketfivers are boycotting the site. Also you need to buy PT and a Hud if you haven't already.As for the hand, I think it's fine. Up to $25max I'd isolate limpers in the blinds because they played so weak passive postflop. I don't really recommend raising out of the SB with J10 at $50 max and higher.

I'm not a huge fan of absolute's software, and from what I see their game selection is nowhere close to what it is on stars. I do have a couple bucks left on there so I probably will mix in some cash play there at times.As for PT/Hud, I am using pt3 right now and actually fairly happy with it. It's a 60-day trial, I'm hoping pokerev is out before that. I downloaded holdem manager, but right off the start I didn't find it as intuitive as pt3, so I won't be getting many hands in to that.

ding ding ding - I'm probably 30/70 with raising JT from the sb with a single limper, but when there's an extra bb in there from a guy who posted blind and it gets folded to me, that % is going waaay up.
Exactly :club:
Now that I'm done the s7s program, I'm pretty much starting over. I'm going to grind 6max nl fro the bottom up, using nit-like bankroll management and see where I get to. 10nl on stars is the game for me right now :ts Although I give up some equity in terms of rakeback, I like the game selection on stars better - and the amount really of rakeback at this level would be minimal anyway.
Anything is better than 10nl on Tilt. Even with Rakeback, 10% rake is still a bitch. I played like 1/2 as many hands as a friend who plays 25nl on tilt for the April month and had twice as much RB as he did. It's sick.