omaha question

This concerns hi/lo:Three players including myself. At the river, I have the nut flush and the nut low which is A2357, with the 2 on the board and A3 in my hand.Should I have received the entire pot? The other two players also held nut lows, and they got some chips as well, neither player had more money than me. I thought the premise of a scoop was that if you had the nut high and nut low than you "scoop" the pot.

It doesn't matter whether you hold the high nuts, if anybody else also has the nut low they are entitled to portion of the nut lo half. So, they actually lost money on the hand, because you took the whole high half and all they got was a third of the low half. If you are heads up and your opponent takes the high and splits the low with you, it's called being quartered. Hope this helps

LOL. this guy is the reason that omaha 8ob is such a cash machine.
Oh, don't think I'm a fish just because I simply misunderstood one concept. You can find me on UB under the name SuperJon9000 killing the omaha games.
LOL. this guy is the reason that omaha 8ob is such a cash machine.
Oh, don't think I'm a fish just because I simply misunderstood one concept. You can find me on UB under the name SuperJon9000 killing the omaha games.
That is quite a simple concept in hi/lo. No offense, but I doubt you are quite the fantastic player that you claim to be.You have got to be much quicker at calculating more complicated odds in hi/lo. That is one of the challenges/benefits.
For example...Do you know when to lay down the nuts?
Which nuts are we talking about, high or low? You should never lay down the high nuts because you're guaranteed at least half the pot. You should lay down the nut low if you have a feeling that one or more players have the nut low as well.
Which nuts are we talking about, high or low? You should never lay down the high nuts because you're guaranteed at least half the pot. You should lay down the nut low if you have a feeling that one or more players have the nut low as well.
I don't play Omaha hi/low but why would you lay down the lo nuts? You're going to get money back, money that you wouldn't get back by folding. I might be way off though.
I don't play Omaha hi/low but why would you lay down the lo nuts? You're going to get money back, money that you wouldn't get back by folding. I might be way off though.
because if other players have the nut low as well, then you only receive a 1/4 of the pot, and you actually lose money.
because if other players have the nut low as well, then you only receive a 1/4 of the pot, and you actually lose money.
Oh, for some reason I was thinking after all betting was done and you muck because someone else shows the nut low.
There is a reason to lay down the nut high on the flop.Can anybody figure it out?Give a hand example.If not, I will post it in a bit.I just want cha to think.
If you have no outs to improve your hand and the board is coordinated, i.e. not a rainbow or there's a straight draw out there.If the board reads 10, 9, 3, 2 hearts and you hold 10 10 A 9, no hearts, be carefuuuuuuul.Edit: In this case, you do have 1 out, the last 10 in the deck.
There is a reason to lay down the nut high on the flop.Can anybody figure it out?Give a hand example.If not, I will post it in a bit.I just want cha to think.
If you have no outs to improve your hand and the board is coordinated, i.e. not a rainbow or there's a straight draw out there.If the board reads 10, 9, 3, 2 hearts and you hold 10 10 A 9, no hearts, be carefuuuuuuul.Edit: In this case, you do have 1 out, the last 10 in the deck.
Good example.There are also times to lay down a straight when you cannot draw the flush/low hand.
Good example.There are also times to lay down a straight when you cannot draw the flush/low hand.
Right. In my example, if I held 10 10 A 2, I'd call a pot sized bet if it wasn't 1/4 of my stack (trny strat) just to see if I could catch runner runner nut low. Or should I not chase the nut low with only one low card on the flop?
Right. In my example, if I held 10 10 A 2, I'd call a pot sized bet if it wasn't 1/4 of my stack (trny strat) just to see if I could catch runner runner nut low. Or should I not chase the nut low with only one low card on the flop?
What does the board read in you 10 10 A2 example?
What does the board read in you 10 10 A2 example?
Let's use the same board, 10 9 3, 2 hearts.
Oh, don't think I'm a fish just because I simply misunderstood one concept.
The one concept you don't understand is how the pot is split. If you are unsure how the money is won, and you are risking yours, you are a fish.