I will start a thread just because that Miami FSU game was so freaking awesome. Jacory Harris is a stud. Too bad the Canes have no defense. Oh well, looks like they are finally making some real progress.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best game of the weekend by far. Listening to all the football "experts" talking this and that about the ACC not having that powerhouse team really is getting old. The conference is pretty close from top to bottom with the exception of Duke :club: and makes for exciting games which is what I like to see. Wouldn't it be nice to go back to the days FSU steam-rolled everyone in the conference. :rolleyes:The conference may not be as good as the SEC or Big 12, but at least its competitive which is fun to watch. College football still needs a playoff regardless.

Best game of the weekend by far. Listening to all the football "experts" talking this and that about the ACC not having that powerhouse team really is getting old. The conference is pretty close from top to bottom with the exception of Duke :club: and makes for exciting games which is what I like to see. Wouldn't it be nice to go back to the days FSU steam-rolled everyone in the conference. :rolleyes:The conference may not be as good as the SEC or Big 12, but at least its competitive which is fun to watch. College football still needs a playoff regardless.
And Virginia.Miami's win is interesting, since they have such a tough schedule the next few weeks. I'm hoping UNC makes a run at the title this year but unless they develop some good wideouts to replace the great group of receivers they had last year it's going to be some nail biting wins. Defense looks good though.

Lets go over the first week for the ACC, shall we?NC ST vs South Carolina - LGa. Tech Vs Jacksonvillie W ( 20 point win over an FCS team, grats)Boston college Vs Northeastern(who?) WWake forrest v Baylor( worst team in the big 12) LNC vs Citadel W ( grats)Clemson vs Mid Tenn State W ( the confrence's only Division 1 win this week. Grats) Virginia vs William and Mary L (Hahahahahah)Duke vs Richmond L (Hahahahahahaha)V tech vs Bama LMaryland vs Cal L (beat down)And of course, the classic Miami/FSU game, which doesn't count on this tally since both teams are ACC. But, over all, this week as an utter embaressment for the acc.

I disagree. Iowa State and Colorado will be much worse than Baylor this year, and probably Texas A&M too.
I think his overall point stands. Virginia and Duke are embarassing. Still, the ACC was planning on being a top heavy league when they raided the Big East and if FSU, Miami, and Va Tech can get back to their previous glory things will work out.I am just excited that Miami has a real QB again. Huge step. And Harris does not have a huge arm and is a sophomore so you can pencil him in for three full years as the starter. Very exciting.
I think his overall point stands. Virginia and Duke are embarassing. Still, the ACC was planning on being a top heavy league when they raided the Big East and if FSU, Miami, and Va Tech can get back to their previous glory things will work out.I am just excited that Miami has a real QB again. Huge step. And Harris does not have a huge arm and is a sophomore so you can pencil him in for three full years as the starter. Very exciting.
You should be excited, Jacory is bringing the sexy back to the U.
Yeah, I got it, just saying Baylor won't be as bad as usual this year.
Still, the ACC was planning on being a top heavy league when they raided the Big East and if FSU, Miami, and Va Tech can get back to their previous glory things will work out.
You can pencil UNC into that group. Davis has had some killer recruiting classes and they are going to start to put up a lot of wins.
You should be excited, Jacory is bringing the sexy back to the U.
He is definitely skinny enough to be in US Weekly.I was just amazed with how poised he is in the pocket. Canes will at least be exciting again....and yeah, Baylor is middle of the pack in BIG XII.
He is definitely skinny enough to be in US Weekly.I was just amazed with how poised he is in the pocket. Canes will at least be exciting again....and yeah, Baylor is middle of the pack in BIG XII.
When he was on Lebatard, he said he was growing out his afro until he won't a national championship ( a lie, as he cut his hair soon after), that he was going to win the heisman, this year, and when he went to the ceremony he's going to wear a pink suit and carry a pimp cup. Miami needs exactly this kind of player, IE extremely talented players that are also brash and funny.

lol to JacoryTech is going to win it all in the ACC again this year, despite how bad our offensive coordinator is. I still think we're 1 year away from the experience level it'll take to beat a Bama and win a national championship, so maybe we can lose a couple of close ones this year and get Stinespring fired instead.

FSU slips by Jacksonville State, Maryland barely gets by James Madison......another weak weak showing from the ACC. They better hope that Miami has finally figured things out.....

lol to JacoryTech is going to win it all in the ACC again this year, despite how bad our offensive coordinator is. I still think we're 1 year away from the experience level it'll take to beat a Bama and win a national championship, so maybe we can lose a couple of close ones this year and get Stinespring fired instead.
Unlike the old days with Vick, V-Tech still does not have a real offense. I am not a believer at all in Tyrod....he just is not a good passer. They are completely one-dimensional and if they win the ACC it will be because everyone else still sucks.V-Tech is nowhere near championship level and one year is not going to change that.

Tech holds on against Nebraska (though they did not look very good).....FSU trounces BYU in Utah. ACC is starting to look a lot less pathetic.If the Hokies play like that against Miami, they are going to get waxed.

Tech holds on against Nebraska (though they did not look very good).....FSU trounces BYU in Utah. ACC is starting to look a lot less pathetic.If the Hokies play like that against Miami, they are going to get waxed.
We'll see. You say that we're nowhere close, but I think it's clear that by far the biggest issue we have is at QB and Offensive coordinator...we have a stud return guy who also caught the game-winning TD, a stud offensive line, THREE stud running backs. We're not clicking very well but if we get it going at all next week, be ready for that big letdown from the 'Canes.
We'll see. You say that we're nowhere close, but I think it's clear that by far the biggest issue we have is at QB and Offensive coordinator...we have a stud return guy who also caught the game-winning TD, a stud offensive line, THREE stud running backs. We're not clicking very well but if we get it going at all next week, be ready for that big letdown from the 'Canes.
You are going to need a lot more than "get it going at all".I dont see how VT gets to 20.....and I dont see how they win without doing so. If Miami has a letdown, it will be because they blow it on special teams......and Tech is usually pretty good at that. That is my biggest worry.I know Tech has three great running backs....but it is already clear that if you want to move the ball on Miami this year you have to do it through the air. And Tech cant throw. If you have a problem at QB in college football, then you have a very big problem. See: Miami, 2005-2008.
Oh..well if it's just your quarterback and your offensive coordinator..

I think this sums up my thoughts on Tech/Miami nicely (from cnnsi):Miami at Virginia Tech, Saturday (3:30 p.m. ET): I've given up trying to figure out the Hokies. They had been outgained by Nebraska 343-190 before producing a game-winning 88-yard drive. Either they'll intercept Harris three times, run back a punt and win 19-17, or they'll suffer a fate worse than Georgia Tech.