making a living with online poker

Technically wrong forum, I know, but please give me a break, i'd like a decent discussion on the matter formed in less than 3 months.Probably lots of threads on this subject but I doubt on this specific object.So i'm thinking of taking up poker as a professional matter on the internet but I'm not sure what I should play. I only know that I want it to be in tournament format. I could play multiple small stake S&Gs (5/10/20 maybe $30) at once, where its easier to get into the money or I could play a few higher stake S&Gs (100,200 $500) which are harder to get into the money with but would take less time.What are peoples views on this?

why not do what you prefer?
LOL, indeed, but thats the thing; I'm impartial to both.
do both - at different times
Haha, good point. I never thought of that : :roll:
I say put it all on black.
Roulette makes me want to cut myself (if thats what you are referring to). My old man lost a hell of a lot of money playing that.Yes, I am perfectly aware you are not being serious.
Technically wrong forum, I know, but please give me a break, i'd like a decent discussion on the matter formed in less than 3 months.Probably lots of threads on this subject but I doubt on this specific object.So i'm thinking of taking up poker as a professional matter on the internet but I'm not sure what I should play. I only know that I want it to be in tournament format. I could play multiple small stake S&Gs (5/10/20 maybe $30) at once, where its easier to get into the money or I could play a few higher stake S&Gs (100,200 $500) which are harder to get into the money with but would take less time.What are peoples views on this?
If this is a serious question you shouldn't even be considering turning "pro"
I see people playing 10+ low buy-in S&Gs at once to make a living and some people win/place well in about 6 high buy ins to make a living. I'm more interested in why people go for one or the other.
I could play multiple small stake S&Gs (5/10/20 maybe $30) at once, where its easier to get into the money or I could play a few higher stake S&Gs (100,200 $500) which are harder to get into the money with but would take less time.What are peoples views on this?
Sounds like you have a firm business plan. Good Luck.

So i'm thinking of taking up poker as a professional matter on the internet but I'm not sure what I should play. I only know that I want it to be in tournament format. I could play multiple small stake S&Gs (5/10/20 maybe $30) at once, where its easier to get into the money or I could play a few higher stake S&Gs (100,200 $500) which are harder to get into the money with but would take less time.What are peoples views on this?That you'll go broke fairly quickly.good luck.

I see people playing 10+ low buy-in S&Gs at once to make a living and some people win/place well in about 6 high buy ins to make a living. I'm more interested in why people go for one or the other.
Yes, they probably have thousands of SNG's to look through and determine at what level and how many tables give them the best EV.

I'll be nice. I'll assume you're already a good low-limit SNG player, and are trying to decide whether to multi-table or go up limits.Anyway, I'd say ideally, the easiest way to make money with S&Gs is to multi-table around the $50 level, but stick to only two or three at a time. That way, if you stagger them a little bit, you'll still be able to focus one you're down to 2 or 3 handed.If you're not a good SNG player though, (notice I said SNG not poker), this isn't going to get you very far. Basically, the trick with SNGs is to play very tight the first 4 rounds or so, and make sure you conserve your chip stack. Then, once the blinds are worth stealing, you can use your tight table image to take them whenever you're open with a playable hand.

Although playing S&G's is fun for a change of pace for me, I think that it will get old real quick after about 12 hours a day for a month. I like to mix it up some. I'd say roughly 80% of the time I play cash games, 15% on S&G's, and 5% on multitable tournaments. In your case, I might try some of both limits and amount of tables at once. Try 3 or 4 lower buy-in games then switch it up to 1 or 2 higher buy-ins. Whatever you can do to keep focused and not playing on auto-pilot. Good luck and I highly recommend the cash games too to mix it up with.

playing poker 10 hours a day when your home for christmas break does not qualify as "going pro" or even as an attempt. about your question, the difference between people play $30's and $2-500 sng's is insane. judging from the level of intelligence your post showed, i suggest you stay with $30's.

You are too terrible at poker to succeed. Here is an idea, why don't you hop into some of the games of the stakes required to make a living in, at LEAST 10/20 probably 25/50 and see if you can hack it.

Hey. I think if you improve a little more, then it would be great to multitable $100 or $200 sngs. I think that is the best way to play for a living, along with playing a few MTTs on the side (maybe).The most important thing to playing for a living is to have an adequete bankroll and to have good money management skills.Good luck.