Flopped A Straight, Straight-flush Draw

Hey, guys. The question is about the flop and turn plays. Any input is welcome.Live, four-handed. Blinds 0.5/1, NL. Last hand of the session.UTG is a solid player with a strong post-flop game. Has around 1,200$.Hero is on the Button. Was the biggest stack, lost twice in a row huge pots (both times flopped set over set). Has 321$.SB is a smart manic. A tilting manic, for he lost almost all of his chips (sitting with 35$) in the past 1/2 an hour to the BB. BB is kind of a weak player, ready to go broke with a medium pair. Sucked out every time he won a pot against SB. Has around 700$ in front of him.Pre-flop.UTG calls 1$Hero QhJh raises to 4$SB raises to 12$BB calls 12$UTG foldsHero calls---------------------------Flop8s10h9hSB moves all-in (23$)BB raises to 46$Hero raises to 120$BB calls---------------------------Turn7hBB bets 60$Hero?

Against a player who'll go broke light I'd go 150 on the flop.Turns really interesting. He flat called you and is a loose weak donk, thats a bad combo for a8 or ak showing up.Still, it's a small blocker donk bet and I guess I'm going over the top here unless I've got a read from him that says otherwise.

If you trust your read, i would shove here. Your sitting on a queen high flush, and you said he could go broke light. He isnt even at risk, so he is even more likely to call you light. This would be a crazy laydown against a guy like this.

280 in the pot by the turn, villain bets 60, we raise all-in. We've got the 3rd nuts and an open ended redraw to the absolute nuts. "BB is kind of a weak player, ready to go broke with a medium pair"Shove and let him go broke.

You need to Hellmuth your chips into the pot....hardcore. Please tell me you did so.Edit: And did I really read that UTG has $1,200 in front of him? In a $.5/1 game? Hello deep stack.

Ok, ok, he's a little better than that but not much better.Back to the point.So, nobody thinks we're folding here, right? Clearly, flat calling is not an option. His call on the flop was disturbing, but that 60$ bet on the turn looked like a cheap try to see the river. Can we put him on a Ahx, or even two pair for that matter? Thinking that he might have a set on the flop is a stretch to me, because he would've re-raise SB pre-flop with anything like pocket 8's, and I vividly see him shoving on the flop after my raise. Had he have Axh he'd bet 120-150$, a bet around a 100$ is the scariest one. But 60$?Edit. @AndyZ28. Half of it was MY money. You build a stack in a couple of hours, then you lose it in a back to back hands. And, btw 1/3 of BB is my chips as well. Both times lost with set over set (first we flopped it, second -suck out on the river). bet-raise-all-in-call on the flop. Sh*t happens, although I was steaming after the second one.

We're not folding here. 3rd nuts in a relatively big pot (compared to stack sizes) with a redraw vs a mediocre to bad opponent. If you really concerned if villain is showing up with the Ace high flush you could always call down, but villain is also likely to be betting lower flushes and chasing with the A hearts that you might want him to get his chips in when we're more likely to be ahead.I ended up having a live pot where I was reasonably sure villain smooth called me with AA when I had Kings and played a somewhat small pot because I had a good read, we were playing deep, he feared me having a set and putting him all in based on previous plays I've made (I lost $135 @ 1-2 with KK<AA, we each had ~800 in front of us and I've check shoved with the nuts before so when I checked on a potentially scary river he checked behind with his Aces) - but really this is like the 5% I play Kings passively without an Ace on the flop. Do you have a really good read villain has the nuts? Has he led small into you with the nuts before? Will he be scared of chasing you off and let you see showdown without getting full stacks in? Conversely, would he lead small without the nuts and would he call all in with just the Ah/Kh? Does he get stacked with a lower flush here? Is there a possibility he goes broke with just the straight or top pair, etc?

I, really, didn't think he has an A-high flush. Knowing him he'd check or bet 1/2 the pot. As I posted, if he bets precisely 100$ on the turn, I would strongly consider folding. Calling down is not an option. If he has what we think he has (Ahx, two pair), no way I'm letting him see the river that cheap. He showed the ability to fold turn/river to the big raises before, so we have a FE. And of course he would lead with the lower flush here. Remember, he might think that we don't have hearts and the turn scared us as well.Having an open-ended straight-flush draw, I shoved...Ok, my thoughts through the hand. It's last hand so, people want to preserve what they won. SB is an exception. I knew he's tilting and wants a part of his money back. Easy prediction on him building some kind of a pot PF and moving on the flop. After BB called his re-raise, the pot is offering me 3to1. An obvious call. I don't mind to throw my hand away if I don't hit. Min-Raise by the BB on the flop looks like a weak "isolation". I guess, me re-raising to 120$ and not 150$ was the difference maker, although BB said later that if he called 120, he was going to call 150 as well.So, the problem is not big enough flop re-raise? From your responses, I can see no objection about my play on the turn.------------------------The outcome (in white).After agonizing for several minutes, BB says: "Only because it's a last hand, I'm calling. Show me your A-high Flush." And flips over Kh8h, the killer hand. I'm drawing dead, and the Jd on the river makes no difference.------------------------Next time we're playing this hand the same way (with the 150$ re-raise on the flop), right? Right?

Ouch. It happens man. You did the right thing though. There's no way I would have folded a Q high flush with OESFD with one card to go.Villain's reasoning for calling is simply idiotic. "Only because it's the last hand I'm calling.." Haha. I can see calling a big raise PF because it's the last hand, but calling down a hand when you think the other guy has the better flush for this reason is dumb. I hope you play with this guy every week.

I do play with this guy every week, sometimes twice a week. And as long as he's not very lucky that day, he's done within a couple of hours, after reloading 2-4 times.My concern was about MY play.Happy to see I'm not the only one going broke with this hand.----------------------------------------------------------------------P.S. I couldn't possibly put him on that hand. Thoughts were Ahx (not Ahxh, because of his betting), Kh10x or something like 10x9x.Does anybody see him having Kh8h here?

I don't know that I play it much different. The only thing is that at the turn, we have two outs in the deck and the third nut flush. With one pull to come, it's OK to slow down, IMHO. I need to go back and look at stacks again to say more.OK, so you went from over $1200 to zero in three hands. Nice work. Usually takes me 30 minutes.

I don't know that I play it much different. The only thing is that at the turn, we have two outs in the deck and the third nut flush. With one pull to come, it's OK to slow down, IMHO. I need to go back and look at stacks again to say more.OK, so you went from over $1200 to zero in three hands. Nice work. Usually takes me 30 minutes.
"Nice work" - Rub it in :club: I can't complain about first two losses. Set over set (1 to 100 probability), I'm taking my chances. The bad thing is that happened back to back. Both times with the 8's. After the second, I went down to a mere 25$ and (yeah, bragging) fought my way back to 320$. Never had over $1,200, around a $1,000, but it's a small difference. I guess, I should've slow down on the turn, especially after his call on the flop. But I, completely, misread his hand.