• Please log in to reply
264549 replies to this topic

#264541 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,476 posts

Posted Today, 01:12 PM

Does it show as Brvy having the last post in he lobby but then the actual last post is bigD for anybody else?

Edit: and now it shows up. Weird. And thanks buddy. But all it is is having a decent looking resume and the fast pass of a recruiter forwarding it to the company. He hit me with like my dream job opening like an hour later so Iím really hoping that hiring manager will like my resume.

#264542 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,978 posts

Posted Today, 01:39 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about, Napa, but my guess is you're day drinking, so I support it
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#264543 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,432 posts

Posted Today, 02:33 PM

View PostNapa_Don, on 14 August 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Does it show as Brvy having the last post in he lobby but then the actual last post is bigD for anybody else?

Edit: and now it shows up. Weird. And thanks buddy. But all it is is having a decent looking resume and the fast pass of a recruiter forwarding it to the company. He hit me with like my dream job opening like an hour later so I'm really hoping that hiring manager will like my resume.
I forget, how difficult was your initial job search after wrapping up school? Someone needs to just punch me if I'm ever complaining about having trouble finding a job again.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#264544 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,476 posts

Posted Today, 02:51 PM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 14 August 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

I forget, how difficult was your initial job search after wrapping up school? Someone needs to just punch me if I'm ever complaining about having trouble finding a job again.

Well, it was difficult in that I didn't have any interest from any of the numerous accounting firms and other companies I applied to and only found my job as a result of a friend being an intern at the company and referring me, which gave me an automatic interview with HR. And then after an OK interview I got 100% on the aptitude test they gave me which pushed me over the other candidate. Fun fact, of my bosses and the other employees that took the test BC and I were the only people to get 100%.

And so, I had a job lined up a month or so before graduation, but it wasn't a great one and I didn't make much money. And then when I left for my next job I applied to maybe 30 places, and only heard anything from maybe 3, and then only got that job after talking my way into a yes after an original no.

But this last job was pretty easy, tbh. Applied to three places, didn't hear from one, and then got offers from the other two.

Here's to hoping this search goes as easy.

#264545 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,432 posts

Posted Today, 03:00 PM

That's tougher than I thought it would be for someone like you. I feel like kids these days have it easy.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#264546 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,476 posts

Posted Today, 03:08 PM

Well, I had an OK GPA in college but really terrible interview skills and it was still 2009-2010 when I started looking for my first real job. And then I had a better resume but still pretty bad interview skills and was trying to get into public accounting not straight out of college which is difficult.

Now, I'm better at interviewing and have a really good resume and it's a super great job market here for finance right now.

#264547 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,432 posts

Posted Today, 04:04 PM

It's just so much easier to be confident now that we know how incompetent and complacent everyone else is.

#264548 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,476 posts

Posted Today, 04:19 PM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 14 August 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

It's just so much easier to be confident now that we know how incompetent and complacent everyone else is.

Also this. And on top of it we're both actually pretty good at our jobs, and not just compared to other people. Objectively pretty good!

#264549 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,651 posts

Posted Today, 06:10 PM

Anybody know any good resume writing services? I think I should get mine looked at by a pro. Shit is getting ludicrous in my company and I need to be prepared to jump ship at a moment's notice.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#264550 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,209 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted Today, 07:00 PM

you dont have a podcast for that?
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google