Please No.....

Republican winner Mike Huckabee........a former Arkansas governor and ordained Baptist minister. My Republican friend tells me he has no chance of getting the nomination but I am skeptical. How does online poker run so bad?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a republican wins this election I'll probably move to Canada. No SW.
I already told my friend since we always discuss politics that if Huckabee wins I will put serious consideration into moving for 4 years. The only viable Republican candidate IMO should be McCain who I could live with but man, this really has me worried. The religious right has so much power and they don't want McCain.
If a republican wins this election I'll probably move to Canada. No SW.
No worries, 2008 is a Democratic year.
No worries, 2008 is a Democratic year.
Agreed.
I think you guys are a little too confident here. I honestly don't feel like any of the Dem candidates have a great shot. Sucks to say but I think its true.

Any Republican has no chance this year. I hope above all hopes the Republicans nominate Huckabee - it will just make it that much easier for the Democrats.If Huckabee wins the Republican nomination, he's not even winning his home state, or even his home town. He'll be lucky to get 50 electoral votes in the general election, honestly.

LOL that your hopes are on Hillary Clinton.Hillary, the wife of a mediocre presidentThat's what your hopes are on?Here's a little hope for you. The President isn't that big of a deal, the congress is.Besides Bush already stacked the courts, so the Bush legacy will extend through most of your lives....Hillary...too much...

Is Ross Perot still alive?
He was the only reason Clinton #1 got elected both times, maybe they can bring him back to help Hillary
He was the only reason Clinton #1 got elected both times, maybe they can bring him back to help Hillary
Quick derail. Have you and DN had your $600 phone call yet?
Any Republican has no chance this year. I hope above all hopes the Republicans nominate Huckabee - it will just make it that much easier for the Democrats.If Huckabee wins the Republican nomination, he's not even winning his home state, or even his home town. He'll be lucky to get 50 electoral votes in the general election, honestly.
I'm not a Huckabee fan but I must say you are dead wrong here. If he wins the nomination I'd say he's 50/50 to TID vs any Dem.Also, there is one REPUBLICAN that will save online poker...his name is Ron Paul.
I understand no one is giving him a chance.....but how the **** did he build up so much steam so quickly? The religious right is the most powerful movement in this country.
Quick derail. Have you and DN had your $600 phone call yet?
Quick derail response.It was $1250and noBut to be honest I have been so busy that I'm glad he hasn't called. When I get free time I plan on deluging him to remind him, until then it's not really a big deal to me.I mean, come on, what's Daniel Negreanu got to teach ME about poker?
I think you guys are a little too confident here. I honestly don't feel like any of the Dem candidates have a great shot. Sucks to say but I think its true.
It only appears that way because they're taking votes from each other right now. Just wait till there is only one of them, and they're looking across at Huckabee. It won't be too close I don't think.
I understand no one is giving him a chance.....but how the **** did he build up so much steam so quickly? The religious right is the most powerful movement in this country.
Yes, yes we are.Except for that prayer in school thing, oh and gay marriage seems to be getting slipped in the backdoor ( ? ), and we can't seem to get anywhere with getting abortions illegal, yea and the whole letting TV's broadcast nudityand foul language over public airways.But other than that, we are incomplete control of everything
It only appears that way because they're taking votes from each other right now. Just wait till there is only one of them, and they're looking across at Huckabee. It won't be too close I don't think.
I agree, looks like an easy Huckabee win
Yes, yes we are.Except for that prayer in school thing, oh and gay marriage seems to be getting slipped in the backdoor ( ? ), and we can't seem to get anywhere with getting abortions illegal, yea and the whole letting TV's broadcast nudityand foul language over public airways.But other than that, we are incomplete control of everything
I didn't say they are completely successful in getting everything they want shoved through but come on, you think I am wrong? Then what is it?Edit: The fact that McCain isn't a slam dunk Republican nominee tells you exactly how powerful the religious right is.
I agree, looks like an easy Huckabee win
2 questions:If you could pick one of the Republicans, who would you want as President?Who do you think has the best shot at actually winning?
Sigh........and that is why the Republicans kick Democrats ass at getting their people out to vote. One thing I will say about Republicans is that they are not complacent.
I didn't say they are completely successful in getting everything they want shoved through but come on, you think I am wrong? Then what is it?Edit: The fact that McCain isn't a slam dunk Republican nominee tells you exactly how powerful the religious right is.
With your knowledge of republicans I'm surprised they don't force you out of Orange County.The republican party has not liked McCain for years, he will never make the Pres slot, never. He sucked up to the dems, is against real immigration reform, passed McCain/Feingold, a disaster of a piece of legislation, etc.Only his war record gives him any credibility at all.Huckabee is a guy that took advatage of a very weak field. But Iowa is 95% irrelevant. That's why Rudy ignored it. Only the media makes it a big deal because they sell.........advertising space. Super Tuesday is immportant.I will be voting for Obama