Open Ended Straight Flush Draw

MP is a pretty good player. I have been playing with him for a while and he was playing pretty solid. I am most likely viewed as pretty TAG, as I have only showed down winners.How do I get the most value from my hand here? I know that with an open ended straight flush draw that I should be raising the flop, but every time I do, I brick out on the turn and river. What should I do here?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB ($30.15)UTG ($90.05)MP ($45.10)Hero ($96.20)Button ($62.40)SB ($15.50)Preflop: Hero is CO with 8d.gif, 6d.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($2) qc.gif, 5d.gif, 7d.gif(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, MP bets $2, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB folds.Turn: ($6) 6c.gif(2 players)MP bets $2, Hero calls $2.River: ($10) 9d.gif(2 players)MP bets $2, Hero raises to $8.5, MP calls $6.50.Final Pot: $27Can I raise more the river, or is this about the max I am getting from villain here?

Can I raise more the river, or is this about the max I am getting from villain here?
i don't think ur getting much more off a queenyou can however raise the flop.

Haven't looked at the hand yet, but bet/raise/reraise/shove. If you're on the turn for some reason (why didn't you get it in on the flop?), bet/raise/reraise if you have fold equity or call if you don't.

Yeah, I know that I should have been raising from the flop... it just seems that everytime I have a monster draw that I miss, so I was hesitant to build a pot. And of course, when I don't, I nail my nut card and the pot isn't as big as it could have been. Just making sure that I should be raising all the way with this. Thanks guys.

Yeah, I know that I should have been raising from the flop... it just seems that everytime I have a monster draw that I miss, so I was hesitant to build a pot. And of course, when I don't, I nail my nut card and the pot isn't as big as it could have been. Just making sure that I should be raising all the way with this. Thanks guys.
So you cost yourself money either way. ... One way we make money is by taking advantage of fold equity. If we raise this flop and the villain folds, that's OK. If we raise and the villain calls and we make our hand, that's OK. If we go into "calldown and see" mode and the villain gets away when it's obvious that we made our hand, then we've lost value. If we go into "calldown and see" mode, we're lighting our money on fire. So while we talk a lot about wanting to get our money in with the "best hand," we need to remember that sometimes, statistically -- like here -- the "best hand" isn't necessarily a "made hand" on the flop. But we have two shots at essentially half the deck, we're likely to "make" our hand. So we shouldn't be shy about getting the money in ASAP.
I fold preflop, but other than that I'm raising every street. Not raising the flop/turn are really poor plays IMO.
So you cost yourself money either way. ... One way we make money is by taking advantage of fold equity. If we raise this flop and the villain folds, that's OK. If we raise and the villain calls and we make our hand, that's OK. If we go into "calldown and see" mode and the villain gets away when it's obvious that we made our hand, then we've lost value. If we go into "calldown and see" mode, we're lighting our money on fire. So while we talk a lot about wanting to get our money in with the "best hand," we need to remember that sometimes, statistically -- like here -- the "best hand" isn't necessarily a "made hand" on the flop. But we have two shots at essentially half the deck, we're likely to "make" our hand. So we shouldn't be shy about getting the money in ASAP.
Double QFT
Haven't looked at the hand yet, but bet/raise/reraise/shove. If you're on the turn for some reason (why didn't you get it in on the flop?), bet/raise/reraise if you have fold equity or call if you don't.
lol, this is my reaction to any thread that says "open ended straight flush draw" in the title, lol.My immediate reaction is "all in".

Open ended str8 flush draw after the flop is one of the only hands you have more than a 50% (actually almost 60%) chance to hit your card (17 outs if I'm counting right). Bet, raise, re-raise, shove, do whatever you can to get chips in there!

not sure if you know this but you basically have the nuts on the flop. Get as much money in as soon as possible.
Yeah.You get full value for this hand by getting it AI on the flop against AQ or AA or KK or whatever he has. I know in your other thread, you said you're moving up in limits, but if you're not gonna jam the shit outta this hand and be thrilled about doing it, then drop back to the lower limit.

You HAVE to raise this flop.Let me illustrate how much value you have potentially missed in this hand. Pot is $4 on the flop when it gets to you. You raise to $6, he calls (he is getting 2.5:1 on the call). The pot is now $14 on the turn instead of $6.That is an extra $8 before betting on the turn even starts. If betting continues on both the turn and the river, it is SO much more when the pot gets to show down. Your hand here plays very strong, you are pretty much coinflipping with top two, and you are only a 3:2 dog against a set. You have two shots at hitting 15 outs, you can't be bricking nearly as often as you think.