harrington making a strong run at bellagio.

Yup... I'll definitely be looking forward to that episode if he makes it. I don't think we've ever seen Harrington at a WPT Final Table.

I think Dan Harrington is one of the greatest tournament player alive. I also think that his book Harrington on Holdem is somewhat lost in the slew of poker books out their. It is one of the best books on tournament poker!
I'm in the middle of Volume 2 right now --- and i have to say, I agree... He does a great job, especially in this volume compared to the first... I'm sold on him from his back to back WSOP final tables alone, plus his ME victory.. and his books just prove him even moreso to be one of the best.
I think Dan Harrington is one of the greatest tournament player alive. I also think that his book Harrington on Holdem is somewhat lost in the slew of poker books out their. It is one of the best books on tournament poker!
I'm in the middle of Volume 2 right now --- and i have to say, I agree... He does a great job, especially in this volume compared to the first... I'm sold on him from his back to back WSOP final tables alone, plus his ME victory.. and his books just prove him even moreso to be one of the best.
do you really need to read them both? i was thinking of just picking up vol 2 with some of the player ponits i have on full tilt
do you really need to read them both? i was thinking of just picking up vol 2 with some of the player ponits i have on full tilt
Absolutely.You need both.In fact...volume one is more important.

It's all one book but Dan had so much info that they are in two separate volumes. I'd highly reccomend getting both. Even as an exclusive cash game player I've benefitted from Dan's approach(I'm pretty tight as well).If you do, you won't be dissappointed.

BTW...these books DO NOT teach you to play tight......There is alot of stuff in there to plug leaks in your LAG game.....It is for every style.
good, cause i dont play tight, lol. i guess ill have to pick them both up :-)

To get this thread back on track....Go dan! i think its better for poker if people like harrington, raymer, greenstein and DN get more time in the spotlight for great play rather than being loud and 'good tv'

Speaking of loud mouth's I wonder if Matusow has any sponsorship deals because of his outspoken personality. Sure worked for Hellmuth. Take it home Dan.
he dresses up in full tilt gear head to toe for fun.

Truth be told I don't watch alot of televised poker, mainly read about it and play. When people speak of hellmuth they usually coincide with his outrageous personality netting him sponsorships, I figured as much with Matusow but wasn't too clear if he had any sponsorships. He made it to the final table at the WSOP this year didn't he? Didn't notice the fult tilt gear.

Speaking of loud mouth's I wonder if Matusow has any sponsorship deals because of his outspoken personality. Sure worked for Hellmuth. Take it home Dan.
he dresses up in full tilt gear head to toe for fun.
i do the same, but they don't pay me :club:

pleaselisten to me, novice though i may be posting wise.... tell these guys who have to read books to be good to stop playing poker. they come on here asking where are the leaks blah dee blah blah blah and you all tell them to read another book...sometimes. i guess it comes down to how honest they are with themselves, but still, stop telling these guys to read a book so that they might become better mediocre players at poker, and start telling them to stop. i know its in our best interest not to, but seriously, if a book helps you that much you are either ahhhhtistic, or bad at poker, in which case, give up. i figured this was a sight for winning players, more-so than anyone else, and yet you guys keeping strollin alongside with these dudes, that since the logic of poker hasn't slapped them in the face, will never get it. it sounds maybe simplistic, but if you don't make money in your first two months of playing, stop. it doesn't matter how many books you read, how many books you tell them to read, they'll still be awful... so why keep plugging these books? selFISHly? i dunno. i think for many guys on the forum, judging by some of the ages, poker comes naturally. as much as it is random it is a pattern-based game, and some people don't have it. so stop telling them they do. i don't even remember the original post. i wish i did. i woul feel a lot more relevant. at any rate. stop perpetuating the myth.

pleaselisten to me, novice though i may be posting wise.... tell these guys who have to read books to be good to stop playing poker. they come on here asking where are the leaks blah dee blah blah blah and you all tell them to read another book...sometimes. i guess it comes down to how honest they are with themselves, but still, stop telling these guys to read a book so that they might become better mediocre players at poker, and start telling them to stop. i know its in our best interest not to, but seriously, if a book helps you that much you are either ahhhhtistic, or bad at poker, in which case, give up. i figured this was a sight for winning players, more-so than anyone else, and yet you guys keeping strollin alongside with these dudes, that since the logic of poker hasn't slapped them in the face, will never get it. it sounds maybe simplistic, but if you don't make money in your first two months of playing, stop. it doesn't matter how many books you read, how many books you tell them to read, they'll still be awful... so why keep plugging these books? selFISHly? i dunno. i think for many guys on the forum, judging by some of the ages, poker comes naturally. as much as it is random it is a pattern-based game, and some people don't have it. so stop telling them they do. i don't even remember the original post. i wish i did. i woul feel a lot more relevant. at any rate. stop perpetuating the myth.
wow. people usually locate their brains by the time they are able to use a computer.