Golden Nugget Uses Non-Union Labor!

• 3 weeks later...

SO NOW THEY can actually fire useless employees. bummer

Maybe they fire employees that have dedicated their lives to helping them with their business because those employees are getting older and have slowed some.

Maybe they fire employees that have dedicated their lives to helping them with their business because those employees are getting older and have slowed some.

there are laws protecting these types. I Am pro union in most cases, at one time they were not only needed but essential. just that most of the protections they gave, there are now laws for.

I am anti-union in almost all cases and think they are terrible for the country. I especially appreciate the OP letting me know where I should be taking my gambling dollars.

I have to admit, that rolling out a giant rat and parking it in front of a bunch of people trying to work is pretty ineffective. If that is all the ammo these unions have these days, maybe they should die off. Of course, some unions you will never get rid of, if you want society to keep moving. The problem is, the risk of losing your life on the job goes quite a bit higher when you have non-union labor working side by side with union labor, I'm not liking the direction this country is headed. I can barely stand to care about it anymore.

Greedy corporations are so good at following laws I guess there is nothing to worry about.

Of course, once the unions die off, thankfully OSHA (est. 1970) will still exist. Do you need their number?

Of course, once the unions die off, thankfully OSHA (est. 1970) will still exist. Do you need their number?

That's like calling the police for an emergency. Completely ineffective. Most safety people never spent time working in construction and are always prone to siding with the people with more money. Your simple answers simply hold no weight with me. I'm on the job and I see what goes on. Safety guys and OSHA have their heads buried up their asses. Union personnel need to be defended by other members of the union or risk constantly getting ****ed over.

It's funny to me how all the armchair workers of the world are constantly bashing union labor when, in my opinion, they have never done an honest days work in their lives. At the end of the day, it's the guys who build things that are the important members of society. All the paper pushers can disappear. They can't do the work we do and thats why their sissy asses are behind a desk not doing a mans job.

I was a member of the Steelworkers Union Local 310 for almost 4 years.

Also, you wouldn't have a job without office workers. Please be smarter.

I was a member of the Steelworkers Union Local 310 for almost 4 years.

Also, you wouldn't have a job without office workers. Please be smarter.

No, it doesn't work the other way around as well. Without me the paper pushers are on a folding table in a garage!!

IS there charts for job satisfaction and societal advancements? Have we been moving forward or have things been getting worse? As far as I can tell it's all breaking down.

Income disequilibrium is pretty much the greatest problem facing humanity today.

In this country, anyway, disempowering labor has played a HUGE role in the destruction of the middle class. Its on par with outsourcing.

• Like 1

outsourcing and the mobility of capital and the change in the balance of power between labor and capital are all interrelated. Auto unions in the US are less powerful to use one example both because of international competition from non American companies but because American capital can move to another country to produce vehicles and or use the threat to do so.

The natural balance would have shifted due to international forces but the fact that the people who have the capital also totally control most governments has shifted things even further in their direction.

This new thing Obama is going to push through will put the nail in the coffin.

i thought you union guys loved obama. yep cheap labor from mexico will swamp you union guys. not to mention his opposing 40k union jobs on the pipeline.

i thought you union guys loved obama. yep cheap labor from mexico will swamp you union guys. not to mention his opposing 40k union jobs on the pipeline.

We like people that help us and the middle class. Actually, I hate all them!! There is nothing to love about inefficiency and mismanagement!

As far as getting swamped, it will not happen on jobs that I work on. (MARSEC job sites) No unauthorized personnel allowed. Gotta watch out for those terrorists you know.

How many union electricians does it take to change a light bulb?

13.... you got a problem with dat?

I was a member of the IBEW years ago. They took my money for their dues, and did everything they could to ensure that the lazy, incompetent members who had seniority over me would ALWAYS have seniority over me. I do not miss them at all.

I was also a site manager for the construction of a facility in New Jersey. We had to use union labor. Electricians, carpenters, fitters, riggers the works. Each of these trades had a main goal: milk the job for as long as they could. At least 50% of my time was spent on daily battles with the unions over slow progress, poor work, turf battles between trades, the list goes on.

There was once a time for the unions, but they have devolved into incestuous organizations concerned mainly with their own survival.

• Like 1