So Howd You Come Up With Your Nickname?

just curious how people got their poker screennamesmyplayisrab... rab means respectable at best, an inside joke with friends to describe something amazing, such as a 700 ft homerun being rab..when in actuality its amazingdiscuss

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is from Seinfeld obviously. Its also the license plate on one of my cars. No Soup for you. NEXT!Mark

BDPoolieWhen we got married, my wife called me Big Daddy (BD). * Now that we have two kids, I'm lucky if she calls me anything other than SOB (sw).As for Poolie, that was my nick name in college, although I'm not really sure how I got it. We had a group of guys that would play cards (Not hold 'em back then. Mostly we'd play Spades for money), and one of the guys just started calling me Poolie (I guess it somehow came from my name Paul).Once I sat in a chair and it broke in half, so then they started calling me "Hacksaw Poolie".

My first online poker site was Party Poker. I wanted something golf related. I ended up liking the name for a couple of reasons. First, because people would shorten in to "sand", or "wedge". Second, because whenever some intelligently challenged person talked trash at the table, he would usually make some reference to eating a "sandwich", which I find amusing.

this is a creative topic.mine is what a hot older chick called me through most of grade 11. i guess i made most of my internet IDs when I was in grade 11.
lol, nh sirill have to send you a pm sometime soon, i intendon hittin up halifax before the end of june

simple, initials + lucky number (and my age at the time)Yes I signed up for stars when I was 17.Since I see Jamie reading this, he got his name by being a weak fish and constantly check folding, hence the name checkymcfold.He still does it to this day

used to play d&d, wrote a random name generator program to come up with unusual character names after being shown how to roll up names using dice.

I was angry with the Commie government here and made up my own country. I am President !My poker name is PearlPlayer which is an obvious one.I signed up on this site to find out if online poker is rigged and can be cheated. Pretty sure I know the answer now !!

I'm probably one of the more creative people on here, so I'll tell you the story.Zach, is my real name. No joke there.66 was the number worn by Mario Lemieux. That's hockey for you Americans.68 was worn by Jaromir Jagr.I'm a huge Penguins fan (again, hockey), and those two were the best players like 10 years ago when I started creating account names, and I guess those numbers just stuck.For the record, 6668 has nothing to do with 666, and everything associated with that.Weeeeeeeeeee.

my forum name is just a combination of my last name and initials...but my online name, spunkwater (AP), comes from mark twain's tom sawyer. spunkwater is rain water collectedin a dead tree trunk. it is not jizz.

No creativity here. The numbers are my birthday, November 3rd and I expect lots of presents.
Damn, and I've always celebrated your birthday on January 13th. Live and learn, i guess.