PPR leagues are totally different. A 30 yard catch by a player is the equivalent of a TD pass for a QB. Kinda strange. Here is my team in the yahoo 12 game league versus the boyz. I also have waiver wire pick #1 which could come in very handy because I'm in need of an injury at RB somewhere in the league:QB: Peyton Manning, IND.RB Jamal Lewis, CLEV.RB: Tim Hightower, ARI.WR: Reggie Wayne, IND.WR: Chad OchoCinco, CIN.TE: Greg Olsen, CHI.W/T: Dwayne Bowe, KC.K: Shaun Suisham, WAS/DEF: NEW ORLEANSBENCH: RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD.BENCH: RB Donald Brown, IND.BENCH: RB Jamaal Charles, KC.BENCH: RB Jonathan Stewart, CAR.BENCH: WR Devery Henderson, NO. There are plenty of fillers at WR available that I like and will plug in on bye weeks. Although my RB situation seems bad, you only can use two RB's a week so I spent more money at WR since we start 3 a week. Hightower has a good matchup this week against SF and I'm not convinced that Beanie Wellls is going to be handed the reigns just like that. I REALLY wanted Marshawn Lynch and Julius Jones and hoped that I saved enough for them. I went all in for 11 on both and got outbid and each went for 12. DOH! INDY has great match ups this year versus really bad pass defenses. I think Manning is going to have a big year, but I'm MOST excited about Greg Olsen. Breakout season coming and he just might be the #1 fantasy TE when it's all said and done. Love me some Olsen!

This was an auction, no? Did you feel like you got good value for anyone in particular? Any info on the other teams in your league? Snake drafts are simply nowhere near as fun or challenging as auctions, but there's nothing worse than getting stuck with a player you were just trying to bid up!

This was an auction, no? Did you feel like you got good value for anyone in particular? Any info on the other teams in your league? Snake drafts are simply nowhere near as fun or challenging as auctions, but there's nothing worse than getting stuck with a player you were just trying to bid up!
I paid under value for my whole team. Seriously, I only took bargains and all the guys I got went for less than expected value.

WEEK ONE:Cheap ThievesQB: Peyton Manning, IND. 17.65RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD. 10.60RB: Tim HighTower, ARI. 25.60WR: Reggie Wayne, IND. 32.20WR: Chad OchoCinco, CIN. 14.70TE: Greg Olsen, CHI. 1.80W/T: Dwayne Bowe, KC. 14.00K: Kris Brown, HOU. 1.00 DEF: NEW ENGLAD 8.00TOTAL: 125.55SlashtasticQB: Tony Romo, DAL. 29.85RB: Frank Gore, SF. 19.80RB: Brian Westbrook, PHI. 16.20WR: Greg Jennings, GB. 24.60WR: Santana Moss, WAS. 2.60TE: Dustin Keller, NYJ. 13.40W/T: Derek Mason, BAL 8.40K: Robbie Gould, CHI. 8.00DEF: DALLAS 2.00TOTAL: 125.15 That was Chris Lash's team. Next week I face Paul Wasicka's team who has the lowest total in week 1.STANDINGS:1. Butterknife 1-0 150.80 (Martin deKnijff & Ted Park)2. HpyEndings@Shanghi 1-0 148.50 (Nick Rainey)3. I Love Me Some Me 1-0 142.90 (James Sullivan)4. Cheap Thieves 1-0 125.55 (Daniel Negreanu)5. We Love Haters 1-0 115.65 (Chris Porter)6. wendy's number 2 1-0 92.15 (Nathan Doudney)7. Nordberg 0-1 136.45 (Peter Feldman)8. Slashtastic 0-1 125.15 (Chris Lash)9. Gavmaster 0-1 88.50 (Gavin Smith)10. Team Duster 0-1 83.55 (Erick Lindgren)11. Don's Tap 0-1 0-1 80.75 (Brian Balsbaugh)12. Judas Cutler 0-1 75.80 (Paul Wasicka)

Three roster moves while maintaining my #1 waiver option:Release:DEF NEW ENGLANDK Kris Brown, HOU.RB Earnest Graham, TB.Pick Up:DEF NEW ORLEANS (vs Philly this week without McNabb)K Shaun Suisham, WAS. (vs Rams)WR Devery Henderson, NO. I plan on doing matchups all year at Kicker and defense.

