• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who was the lady in the church?
the lady that sold desmond the ring, imoreally, really great episode. i'm so glad that this show decided to kick ass again after that little lull in season 3.
the lady that sold desmond the ring, imoreally, really great episode. i'm so glad that this show decided to kick ass again after that little lull in season 3.
Weeeee!
oh yeah, forgot about her. i was kinda hoping for some dharma initiative...the opening scene was a big tease
oh yeah, forgot about her. i was kinda hoping for some dharma initiative...the opening scene was a big tease
Yeah, the opening scene was really the only one that was revealing in my opinion. The time travel stuff was interesting but was expected, and the mainland adventures with Hurley and such seemed to be a bit fluffy. Yes, I understand that the show is trying to convey that these people don't belong back in real society, but still, it came close to being boring.But I'm still super excited about the season.Question:Why were the survivors the only ones who time traveled? Or do we not know that for sure? Are the hostiles/others or whatever jumping through time as well?

Survivors were the only ones traveling. Although I enjoyed the episode, the time travel thing is on the verge of going too far, much like they did with Heroes, it was too much. I hope they reign it in with a good explanation.The one thing I did not like is when they showed the sonar image of below the Orchid, it showed the wheel. What was that all about?

Survivors were the only ones traveling. Although I enjoyed the episode, the time travel thing is on the verge of going too far, much like they did with Heroes, it was too much. I hope they reign it in with a good explanation.The one thing I did not like is when they showed the sonar image of below the Orchid, it showed the wheel. What was that all about?
I guess the wheel is either really old or was put there by someone in the future?Was Locke travelling independently through time or was he just spatially separated from the others?
I guess the wheel is either really old or was put there by someone in the future?Was Locke travelling independently through time or was he just spatially separated from the others?
Pretty sure it was spatially separated.

Can someone refresh me on the lady who sold desmond a ring and who she is?Also, I'm about 90% sure that the whole premise of this series was written a long time ago and that the time travel is not comparable to heroes. The whole reason this show is so popular is because the first seasons had you asking WTF is going on and obviously the answers are going to be just as out of the ordinary.

Can someone refresh me on the lady who sold desmond a ring and who she is?Also, I'm about 90% sure that the whole premise of this series was written a long time ago and that the time travel is not comparable to heroes. The whole reason this show is so popular is because the first seasons had you asking WTF is going on and obviously the answers are going to be just as out of the ordinary.
I don't think she's ever had her purpose/role fully explained, but she's always been signaled as pretty high-up in importance.
I don't think she's ever had her purpose/role fully explained, but she's always been signaled as pretty high-up in importance.
Thanks I really dont remember her at all. When did Desmond meet her and what was the ring all about?

So, is this thought rational in any way?I was thinking about what Faraday said, that when in a different time, you can NOT interfere with someone. Well he interfered with Desmond at the Hatch. Is this a possible explanation as to why Desmond an see events that happen, before they happen?Because somehow with him coming in to contact with people from the future, that somehow throws off everything and he gets memories from events from the future?Any possibility that this could be somewhat correct?

I really do not like the time travel plotline line but they are certainly pulling it off. It could have derailed the show but is seems to flow nicely. Unfortunately every week this show makes me confused. ( in a good way)I wish I could answers other peoples questions but I only have more questions like:Faraday has been to the island before? The opening scene really threw me for a loop.Sun holds Kate responsible for Jin's death? Didn't it seem like she was insincere with Kate?Locke is not really dead? Or will the island bring him back? So Locke knew about the drug plane crash because he had been there before? He had taken Boone there in a previous season. Ben-- I love this character. But is he good or bad? What is his motivation? Locke replaced him as leader. I keep changing my opinion after each of his scenes.The asian guy who can talk to dead people. How did he find the pig that had been dead only a few hours? Anyone have any any ideas to his background?All I can say is wow. Great start to the new season---

