folding a str8 flush...lol

PokerStars Game #2831433539: Tournament #13733981, Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2005/10/18 - 01:42:38 (ET)Table '13733981 11' Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: HATS&BATS (2330 in chips) Seat 2: mbouzad (15335 in chips) Seat 3: conanthor (5835 in chips) Seat 4: rdsaltz (2030 in chips) Seat 5: d_bizzle22 (1840 in chips) Seat 6: FileError404 (4010 in chips) Seat 7: quadandhamm0 (4545 in chips) Seat 8: Wallkrawler (1460 in chips) Seat 9: iconsult (4810 in chips) conanthor: posts small blind 25rdsaltz: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to FileError404 [Ah Qh]d_bizzle22: folds FileError404: calls 50quadandhamm0: calls 50Wallkrawler: calls 50iconsult: folds HATS&BATS: folds mbouzad: calls 50conanthor: calls 25rdsaltz: checks *** FLOP *** [6h 8h Th]conanthor: checks rdsaltz: checks FileError404: checks quadandhamm0: checks Wallkrawler: bets 200mbouzad: folds conanthor: calls 200rdsaltz: folds FileError404: calls 200quadandhamm0: folds *** TURN *** [6h 8h Th] [9h]conanthor: checks FileError404: checks Wallkrawler: checks *** RIVER *** [6h 8h Th 9h] [7h]conanthor: bets 5585 and is all-inFileError404: folds Wallkrawler: folds conanthor collected 900 from potrdsaltz said, "wow"conanthor: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 900 | Rake 0 Board [6h 8h Th 9h 7h]Seat 1: HATS&BATS folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: mbouzad (button) folded on the FlopSeat 3: conanthor (small blind) collected (900)Seat 4: rdsaltz (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 5: d_bizzle22 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: FileError404 folded on the RiverSeat 7: quadandhamm0 folded on the FlopSeat 8: Wallkrawler folded on the RiverSeat 9: iconsult folded before Flop (didn't bet)Chippy Chippy Suck Nuts - CB

I'm trying to think of a worse way to play this hand but I'm having a hard time. I think it's quite possible every street is horribly misplayed.But yes, folding the river is correct, although it wouldn't be if you had played the hand halfway decent. If you would of played the hand right, there would be a big pot worth going for the split. As is, you have almost nothing in the middle worth fighting for..just fold.

I'm trying to think of a worse way to play this hand but I'm having a hard time.  I think it's quite possible every street is horribly misplayed.
And let me add; to the OP: bloody hell you suck. You did absolutely nothing right in this hand.

the way the board played out makes his flop play look alot worse than it really is. Slow playing the nut flush here isnt too bad (In some circumstances). If, say any 9 besides the 9 of hearts turns and some guy with JQ cant get away from hs straight he has just doubled up...

the way the board played out makes his flop play look alot worse than it really is. Slow playing the nut flush here isnt too bad (In some circumstances). If, say any 9 besides the 9 of hearts turns and some guy with JQ cant get away from hs straight he has just doubled up...
I guess you missed the fact that almost no chips went into the pot. How do you win a big hand if you never build the pot?
I guess you missed the fact that almost no chips went into the pot. How do you win a big hand if you never build the pot?
As i said, the way things panned out he didnt play the hand well, but we dont have hindsight in poker. Slowplaying the (almost...you have my stack with the 7 9 hearts) nutflush is not always a bad move..in this case it was, however there are going to be many situation where the turn or river gves someones a second best hand and he takes down a arge pot as opposed to a small one.We cant judge the play based on a sample size of one.
As i said, the way things panned out he didnt play the hand well, but we dont have hindsight in poker. Slowplaying the (almost...you have my stack with the 7 9 hearts) nutflush is not always a bad move..in this case it was, however there are going to be many situation where the turn or river gves someones a second best hand and he takes down a arge pot as opposed to a small one.We cant judge the play based on a sample size of one.
Slowplaying isn't bad, but this hand wasn't slow played it was played in a coma.edit: ooops :oops:
Slowplaying isn't bad, but this hand wasn't slow played it was played in a comma.
I know it's a typo. But it's still funny.

Probably the right move to fold, but you should have never been in that position. You have to learn to break away from the online, "slowplay until you die" mentality. Most of the time I bet at that flop or check raise and make it a lot to go (I consistently get calls making overly large bets with the nuts from ppl with draws). You are not getting another bet out of a decent player when you smooth call that flop - especially when another heart comes on the turn (unless you are beat).

when a read your line on this hand, I chuckled to myself. Yes, slow-playing the flop isn't -that- bad of a decision. That is, checking it, allowing someone else to bet (and in this case call), and then coming alive with a neat little check raise. Seems to be that the little pot you would win (or the huge pot if they decided to call) would be neat.And nice preflop raise. I'm not a fan of open-limping with AQ suited, even from UTG+1. Putting money in the pot = gooooood.

I wonder though. Had the guy who pushed all in on the river showed a J of hearts for the nut str8 flush, Would the OP still be an idiot. Nah he would just be broke. The guy bet 5400 chips into a pot of 900 with only 1 card in the deck to beat the board. Thats a big risk, i dont know, i might of called but im just putting myself in someone elses shoes. Im being nice today.

I wonder though. Had the guy who pushed all in on the river showed a J of hearts for the nut str8 flush, Would the OP still be an idiot. Nah he would just be broke. The guy bet 5400 chips into a pot of 900 with only 1 card in the deck to beat the board. Thats a big risk, i dont know, i might of called but im just putting myself in someone elses shoes. Im being nice today.
no., ur missing the point. he played the hand like a complete donk. not the river.
The all-in bettor if he has the J :club: made a perfect play. Lot's of Donkeys will risk their whole stacks to chop the 900 in the pot.But lower the damn boom on the turn dude. Checking the flop is fine. But the turn is where the hand ends.
I know i understand that. The idiot flopped the nut flush and didnt bet censored. He just sat there like there was something more important going in on life. Im just talking about the situation on the river. That seems like a tough spot.
Me, i think checking the flop is the least of his problems. MUST raise preflop IMHO. He got lucky and flopped very favourably, im ok with checking to try and induce a bet but must get a whole lot more aggresive after that i think.Just my 2 cents.
The all-in bettor if he has the J :club: made a perfect play. Lot's of Donkeys will risk their whole stacks to chop the 900 in the pot.But lower the damn boom on the turn dude. Checking the flop is fine. But the turn is where the hand ends.
I Agree Completely