Cowboys On Scary Board

$4.40 stakes. About 50 left at this point, top 15 pay, and I have a top 5 stack.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton (t7255)SB (t7520)BB (t3260)UTG (t5860)UTG+1 (t18300)MP1 (t4530)MP2 (t1600)MP3 (t2895)Hero (CO) (t10817)Hero's M: 36.06Preflop: Hero is CO with Kclub.gif, Kspade.gif1 fold, UTG+1 calls t200, 3 folds, Hero bets t600, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls t400Flop: (t1500) 6heart.gif, 4spade.gif, 3heart.gif(2 players)UTG+1 bets t600, Hero calls t600Turn: (t2700) Qheart.gif(2 players)UTG+1 bets t1600, Hero folds

could be one of the weakest lines ever. why are you just flatting flop? if you think he has a fd, why not raise. Since that, why are you just folding when it hits?! you can peal one

I took a weak line because it's such a good flop for a limp-calling hand. He could have a set, flush draw, combo flush+straight draw. I wasn't comfortable getting it in on that flop, and I didn't want to spew a good chunk of my stack by raising and folding to a shove, so I figured I would call with position and see what he did on the turn. When the turn brought the flush and he fired a decent-sized second bullet, I figured I had to be dead by that point.

In these Rush SnGs, you need to play your premium hands well. It is unlikely that the flop hit him in a big way, and you need to be raising hard on the flop. As played, call the turn. If a heart comes on the river, then its check/fold. Unless he makes a bet of about 4000 or more on the river, I'd be calling. In all likelihood, the big stack is trying to bully. The average is still about 5000 at this point so you can afford to see the river without too much worry.

raise fold flop imo. as everyone has said he probably has a flush, or maybe flopped the st8. i mean calling the flop is making this hand extremely hard to play.

In these Rush SnGs, you need to play your premium hands well. It is unlikely that the flop hit him in a big way, and you need to be raising hard on the flop. As played, call the turn. If a heart comes on the river, then its check/fold. Unless he makes a bet of about 4000 or more on the river, I'd be calling. In all likelihood, the big stack is trying to bully. The average is still about 5000 at this point so you can afford to see the river without too much worry.
I don't like this line at all. You want me to call off another 20% of my remaining stack on the turn and then possibly fold the river? Or call off half of what I have left if he bets a non-heart river?
For those of you advocating a flop raise, are you getting it in if he shoves or would you consider raise-folding the flop?
I get it in on the flop if I can. The only hands we don't want to see are 33, 44, 66, and some bizarre 57s. He's very much capable of taking this line with 55, 77-TT, Ahxh, some sort of straight draw, etc. If you raise and he jams, it's a snap call.According to stove, if we give him:33-TTAhXh (though realistically he likely doesn't have AK, AQ)Then you've got 60% equity. Get it in.
This is the easiest raise/call ever. You do realize he's stacking off with top pair, any draw, 55, 77-QQ, and some other weird shit.
Actually, I don't think he's stacking off with such a wide range. This guy is the bigstack in the tourney and we're no longer in the very early stages where donks stack off lightly. I can't see him risking more than half his stack when he's in such a healthy position without a fairly solid made hand or at least a good made hand+draw combo. If I raise the flop and he shoves, I would have a very hard time believing I'm in good shape against his range.
Actually, I don't think he's stacking off with such a wide range. This guy is the bigstack in the tourney and we're no longer in the very early stages where donks stack off lightly. I can't see him risking more than half his stack when he's in such a healthy position without a fairly solid made hand or at least a good made hand+draw combo. If I raise the flop and he shoves, I would have a very hard time believing I'm in good shape against his range.
You're in a 4.40, you're giving way too much credit to these people.

Possibly, but to be honest I don't find that kind of advice all that helpful. I'm trying to reason my way through the hand and all I'm getting in response is, "It's micro stakes, the players all suck and do stupid things."

I guess it depends on the history of the villian if there is any. Because he tried to limp in, I would definetly put him on small-med pocket pairs or some suited connectors.On the flop because he donks out, I would have to guess that the flop helped his hand somewhat, unless he always donks out on pots expecting most people to just fold. If he always donks then i would do a reraise expecting to take the pot. Based on him either having some small-med pocket pair or suited connectors this flop does hit his range based on a limp call.I would personally still do a raise probaby about 2.5x his donk bet. if he just flats then I would definetly be done with the hand on any heart or any other small-med card, I think broad way cards are safe as he would have raised those preflop and not limped in(unless history says otherwise). if he shoves then again i would fold that as well, it is either trips, or like you say an OESFD in which case we are way behind or at very best a coin flip, better spots to risk your entire stak than coin flip situations.Kosin Trouble

Possibly, but to be honest I don't find that kind of advice all that helpful. I'm trying to reason my way through the hand and all I'm getting in response is, "It's micro stakes, the players all suck and do stupid things."
No you're not. Please see my Stove post. If you disagree with that range, what range do you put him on?

WHY WHY WHY do people here never take advice from the better players. Jesus. We tell you that you took a weak line, b/c you did. You give him too much credit for a hand. You lost a lot of value.

WHY WHY WHY do people here never take advice from the better players. Jesus. We tell you that you took a weak line, b/c you did. You give him too much credit for a hand. You lost a lot of value.
I post hands here because I'm looking for advice. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with with specific responses. It also doesn't mean I'm not allowed to show frustration with responses that don't contain helpful advice. No matter how successful you are, I still expect a reasoned response to a question. I'm not interested in "Do X because I'm a good player and I said so." If X is the right move, I want to understand why. And no matter how good you are, I'm still entitled to disagree with you if I don't accept your reasoning.
No you're not. Please see my Stove post. If you disagree with that range, what range do you put him on?
You're right, you're one of the exceptions. Along with KT.If I raise the flop and he shoves, I'd probably narrow his range to sets, heart draws (including overcards), maybe hands like 55 (especially with a heart). I just don't see him committing his stack on this flop with weaker hands like 77-JJ or weak draws like gutters.
Do you need an explaination at why the sky is blue?
C'mon man. So you're saying that your poker advice is analogous so telling me the sky is blue? If I go to the doctor and he says "you have problem x, you need surgery," do I just say, "okay doc, whatever you say"? Absolutely not. I ask questions because I want to understand what the problem is, why he thinks surgery is necessary, what the other options are, and so on. I don't care if Phil Freakin Ivey himself tells me I should raise the flop - if he doesn't explain why, I'm going to ask. And if his reasoning doesn't make sense to me, I'm going to press him on it. Only when I'm convinced will I accept the advice.