Yeah, the opening scene was really the only one that was revealing in my opinion. The time travel stuff was interesting but was expected, and the mainland adventures with Hurley and such seemed to be a bit fluffy. Yes, I understand that the show is trying to convey that these people don't belong back in real society, but still, it came close to being boring.But I'm still super excited about the season.Question:Why were the survivors the only ones who time traveled? Or do we not know that for sure? Are the hostiles/others or whatever jumping through time as well?
The survivors would not have been on the island when it traveled back a year, so they couldn't just 'fit in' with their old life, like Desmond was doing when he went back in time and was himself as a soldier with only temp flashes into his future life?So the Others travel back, but they inhabit their bodies of that time?, to prevent there from being two of them at the same time?Why did Ben get teleported to the same place that the polar bear skeleton was dug up by the Brit chick?Woulnd't Jin have to bring the baby back since it was inside of her when she left, and Aaron is suppose to go back also? I mean a baby in the womb is still a life, or is Lost trying to make a statment about abortion?
Why did Ben get teleported to the same place that the polar bear skeleton was dug up by the Brit chick?
This hasn't been confirmed in the show, but its most likely because they have "moved" the island before, but back then they had trained a polar bear to turn the wheel instead.
So, is this thought rational in any way?I was thinking about what Faraday said, that when in a different time, you can NOT interfere with someone. Well he interfered with Desmond at the Hatch. Is this a possible explanation as to why Desmond an see events that happen, before they happen?Because somehow with him coming in to contact with people from the future, that somehow throws off everything and he gets memories from events from the future?Any possibility that this could be somewhat correct?
Locke intefered with Ethan and Richard so not too sure about that. Desmond is a miracle, an exception (to the whatever the hell they are) rules.Just kill the ginger english chick already, shes screwed we get it. They will all start dropping likes flies, juliets nose will start bleeding drama etc.I had fallen out of love with the show but was going to see it through, these first two episodes have me delighted and I'm completely back on board.
Woulnd't Jin have to bring the baby back since it was inside of her when she left, and Aaron is suppose to go back also? I mean a baby in the womb is still a life, or is Lost trying to make a statment about abortion?
I'm in love with this quote. You kill me.

All the questions you guys have just make my head hurt trying to figure out. I liked the premier, but I pretty much decided that I'm not really going to fully understand all the time travel stuff even when they attempt to answer all these questions. I'm pretty happy with how they're shaping things for now, definitely more than I was at the beginning of Season 4. For some reason I didn't like any of the freighter people and that whole storyline annoyed me, but I'm coming around. Miles especially. For some reason, I love his character now.

Also, I'm about 90% sure that the whole premise of this series was written a long time ago and that the time travel is not comparable to heroes. The whole reason this show is so popular is because the first seasons had you asking WTF is going on and obviously the answers are going to be just as out of the ordinary.
i'm pretty sure that the basic arc of the storyline/questions/answers was completely written before the first episode was fully written. at least i read that somewhere a while back, i think.
i'm pretty sure that the basic arc of the storyline/questions/answers was completely written before the first episode was fully written. at least i read that somewhere a while back, i think.
Yes, the creators have said from very early on that they had a plan for the entire story arc and that it had an end point, and that all would be understood in the end. They're surely filling in details and making some stuff up as it progresses but I don't think this is going the way of Heros (how sad btw).
Yeah, something like that is probably right I think.
Woulnd't Jin have to bring the baby back since it was inside of her when she left, and Aaron is suppose to go back also? I mean a baby in the womb is still a life, or is Lost trying to make a statment about abortion?
That is a very good point, I hadn't thought of that. Who was that guy on the beach that was just annoying everyone? I was like who the eff is this guy, must be a redshirt, and then sure enough he is torched within a minute or so.
The survivors would not have been on the island when it traveled back a year, so they couldn't just 'fit in' with their old life, like Desmond was doing when he went back in time and was himself as a soldier with only temp flashes into his future life?So the Others travel back, but they inhabit their bodies of that time?, to prevent there from being two of them at the same time?
i think that this has to do with the "consciousness being unstuck in time" thing that faraday talked about during the episode with the mouse and the maze, etc. i'd guess that they're making some sort of statement about the essence of human-ness or some shit. i'll figure that out after a joint or seven, though.
Why did Ben get teleported to the same place that the polar bear skeleton was dug up by the Brit chick?
i'd imagine that this is just some essential part of moving the island--you move that bitch, you go to weird desert place in tunisia or wherever.
i was actually wondering the same thing here. if aaron has to go back, it seems that sun's baby would have to as well.or maybe JJ abrams is just pwning conservatives subtly, i'm not sure.

awesome ep. Yeah, time travel's nuts, but the whole damn show's been nuts so hey whatever. Miles talks to the dead, cabins move around. Ghosts come back to life. I don't really see time travel being the jump the shark element. Plus they've been setting it up quite well, it's not out of the blue at all so you gotta just love it.English ginger needs a constant, and since she's already been to the island before this trip, she should be able to find one easily. Daniel needs to stop being a puss and help her find one.Wouldn't miss her if she died though. Pasty annoying chick quota is already met w/ Juliet IMO. I don't need the both of them.And to earlier poster, yes, Sawyer and Juilet's going to happen. I agree though I don't like it.