interesting dn advantage (observational)

Watchin' the ME where Dan was sitting with Sammy when I noticed something very interesting:Does anyone notice that DN seems to get a lot of true information out of people he plays against? Think about it. He likes to chat at the table, admitt when he's being put to a decision, overall very playful. And at least to me it seems that this playful attitude at the table seems to get others to be honest with DN.I remember seeing it in many TV tourneys that DN played when I started to think about it. While most people are acting very serious and businesslike, getting absolute lies out of the other players, DN seems to get paid off for his kindness. Like in the hand w/ Sammy where it was his A3 (btm pair w/ flush draw) against AA, he talked himself into folding and afterwards Sammy admitted to not hitting the Q on the turn.For a guy like DN, who relies heavily on his ability to remember multiple hands with multiple players and adjust his play accordingly, this is a great advantage for him. While it doesn't happen all the time, I'd say he gets the truth out of his opponent much more often than other players.Agree? Disagree? Don't care? Just wanted to get my observation out there for others to chew on.

I feel inclined to agree with you on this. I was kind of amazed that Sammy voluntarily told the truth about his hands almost every single hand he was in against DN. Considering we have seen him lie before (2003 WSOP HU against Moneymaker...."I had 2 Queens...Queens in my hand". It's kind of shocking. I think you are right, DN's demeanor lends itself to this.My .02 cents.

definitely agree, from what ive seen on tv, he tries to come across kind, solid, and honest to the novices in particular. i dunno if it was him that said it but sumone once said how they talk a table, sending out signals metaphorically, in order to get information(tells,reads) back, like sonar. dn seems like that type of player