Three roster moves while maintaining my #1 waiver option:Release:DEF NEW ENGLANDK Kris Brown, HOU.RB Earnest Graham, TB.Pick Up:DEF NEW ORLEANS (vs Philly this week without McNabb)K Shaun Suisham, WAS. (vs Rams)WR Devery Henderson, NO. I plan on doing matchups all year at Kicker and defense.
These two things definitely don't seem like a great idea. I mean... since you're doing it all year, that must have included week 1 also, and it was almost your downfall. If you would have just picked a kicker on a high scoring team and stuck with him, you would probably never end up with 1 point for that position for the whole season. Also, I agree with Waffles. NO's defense against the Eagles would probably be in the bottom 25% of my choices for the coming week.
These two things definitely don't seem like a great idea. I mean... since you're doing it all year, that must have included week 1 also, and it was almost your downfall. If you would have just picked a kicker on a high scoring team and stuck with him, you would probably never end up with 1 point for that position for the whole season. Also, I agree with Waffles. NO's defense against the Eagles would probably be in the bottom 25% of my choices for the coming week.
I think if you are active that playing the matchups with your defense is a great idea. Of course, if you are choosing the Saints sieve-like D against a good offensive team, the strategy will not work.I dont think it is possible to play matchups with a kicker....it is just too hard to predict how many times a team will stall inside the other team's 35 yard line.
I dont think it is possible to play matchups with a kicker....it is just too hard to predict how many times a team will stall inside the other team's 35 yard line.
This, also the Eagles have so many weapons that who is at QB isn't going to stop them from putting up points.
Kris Brown was the highest rated Kicker left so I took him. Houston didn't look good in game #1 and there is always high turnover at Kicker in our pool. NO is the highest rated DEF available this week, WAS is gone at the draft, and DEF get their points from turnovers, etc. and I like the idea of racking up sacks and INT's against a back up QB, no matter what weapons he has available to him.
Kris Brown was the highest rated Kicker left so I took him. Houston didn't look good in game #1 and there is always high turnover at Kicker in our pool. NO is the highest rated DEF available this week, WAS is gone at the draft, and DEF get their points from turnovers, etc. and I like the idea of racking up sacks and INT's against a back up QB, no matter what weapons he has available to him.
Kolb is a decent backup QB, he is probably a top 10 backup qb, I hope your strategies works but its doubtful. Have you found another TE for McMichael? Also, you saying that Olsen is going to be the #1 TE at the end of the season is somewhat a joke...at least I hope so. He will be lucky to get 50 catches this season.
Kolb is a decent backup QB, he is probably a top 10 backup qb, I hope your strategies works but its doubtful. Have you found another TE for McMichael? Also, you saying that Olsen is going to be the #1 TE at the end of the season is somewhat a joke...at least I hope so. He will be lucky to get 50 catches this season.
I have McMichael in my other league, not this one. I still may switch NO DEF before Sunday. As for Olsen, if you watched the game he was at LEAST double teamed on every down. Olsen will end up with more than 50 catches. I'd still bet on that even after his 1 catch performance in game #1. Cutler was AWFUL in game one and Forte got nothing going at all. When they get Forte going that'll help open up the field for Olsen.
I have McMichael in my other league, not this one. I still may switch NO DEF before Sunday. As for Olsen, if you watched the game he was at LEAST double teamed on every down. Olsen will end up with more than 50 catches. I'd still bet on that even after his 1 catch performance in game #1. Cutler was AWFUL in game one and Forte got nothing going at all. When they get Forte going that'll help open up the field for Olsen.
If you look at cutler's stats last season you will notice that he doesnt throw to his RBs that much. Forte didnt get 1 catch last game when he avg 4 per game last season.The reason why Olsen got 50+ catches last season is because Orton couldnt throw deep and had to hit either the RB or the TE for short yardage. Now that cutler is there, he can hit Hester and Bennett deep and that will hurt Olsen and Forte big time. Good luck
If you look at cutler's stats last season you will notice that he doesnt throw to his RBs that much. Forte didnt get 1 catch last game when he avg 4 per game last season.The reason why Olsen got 50+ catches last season is because Orton couldnt throw deep and had to hit either the RB or the TE for short yardage. Now that cutler is there, he can hit Hester and Bennett deep and that will hurt Olsen and Forte big time. Good luck
Here in chicago, I'd agree with this analysis. I think once things get running smoothly that there will be enough passing all across the board to make Olsen very effective (as i think the NFC north is going to be crazy offensive oriented, in a total change of pace this season). I do agree that Forte may be in for a major sophomore regression, mainly because of his much lighter load in the passing game.I drafted Anthony Gonzalez in all 3 leagues, took McNabb in 2 of 3.....oh, and played Brees in 2 of 3 for week 1. Oh, and watched my Bears lose Urlacher for the year, lose to the packers, AND (as I was in vegas this weekend with the wife) waited to bet the game until gametime getting the bears at +5 instead of 3.5. Of course Jennings TD puts them up by four, then they successfully convert the 2pt conversion to cover the 5. FML.G/L in week 2 all.
100% behind the New Orleans defense this week. Not only are they facing a back up, Philly's O-line is a complete mess, they'll have him scrambling, hurried, sacked, throwing picks etc.
IF you rely on ur Defense to win the game for you, you may be in trouble :)Would it be possible to get the opponent's roster before you play them?good luck sir.
WEEK #2 Opponent:Judas Cutler (Paul Wasicka)QB: Philip Rivers, SD.RB: Marion Barber, DAL.RB: Brandon Jacobs, NYG.WR: Roddy White, ATL.WR: Domenik Hixon, NYG.TE: Owen Daniels, OAK.W/T: Lee Evans, BUF.K: David Akers, PHI.DEF: CHICAGO
Owen Daniels is on Houston. Beyond that... Jacobs will have a big day for him. Hixon... maybe a bit less so.
NEW ORLEANS got me 18 points, the #1 defense for the week. Told ya!
The 98 yard interception return for a TD with ONE MINUTE LEFT IN THE GAME might have helped just a little. :club:

