Official Yankees 07 Thread

Well...the Yankees are back in action. Although these games don't mean much it was nice to see the bats were live and that Wang retired all 6 batters. Hopefully this is only a sign of what will come for the Yankees in 2007.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most interesting subplot: will yankees fans realize that only unconditional support will make A-Rod revert back to his MVP form?? And if they do realize this, will they be able to go against their boo-bird instincts and find a way to cheer for him??I say they cant. As a consequence, no ring this year.

Most interesting subplot: will yankees fans realize that only unconditional support will make A-Rod revert back to his MVP form?? And if they do realize this, will they be able to go against their boo-bird instincts and find a way to cheer for him??I say they cant. As a consequence, no ring this year.
The Yankees don't need Arod in MVP form to win a championship. As long as he isn't going 1/20, making 3 errors a game during the postseason they have a really good shot at the ring. I have to hope he wouldn't do what he did last October this October, but we'll have to wait and see.In other Yankee news they are looking great in spring training. There has been some great pitching so far. Kei Igawa didn't perform well today, but if he turns out to be a bust I didn't really have any expectations for him anyways. We'll have to wait and see how he adjusts to the MLB down the stretch.

you know as conservative as the Yankees were with the checkbook this offseason, overall. Igawa has to be considered one of the worst signings doesn't it? $46 M for him? a $26 M bid? Makes you wonder what they bid for Matsuzaka. Makes you wonder what the second lowest bid on Igawa was. $10 M?

you know as conservative as the Yankees were with the checkbook this offseason, overall. Igawa has to be considered one of the worst signings doesn't it? $46 M for him? a $26 M bid? Makes you wonder what they bid for Matsuzaka. Makes you wonder what the second lowest bid on Igawa was. $10 M?
I personally feel like it's a bad signing as well. He will be a back of the rotation guy at best. Hopefully Pavano could stay healthy, become our 4th starter, and take some of the pressure off Igawa. However, Pavano looks for ways to get injured so we'll have to wait and see.
  • 1 month later...

Just want to point out that Igawa DID look like the worst signing in the offseason, and Alex "Can't hit in the clutch" Rodriguez, hit in the clutch, (and then was promptly scorned by the New York media for his childish celebration, well I dont know about that but it wouldn't surprise me)

I love that everyone will be so quite about A-Rod the moment he's amazing. Hope he keeps it up.What the hell is going on with pitching?!?!?!PS. The Yankees are great team, a great dynasty, and unbelievably fun to be fans of. Anyone who hates is obviously jealous and just refuses to appreciate the preceeding.

I love that everyone will be so quite about A-Rod the moment he's amazing. Hope he keeps it up.What the hell is going on with pitching?!?!?!PS. The Yankees are great team, a great dynasty, and unbelievably fun to be fans of. Anyone who hates is obviously jealous and just refuses to appreciate the preceeding.
About Alex Rodriguez,For years he has been listed as 194 to 200 lbs and he looked like he possessed a similar build to Jeter. This season he is listed at 225 and he looks it. WTF? Did he just PUMP and eat all off season.Here is an old Picture of the two.Alex-Rodriguez-Derek-Jeter---VerticalPinstripes-Photofile-Photograph-C10123904.jpegHe looks like a Hulk now.6707204_18_1.jpgNow he is hitting homers like it is BP?
About Alex Rodriguez,For years he has been listed as 194 to 200 lbs and he looked like he possessed a similar build to Jeter. This season he is listed at 225 and he looks it. WTF? Did he just PUMP and eat all off season.Here is an old Picture of the two.Alex-Rodriguez-Derek-Jeter---VerticalPinstripes-Photofile-Photograph-C10123904.jpegHe looks like a Hulk now.6707204_18_1.jpgNow he is hitting homers like it is BP?
Are you serious?? I have heard reports that he LOST weight this offseason and that his swing is more fluid with reduced upper body muscle mass.
Are you serious?? I have heard reports that he LOST weight this offseason and that his swing is more fluid with reduced upper body muscle mass.
Looking at him, I don't see him being slimmer. He was listed as 205 last year and he is listed as 225 this year. I'm not accusing him of taking anything illegal but he just appears bigger to me. We all know that if a good hitter adds size and power he will increase his home run ratio. Looks Like A Rod has done this. I've often wondered what kind of player Giffy would have been if he took his work out regiment seriously. I remember him appearing on Letterman back in the day to promote the NES KEN GRIFFY'S baseball and saying "I watch aerobics on the off season". I think he may hit 80 plus homers this year. legit. Griffy took McGwire on a few home run record chases and we all know who was legit in that match up. I think this is a story Baseball needs; a good talented natural player proving that things like this can happen. Lord knows we're going to hear enough about Bonds an cheating as he approaches and passes the record. People can sit back and tell themselves that Alex Rodriguez has a chance to take the record down, eventually.
Looking at him, I don't see him being slimmer. He was listed as 205 last year and he is listed as 225 this year. I'm not accusing him of taking anything illegal but he just appears bigger to me. We all know that if a good hitter adds size and power he will increase his home run ratio. Looks Like A Rod has done this. I've often wondered what kind of player Giffy would have been if he took his work out regiment seriously. I remember him appearing on Letterman back in the day to promote the NES KEN GRIFFY'S baseball and saying "I watch aerobics on the off season". I think he may hit 80 plus homers this year. legit. Griffy took McGwire on a few home run record chases and we all know who was legit in that match up. I think this is a story Baseball needs; a good talented natural player proving that things like this can happen. Lord knows we're going to hear enough about Bonds an cheating as he approaches and passes the record. People can sit back and tell themselves that Alex Rodriguez has a chance to take the record down, eventually.
From what I have heard is that he dropped some weight to be able to market himself at Shortstop next offseason and to get more fluid with his swing.
whoa this can not be an official thread, yanks suck, boston is about to sweep them. Sox > Yanks obvvv... delete thread please
The Red Sox wouldn't look that great either if Schilling, Matsuzaka, and Wakefield were all on the DL. We'll see how good the Sox look when they don't have their pitching lined up in the Stadium this weekend. Wang and Matsui should be back, helping the Yanks give a fairer fight.
whoa this can not be an official thread, yanks suck, boston is about to sweep them. Sox > Yanks obvvv... delete thread please
Ha!! Hysterical. Obviously the Yanks suck when BOS faced two rookies and barely won having to come form behind and perform all types of miracles to win. SWNice series though. Good wins. You'll need 'em down the stretch. It'll make it more exciting later.

