Pokerstars is offering a very sick exchange rate right now. It's 1CAD=.9538USDMy advice is to cashout a lot...I cashed my entire balance out from PS as I don't play their anymore anyways...I was just waiting for a time like this so I could cash out..anyways, thought some ppl might appreciate this heads up...I'd cash out because my brother's computer has the very current CAD and USD relationships and it's ~1CAD=.98USD...So it's going to go down a little so you have to do it fastGabe

According to your exchange rate if I cash out 300 American from pokerstars that is only 300(.9538) = 286.14 Canadian Why would one want to cash out?
Because based on forecasts the value of the dollar is likely to keep falling :club:
According to your exchange rate if I cash out 300 American from pokerstars that is only 300(.9538) = 286.14 Canadian Why would one want to cash out?
No, it means if you cash out $300 american, you would get $300/0.9538 = $314.53. So it's good as the value of the dollar per the exchange rate listing would get you less money.
wrong math...1 cad = .9538 USso, if you have 300 US you will have more cad...you need to divide by .9538300/.9538= 314.53

Canadians have horns.Canadians eat their babies. Canadians insist on putting -u-'s in places they don't belong.Canadians make love to their mothers.Canadians like to wear a maple leaf flag on their persons while traveling abroad making them gay. Yeah, I said it.

Reading this I jsut thought of a scam to get some free air miles on my credit card. Just buy chips on a site wait the necessary withdrwal period and cashout. Then just pay your credit card off with the withdrwal cheuqe. I know I am probally missing something here but would this work?

Canadians have horns.Canadians eat their babies. Canadians insist on putting -u-'s in places they don't belong.Canadians make love to their mothers.Canadians like to wear a maple leaf flag on their persons while traveling abroad making them gay. Yeah, I said it.
Yea all true but we control 95% of the worlds maple syrup supply. Your countrys economy will collapse within a week if it wasnt for are syrup. You guys just think you run the world but when you got to use corn syrup on your pancakes youll bow down to your true master.

Exactly. OP has it backwards, we want the Cdn dollar to weaken (unless you deposited very recently). I deposited back in April and I've lost about 25% of my bankroll (in Cdn funds) on the exchange rate alone. The weaker the Cdn dollar gets, the more of that lost $ I get back.

Canadians insist on putting -u-'s in places they don't belong.
Thats the whole of the English speaking world you are talking about there, apart from America who has dumbed down spelling and the English langauge for themselves.

I cashed out 320 American on Pokerstars 2 weeks ago and got my check today. It is 314.00 Canadian...Maybe I am not getting this but we want the American dollar to be worth more than the Canadian dollar before we cash out so we get more Canadian monies on the check........

Thats the whole of the English speaking world you are talking about there, apart from America who has dumbed down spelling and the English langauge for themselves.
If by taking out the silly -u-'s from the english language means no longer being England's bitch, then yes, we've dumbed it down.
wrong math...1 cad = .9538 USso, if you have 300 US you will have more cad...you need to divide by .9538300/.9538= 314.53
No your math is brutal!!! The Canadian dollar is stronger than the USD so therefore $1 CDN will get you 1.05 US and vice versa $1.05 US will get you $1 CDN. Wake up and get out the abacus.So buddy had it right. Why would you want to cash out? Zero value in cashing out. The USD is bound to bounce back eventually.So to summarize..... <$300 USD will get you >$300 CDN
I cashed out 320 American on Pokerstars 2 weeks ago and got my check today. It is 314.00 Canadian...Maybe I am not getting this but we want the American dollar to be worth more than the Canadian dollar before we cash out so we get more Canadian monies on the check........
It all depends on when you made your deposit. If you made a deposit recently when the Cdn$ was at par with the US$ and the Cdn$ starts to weaken, you'll actually lose money. For example, at par $100 Cdn gets me $100 US on Pokerstars. If the Cdn$ weakens, that means I'll get less than $100Cdn when I cash out.However, in April I deposited $200Cdn and it got me about $173 US. If I were to cash out that same $173US today, it would only get me slightly more than $173Cdn. In other words, I've lost money on the strength of the Cdn$.People who deposited recently don't want to see the Cdn$ drop. Those who deposited before the rise of the $Cdn would prefer to see it come back down.

I say dont withdrawl... deposit!!! The american dollar is bound to bounce back i say buy a couple grand u.s so when the us dollar rebounds you will make good on your investment!!BUY BUY BUY!!