50 NL 6maxeffective 50Villain raises to 2 UTG +1, hero re raises to 6, with A5osVillain calls.I've been trying the 3 bet light play, and its been working out well. Usually take it down on the flop, and haven't had resistance.pot=13Flop4c 4s 3hcheck, hero bets 9. Standard no?Villain callsAt this pt, I assume he's either floating or has a pp. Doubt he has a 4, as this is my first 3 bet of the session, and haven't been out of line. Something like 7s or 8s is a possibility.Turn AhCheck, Hero shoves for 25~.Looking back on this, I have no idea what I'm representing other than AK, or an overpair. Should I ever expect a call with the worse hand here, or have I just given him a reason to fold it?Any objections?

Sure do, this is one of those cases you are only getting called if you are crushed... what sort of range do you put the villian on?
Well preflop, since I didn't get re raised, probably something like Ax, where x is anything 9-K, KQ-10, any two broadway cards, or a small pp. I've seen a lot of 50nl players with suited connectors in this spot too. Obviously with the flop call, he either is floating, or has a pair. I intended on slowing down if I didn't hit the turn. Now that I hit it, I guess my move was either check or bet, and I bet. Maybe a check was more optimal?

3-bet light with a good read or as a part of an overall aggressive style.Shoving the turn here is bad becuase you are going to fold out all other hands that would give you value. There are 2 good reasons why you should shove the turn here though.1. It kind of looks like a bluff and you might get called, although if the villain had TT or a similar type of hand, he now can't beat anything in your range2. Avoid going to showdown. If you are willing to give up value in order to avoid showing that you 3-bet with A5, then shoving here is fine.

3-bet light with a good read or as a part of an overall aggressive style.Shoving the turn here is bad becuase you are going to fold out all other hands that would give you value. There are 2 good reasons why you should shove the turn here though.1. It kind of looks like a bluff and you might get called, although if the villain had TT or a similar type of hand, he now can't beat anything in your range2. Avoid going to showdown. If you are willing to give up value in order to avoid showing that you 3-bet with A5, then shoving here is fine.
my in the moment thinking.edit=for overall aggressive style. Alot of weak tighties at this level, so I can pick up alot pots. But I haven't gotten to the turn yet when I had 3bet light.
I don't think you are going to get called by TT very often IMHO... people really seem to be scared of aces
I don't think you are going to get called by TT very often IMHO... people really seem to be scared of aces
I agree. Once the A rolls off, they can't beat anything that you would legitimately 3-bet with.

I kinda like it. I don't have the cajones to play this way, but I like it. The pot by the time you shoved was $31, right? So I think shoving for $25 is a decent value bet. If he has seen you 3-bet light a lot, he might be tempted to call you off with even KK. If he ended up paying you off with a big pair, expect a bunch of "omg 3-bet with A5 wtf?? You donk!!!11" type comments.

Who wants resultssssssss????Villain CallsRiver 2hHero shows A5 for the straightVillain shows KhQh for the flush.boooooo. poker is the ghey

wuts funny is I totally thought i wrapped up the hand with my gutter...and then I see the chips being shipped the wrong way. HIYO

2. Avoid going to showdown. If you are willing to give up value in order to avoid showing that you 3-bet with A5, then shoving here is fine.
This is the only reason I'd shove. I'm not sure if I like it though.