Going into the final day strategies.

I'm currently involved in a $120+40 dollar live tourney. We started with 1k in chips, and right now, I'm at 25.5k with the blinds starting out at 1k-2k. I don't know about the other people's stacks, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the middle stacks. I know the leader has about 41k and the shortest short stack has about 5k. Anyways, I don't know how to approach the final day. The final day is 20 people, with only 8 getting money. The tables I've been at have been really weak-tight-passive so far, so raising pre-flop with Q-9 suited UTG has picked me up some easy blinds. My strategy of right now is just to sit back, and try to win a pot and/or steal blinds and just watch the other's go at it, but that'll leave me in a bad spot when the blinds up to 1.5k-3k in a half an hour. First place is 10kSecond around 6kand 3-8 decend from there. (I'm not too sure about the payouts)Any comments or suggestions about this situation would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

You might be in a bad position. You want to have a big stack coming into the final table. I don't want to tell you any advice because you might try something new at the wrong time and ruin your chances at a good pay out. so....Personally, I would do like you say and pick up blinds and small pots. But if you pick up a monster, try to get all your chips in. I don't necissarly mean go all in pre-flop, just try to get every damn chip in when you have the best of it. You need to double up here. It's going to be hard to coast into the final table with that short of a stack. You may be able to, according to how the others play, but you best bet would be to double up. This is just my opinion, it's risky to try and double up, but you have to take some risks to win the tournament. You did good and played tight/aggresive until late in the tourny. Now it's time to take some risks and get yourself a good advantage over your other players or go bust. Wait! If you're not in the money yet, you might want to try to take advantage of the bubble period, just before the money. Be aggressive and start picking up pots and blinds, noone will want to play back unless they have the goods. So, if you're played back at give it up. In the mean time, be aggressive. Once you're into the money, if you have a good stack, you can sit back and switch gears every once in a while, but if you have a short stack, it's time to double up.Hope I didn't confuse you. its just my opinion, you dont have to follow it.