Villian is new to the table. This is his second hand. No reads really. My image to the rest of the table is ultra LAG as i'm ready to leave but not going out without a bang. Villian has roughly $175. I have around $230.My cards are 6,4 hh.Preflop: Villian limps UTG +1, one limper, Hero raises to $15, blinds fold, Villian calls $15, one fold.Flop: Qs,7c,7h rainbowVillian bets $15, Hero calls $15.Turn: 5hVillian checks, Hero checks.River: AxVillian bets $15. Hero says something like "Well i don't think you have that Ace" and raises to $75.Normally i'm not good at table talk, but i thought i'd try it this time. What do we think? I really think that Villian's line on the river is very weak tight, so thats why i thought i'd represent Aces up.

For God's sake please bet the turn. If you could've rummaged through the deck and picked out any card, you'd pick out the 5h. Now bet it since I'm almost certain you didn't call on the flop because you thought that 6 high was the best hand. Now you have some outs and should be firing the turn 1100% of the time.Also, just fold the flop.

For God's sake please bet the turn. If you could've rummaged through the deck and picked out any card, you'd pick out the 5h. Now bet it since I'm almost certain you didn't call on the flop because you thought that 6 high was the best hand. Now you have some outs and should be firing the turn 1100% of the time.Also, just fold the flop.
LOL you picked this out of my brain and used it as your own. / end thread.

7.5x preflop? Do not fall into the standard 1/2 raising patterns. Make normal raises. Anything more than 12 is excessive, especially with speculative hands.Fold the flop. Bet the turn. Then the river is irrelevant.

7.5x preflop? Do not fall into the standard 1/2 raising patterns. Make normal raises. Anything more than 12 is excessive, especially with speculative hands.Fold the flop. Bet the turn. Then the river is irrelevant.
Even with two limpers?Why does everyone want to fold this flop? We're repping a significant hand with our preflop action and the flop isn't very scary. The range that limp/calls preflop then leads this flop is pretty big, is it not? In reality, we are ahead of nothing but we aren't playing our hand, right? Aren't we playing our opponent and the board texture?I completely agree with betting the turn.
Why does everyone want to fold this flop? We're repping a significant hand with our preflop action and the flop isn't very scary. The range that limp/calls preflop then leads this flop is pretty big, is it not? In reality, we are ahead of nothing but we aren't playing our hand, right? Aren't we playing our opponent and the board texture?
We have 6 high. The board is uncoordinated and paired and we have an opponent leading into us. He likely has Qx or 7x, since that's what he's representing. He could be the biggest calling station in the world, or he could be the biggest tricky aggro maniac, but we know nothing about him. So, we have a hand with basically zero equity in this pot and we're going to call to set up a bluff against an unfamiliar opponent who might be super tight and leading into us with trips that he'll never fold.If you're going to play your opponent's hand, you'd better know how he's gonna play his hand 1st. Fold the flop.

Let me ask the question this way, is there a flop that completely misses us (like this one, no fd or straight draw) that we don't fold if bet into? And I disagree that it is "likely" the villain has a Q or 7. I think 88, 99 or a wider group of pp can play this line. The villain is unfamiliar to us and the converse it true as well so our hand looks nothing like what we truly have. If you are going to run a bluff, you can't raise preflop and just shut down on this flop, can you? No straight or fd so a call looks like either a pp, floating AK or AQ which hit us.Edit: Whether to run a bluff like this at all is a different question. I fold this preflop 90+% of the time.

Even with two limpers?Why does everyone want to fold this flop? We're repping a significant hand with our preflop action and the flop isn't very scary. The range that limp/calls preflop then leads this flop is pretty big, is it not? In reality, we are ahead of nothing but we aren't playing our hand, right? Aren't we playing our opponent and the board texture?I completely agree with betting the turn.
I took "Villain limps, one limper, Hero raises" meant there was one limper, not two. Even with two limpers, I think I still make it 12 and no more than that. 4x+1x for each limper live, and 3.5x+1 for each limper online?
Let me ask the question this way, is there a flop that completely misses us (like this one, no fd or straight draw) that we don't fold if bet into? And I disagree that it is "likely" the villain has a Q or 7. I think 88, 99 or a wider group of pp can play this line. The villain is unfamiliar to us and the converse it true as well so our hand looks nothing like what we truly have. If you are going to run a bluff, you can't raise preflop and just shut down on this flop, can you? No straight or fd so a call looks like either a pp, floating AK or AQ which hit us.Edit: Whether to run a bluff like this at all is a different question. I fold this preflop 90+% of the time.
1. This is Qx or 7x way more than it's one of the few combinations of hands like 88 or 99 that didn't actually connect with the board.2. Just because we raised preflop to try and pick up the pot doesn't mean that we can't just fold on the flop. One thing really has nothing to do with the other.
1. This is Qx or 7x way more than it's one of the few combinations of hands like 88 or 99 that didn't actually connect with the board.2. Just because we raised preflop to try and pick up the pot doesn't mean that we can't just fold on the flop. One thing really has nothing to do with the other.
of course it does. if you raise preflop you're pot committed

Yea, if I bet the turn, say around $30 or so, it would have made any river bluff much much more credible.In this case, after i made it $75, the Villian took a long 2 minutes to decide what to do. He finally called very hesitantly and showed AQ. WTF! It took him that long to make that call, i didnt understand it. Yes, i agree i should bet the turn but i felt he had the Queen and was slowplaying so i checked behind. Of course i floated the flop because i was intending to attempt to take it away later, hence the river raise.

Yea, if I bet the turn, say around $30 or so, it would have made any river bluff much much more credible.In this case, after i made it $75, the Villian took a long 2 minutes to decide what to do. He finally called very hesitantly and showed AQ. WTF! It took him that long to make that call, i didnt understand it. Yes, i agree i should bet the turn but i felt he had the Queen and was slowplaying so i checked behind. Of course i floated the flop because i was intending to attempt to take it away later, hence the river raise.
Raise preflop + Bet flop + Check Turn + Bluff river = get called