First off, I'm a Boston fan, but I'm not here to hate, I can respect the thread for what it is.Yeah it was a sweep but it's only APRIL. What surprised me (kinda) was the bullpen for the Yanks. I know they came into the series leading a few categories as ERA and appearances (yuck) but they imploded at times, was it due to the work load so far? They are being overworked and are on pace for a gaudy amount of innings, obviously with Mussina and others coming back that will only help, what do you think the chances are of Clemens coming back for the Yankees? Any concerns on how Rivera has looked so far?

From a blog at Boston.com, some of them are kinda funny. Bolded my favorite. Knowing that Yankees fans -- the undignified ones, anyway, who take these games waaaay too seriously -- will still pump their chests despite this sweep, here is their official list of excuses as to why this sweep doesn't matter. These were all approved by George Steinbrenner and the Bleacher Creatures, the ones who can spell, anyway.1. It's only April.2. At least it wasn't a five-game sweep at Yankee Stadium.3. Arod had dirt in his eye during that last at bat and would've hit a home run instead of grounding to to Lowell.4. We have 26 WS titles and you have six.5. You have the second-highest payroll compared to us and you still almost lost all three games to us.6. Unlike the Red Sox team that got swept in August last year, our team was riddled with injuries to our pitching staff and our starting catcher was hurt -- um, scratch that last one.7. Your Japanese pitcher, for all the money you're paying him, should pitch a perfect game every time out and not give up six runs to the highest-payroll team in the majors. He sucks. We have Chase Wright and you don't.8. Mom, can you do my laundry tonight? Even though I'm living in your basement and I'm 35, this Yankee loss has confused and frightened me and I don't know how to work the washing machine.9. Have we 26 have and WS six titles you.10. Andy Pettitte was the best of all the pitchers on both teams this weekend. I'd rather have him for one year than Dice-K for six.11. Boy, it's no fun looking straight up an Oriole's anus.12. You just wait until we get Carl Pavano back! We'll show you. Wait, sorry, he has a hangnail and will be out until after the All Star Break.13. It's only May.14. Mariano Rivera deserved a do-over the other night. You know it. I know it. He deserved another 10 warm-up pitches and a backrub from Matsui's translator, and the stupid Red Sox and umpires said all that was against the "rules." That's crap. We'll let Paplebon have a do-over next week if the Yankees start hitting him. You suck.15. Is it me, or does Andy Pettitte sound just like Huckleberry Hound?16. We're taking off Cano's #22 as we speak and preparing it for a certain Texan who'll make up his mind about pitching in September instead of actually being part of a team.17. Pedroia cheated.18. Lowell cheated.19. Arod didn't cheat hard enough.20. Mom, is my laundry done yet?