Pretty sick week #2. I won my first game by 0.40 and looked good to go 2-0 with Manning and Wayne playing Miami. Weirdest game ever! Indy offense never had the ball! Then the last play I thought I won for sure, but in the end lost by 0.25!!! so sick.

MONSTER comeback against Gavin this week! I was down 50 points going into the Sunday night game with Manning, Wayne, and Hightower going for me. I'm now up 100.55 to 96.35 and the game isn't over. On Monday night I have Jonathan Stewart going for me against Dallas kicker Nick Folk. In this league I came into the week without Bowe and LT, 5th in league scoring and this week I'll move up to top 3! Off week #2 but much better week #3.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made some changes to my roster. This week since I had the #1 waiver wire pick I nabbed Miles Austin who looked awesome and dropped Tony Scheffer, DEN TE who I needed to use this week. Here's what the roster looks like now:QB: Peyton Manning, IND.RB: Tim Hightower, ARI.RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD.WR: Reggie Wayne, IND.WR: Chad OchoCinco, CIN.TE: Greg Olsen, CHI.W/T: Dwayne Bowe, KC.K: Jeff Reed, PIT.DEF: DALLASBENCH: QB Matt Cassell, KC.BENCH: RB Donald Brown, IND.BENCH: RB Chester Taylor, MIN.BENCH: WR Torry Holt, JAC.BENCH: WR Miles Austin, DAL. Indy is on a bye week and so is DALLAS. I've been picking up a new kicker and Def every week and it's been going well. I'll plug Matt Casell and Torry Holt in for this coming week. My team is 3-2 now, likely in a logjam atop the league. I rank about 3rd or 4th in total points. LT appears to be all but finished, but I have serviceable back ups now, Chester Taylor is getting catches and TD's, Brown will see more carries, and Hightower has been great. My WR's and QB's are the best in the league, and Olsen should be coming around eventually. I didn't think Cutler would end up throwing deep so often. Oh well.

I've made some changes to my roster. This week since I had the #1 waiver wire pick I nabbed Miles Austin who looked awesome and dropped Tony Scheffer, DEN TE who I needed to use this week. Here's what the roster looks like now:QB: Peyton Manning, IND.RB: Tim Hightower, ARI.RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD.WR: Reggie Wayne, IND.WR: Chad OchoCinco, CIN.TE: Greg Olsen, CHI.W/T: Dwayne Bowe, KC.K: Jeff Reed, PIT.DEF: DALLASBENCH: QB Matt Cassell, KC.BENCH: RB Donald Brown, IND.BENCH: RB Chester Taylor, MIN.BENCH: WR Torry Holt, JAC.BENCH: WR Miles Austin, DAL. Indy is on a bye week and so is DALLAS. I've been picking up a new kicker and Def every week and it's been going well. I'll plug Matt Casell and Torry Holt in for this coming week. My team is 3-2 now, likely in a logjam atop the league. I rank about 3rd or 4th in total points. LT appears to be all but finished, but I have serviceable back ups now, Chester Taylor is getting catches and TD's, Brown will see more carries, and Hightower has been great. My WR's and QB's are the best in the league, and Olsen should be coming around eventually. I didn't think Cutler would end up throwing deep so often. Oh well.
I think i still start LT this week over Chester Taylor, in case your comment meant that you were going to switch spots. I feel pretty good about Holt's matchup this week as well. Orton or Garrard available still?