I just got back from the Bellagio at about 8:00 PM....here the update....the tables had just condensed to 4 when they were down to 36 players...i'd say daniel had about 350,000 in chips...probably about average....keep in mind i'm just eyeing his stack..and guestimating...then he lost a decent size pot....on the next hand the pot was raised....and was between daniel and a man to his right...the flop came Kd 9d 4c...i'm not exactly sure how the next round of betting went...i think daniel raised a substantial amount and then after a little deliberation the other guy went all in ....he had daniel covered....daniel didn't really pause at all an he said.."ok, but I need some help"...he turned over a Qd Jd and said out loud he needed a 10"....but obviously everyone new a diamond wouldn't hurt either....so guess what comes on the turn....the 10 of DIAMONDS...Daniel hits a straight flush...and doubles up just before the break...he was elated and now his chip stack looked to be about 550,000 and with about 34 players left he had to be in the top ten...as he was stacking his chips he said he'd been playing cards for 13 years and that was the best hand he'd ever had...other notables still aroundjohnny chan--chip leader i believehoward lederer, still doing welldevilfish-below averagehumberto brenes...about average..and i got the pleasure of watching phil hellmuth go broke...i'm pretty sure pham is out...but i wasn't positive..the place was really crowded but i didn't see him...just thought i'd give ya'll an update.

i saw hellmuth double up...but he was still low on chips...then he went all-in with two fives and was called by A Q and a queen came...juanda's out..tony G is out...Ram vaswami is out...i'll keep thinkin

Update from Daniel at 9:30 pm... 26 left ---- Daniel is chip leader at 1,000,000 Ted Forest / Johnny Chan at 850k chips David Pham is out; Daniel only needs to make final table to win POTY. Daniel wanted me to let you all know that he's pretty tired right now but he's playing fantastic -- more updates to come later tonight and thank you for all for your support. More to come... ------------------------------------------------ You can track this in Poker Tournaments in the forum and General; yes a double posting

I hope its just some idiot posting on there, but this is what I saw:--Previous Message--: daniel negreneau just took 2 huge hits in a row and is down to 219,000: : --Previous Message--: : Daniel is chip leader with $1.1 million...: : Christian Andersson is out in 26th...: : Blinds are now 6k/12k ante 2k: : On Barny's table....: : Barny is on the small blind and in middle position two time world champ: Johnny: Chan makes it 40,000 to go...Barny calls: : the flop comes 9h, 3h 5d and Barny checks...: : Johny bets ... Barny moves and after a long think Johny calls...

Read the more recent posts by Reporter. He says that's complete BS. He's got Daniel still around $1 million in chips. I'm choosing to believe that for now. I'm hoping we'll get it from a more reliable source soon, such as Daniel himself. It sounds like he's playing well.

not sure who Gram is but he is taking the piss...Daniel is going well at about $1.2 million in chips...23 left...25th Amnon Filippi24th Marlon SantosBlinds now 8,000/16,000 ante 2,000Charles Hiatt played A,J on the button...Johny Chan was on the big blind...flop Q,5,A and all the chips went in... Chan had Q,5, Charles had A,J....turn came a 10...river a King...Hiatt doubled up to over 1,000,000Hasan Habib 375,000Eric Weiner just doubled up Jennifer Harman. Jennifer raised on the button with K,2 and Eric called with A, 10 ...a flop of K,K,10 left Eric calling Jennifer's all in..Weiner now at 510,000Jennifer at 550,000Johny Chan 800,000Nam Lee 1,400,000Barny Boatman 370,000Dave Ulliott 220,000Humberto Brenes 550,000Danny Negreanu 1,140,000Howard Lederer 220,000Ted Forest 900,000Can you imagine a final table with Danny, Lederer, Devilfish, Chan, Ted Forrest, and Jennifer Harman?

ya looks like taht guy saying 200 000 was full of it. he posted it half an hour before someone posted daniel as chip leader. I read that thing on wptinsider and i beleive it. 1 600 000. thats a lot. Keep it up, Daniel.