Oakland Raiders Thread

There is a lot of optimism surrounding Oaktown this year. After finally kicking JaMarcus Russell to the curb, can the Raiders return to excellence?Things I am excited about:No more JaMarcus = Instant upgradeDarrius Heyward-Bey is getting after it this offseason. Should see a big improvement from him this yearRolando McClainFinally have some depth on the DLine/Front 7Things I am worried about:Offensive line. New players almost every year, not very goodNot much elseI know there are some Raider fans on here, and I'm sure some Raider haters... I want to hear what everyone thinks.Here is a link to some videos from training camp:http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/raidersvideo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything I've read about Rolando McClain makes me think he was a great pick for this team. A good presence from a young guy. Someone that will work hard (been missing that).I like that Jason Campbell will have a chip on his shoulder about everything that happened in Washington.They need some receivers. I'm not convinced about Heyward-Bey yet but I've read that he's working with Awesome-wah so at least they're trying something.

• 2 weeks later...

the NFL needs the raiders and 49ers to be great again. i was happy to see they won, even though it's the pre-season. i see them winning 7 games this year.

California needs the raiders and 49ers to be great again. i was happy to see they won, even though it's the pre-season. i see them winning 7 games this year.
fyp
fyp
I disagree, at least about the raiders. The raiders are one of the most iconic franchises in sports, let along the NFL. The raiders should be the ones signing all of the convicts and rejects like the bengals did.

29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto. 29-82 past 8 years. their new team motto.

I disagree, at least about the raiders. The raiders are one of the most iconic franchises in sports, let along the NFL. The raiders should be the ones signing all of the convicts and rejects like the bengals did.
That's irrelevant. The NFL doesn't need them. The NFL is much much bigger than any team. If they lost the Raiders and then a new team started in LA, you think the NFL would be impacted severely in the long term?

I'm a huge Raiders fan. I'm not unrealistic though, I always expect them to be horrible. Anything they don't do that is horrible is a plus. I enjoy the games even when they lose. Raider games are awesome even though they have one of the shittiest stadiums in the league.I have tickets to SF vs Raiders in October, and Raiders vs Denver on my birthday in December which I plan on getting mega-shitfaced. I hope Tebow plays and gets injured

I'm a huge Raiders fan. I'm not unrealistic though, I always expect them to be horrible. Anything they don't do that is horrible is a plus. I enjoy the games even when they lose. Raider games are awesome even though they have one of the shittiest stadiums in the league.I have tickets to SF vs Raiders in October, and Raiders vs Denver on my birthday in December which I plan on getting mega-shitfaced. I hope Tebow plays and gets injured
id love to go to the 49ers vs Oakland game. is in oaktown or SF? gonna wear my P Willie jersey.
someone needs to snuff al davis asap. the NFL needs the raiders to be good again.
Repeating it doesn't make it correct.
That's irrelevant. The NFL doesn't need them. The NFL is much much bigger than any team. If they lost the Raiders and then a new team started in LA, you think the NFL would be impacted severely in the long term?
When did you get so literal, ffs.
Repeating it doesn't make it correct.
it is true. the nfl needs the niners to be good too. we have a combined 8 super bowls. just cuse your opinion differs from mine, doesnt make mine wrong.
someone needs to snuff al davis asap. the NFL needs the raiders to be good again.
This^^^^I love the Raiders but am realistic in that they are not going to win until Al Davis dies - or leaves the coach alone to work with his team. I even named my Fantasy Football team "Al Davis Must Die" for the second year in a row.Hoping to see Colt Brennan get some playing time. He was part of the UH's most successful team.
it is true. the nfl needs the niners to be good too. we have a combined 8 super bowls. just cuse your opinion differs from mine, doesnt make mine wrong.
Please explain why the NFL needs a team in LA, in order to survive. It doesn't.Please explain why the NFL needs the Oilers in the 4th largest city in America. It didn't.Please explain why the NFL needed the Raiders to move back and forth 3 times. It didn't matter.Please explain why the NFL needed Baltimore to have the Colts. Didn't they have a storied history with Johnny U? Indianapolis? It didn't matter.Please explain why the NFL needed St. Louis to have the Cardinals stay, since Cardinals was synonymous with the city name. It didn't.The only thing that mattered in each of these situations was for the actual city and state that was affected. The NFL never did and never will need any individual team. The Cowboys could move to Des Moines and the NFL would be as strong as ever.
Please explain why the NFL needs a team in LA, in order to survive. It doesn't.Please explain why the NFL needs the Oilers in the 4th largest city in America. It didn't.Please explain why the NFL needed the Raiders to move back and forth 3 times. It didn't matter.Please explain why the NFL needed Baltimore to have the Colts. Didn't they have a storied history with Johnny U? Indianapolis? It didn't matter.Please explain why the NFL needed St. Louis to have the Cardinals stay, since Cardinals was synonymous with the city name. It didn't.The only thing that mattered in each of these situations was for the actual city and state that was affected. The NFL never did and never will need any individual team. The Cowboys could move to Des Moines and the NFL would be as strong as ever.
lol nope. it would take a decent hit. lets say the best teams in the NFL for five straight years are the Seahawks, Lions, Panthers, Browns and the Jags. Compare that to classic teams like the Steelers, 49ers, Colts, Cowboys, Raiders. i think there would be huge drop in fan interest if the first five teams i stated were better than the second group. idk what your favorite team is, but you sound bias.

The thing that makes the NFL so great is the parity. I continue to think the exact opposite of all your new points.

The popularity of the sport (any sport) for the casual fan depends on the "classic" teams doing well. In Football, there are a handful of teams that need to do well: Raiders (though, since they have been so bad this may not be true, but they have a huge fan base-if just for the team gear-and if they do well it would be great for the NFL), Cowboys and to a lesser extent the Steelers, 49ers, and the Colts. In baseball it is the Yankees. In basketball it is the Lakers and Celtics. In hockey it is...hell there are no casual fans. Parity also plays a big part, but I don't think for the casual fan, I think parity works for the fans of the other 27 teams.

The popularity of the sport (any sport) for the casual fan depends on the "classic" teams doing well. In Football, there are a handful of teams that need to do well: Raiders (though, since they have been so bad this may not be true, but they have a huge fan base-if just for the team gear-and if they do well it would be great for the NFL), Cowboys and to a lesser extent the Steelers, 49ers, and the Colts. In baseball it is the Yankees. In basketball it is the Lakers and Celtics. In hockey it is...hell there are no casual fans. Parity also plays a big part, but I don't think for the casual fan, I think parity works for the fans of the other 27 teams.
+100%. im glad people understand what i mean.
The popularity of the sport (any sport) for the casual fan depends on the "classic" teams doing well. In Football, there are a handful of teams that need to do well: Raiders...
You're right. I sure hope the Raiders can start winning so the NFL can become popular again.
You're right. I sure hope the Raiders can start winning so the NFL can become popular again.
and that's that argument.much more important for the NBA or NHL to have iconic teams winning. The NFL has hit their I'm Keith Hernandez stage.....of course if they have a long lockout who knows....
Yeah cause that was the point I was making....