.5/1 3 handed home gameWe had been playing 6-8 players the whole night but the game just broke up a bit ago.I struggle with hands like this and would like to learn how to maximize value better.StacksHero (250)Button (200)Hero dealt 9h7h in the sbButton raises to 3, hero calls, bb foldsFlop (2 players, $7)6 8 10rHero?First off what is the best play on the flop and how do we plan out the hand to get the most out of it.A few things to note:If I check the button will bet 90 or more percent of the time.He wouldn't expect me to c/r unless I had a good hand, probably top pair or better or a big draw.I rarely bet out into the preflop raiser.Button is very lagI usually play big hands pretty fast, I slowplay less than the average player.

I would normally lead here. However...with stacks that deep and the villain that is that aggressive (c-betting 90%) I do like the check/raise, because you wanna build this pot as big as you can, as fast as you can.

From what you say about villain, I like a ch/r. If he's got nothing you get one more bet from him.If he's prone to raising a weak or not so weak flop lead, you could try the lead flop, ch/r turn line.Do you ever ch/r w/ air ? Do you ever bluff ? How would you play a draw or top pair ? All those factors matter. How does villain see you as a player ?

From what you say about villain, I like a ch/r. If he's got nothing you get one more bet from him.If he's prone to raising a weak or not so weak flop lead, you could try the lead flop, ch/r turn line.Do you ever ch/r w/ air ? Do you ever bluff ? How would you play a draw or top pair ? All those factors matter. How does villain see you as a player ?
I never check raise bluffAgainst this guy I would play top pair a little slower because he is prone to keep betting if he feels that I am weak, I probabaly play a draw a little bit slower and don't check raise. I usually don't c/r with draws out of position especially against this player because he's capable of coming back over the top or putting more pressure on me on the turn. He sees me as a good player, we are the only two guys that have positive win rates in our home game. I play a lot of hands preflop but when the pot gets big post flop I have it almost every time. I am not a huge bluffer and don't get too out of line post flop.
alright so you rarely lead when you flop a big hand... and you never check raise bluff... are you seeing why you never build big pots with big hands.
maybe I need to make myself more clearbuilding a big pot when my opponent also flops something good is not that hard to doi am talking about the times when my opponent flops nothing or very little, what is the best line to take based on my tendencies to make him believe I have very little myself, to disguise the strength of my hand, and to have him put in chips he otherwise wouldn'tperhaps your answer remains the same

based on the info you give i think this is a great time to c/c...since you don't usually bet into the pf raiser, you are playing your hand just like you would have if you missed the flop completely, and the button will probably bet for you...assuming he bets, if he knows that you don't slowplay much, this is a perfect spot to change up your play and slowplay it, since you have no flush draws to dodge and may have him drawing dead if he missed completely, in which case you give him a chance to bluff off some more money, at which point you can put the hammer downand also, if you get to show the hand down, it may confuse your opponent and make him believe that you may be slowplaying your big hands more often, and then you can shift back to your usual style and possibly make more money by c/r or leading your big hands

maybe I need to make myself more clearbuilding a big pot when my opponent also flops something good is not that hard to do
I am just saying i think your hand might be a lot more hidden if you lead with a wide range of hands, one time you should check raise as a bluff and show it. I bet you will get more action next time.With your reads the only play is to check raise. Since this is three handed too you could go for the call call and then bet big on the river, I don't think that is the best play unless you are sure he will fire two bullets.
If he's prone to raising a weak or not so weak flop lead, you could try the lead flop, ch/r turn line.
I like this line against an unknown. Bet $5 or so and hope he raises you. If you lead out small he'll probably call with 2 good overs like AK or AQ or raise with an overpair. If he has a small pair or total air you might get a little out of him on the flop but he's probably going to shut down on the turn if he has nothing. Unless he's a maniac you're just not going to win a big pot unless he has a big hand, that's why I like leading out on the flop.
.5/1 3 handed home gameWe had been playing 6-8 players the whole night but the game just broke up a bit ago.I struggle with hands like this and would like to learn how to maximize value better.StacksHero (250)Button (200)Hero dealt 9h7h in the sbButton raises to 3, hero calls, bb foldsFlop (2 players, $7)6 8 10rHero?First off what is the best play on the flop and how do we plan out the hand to get the most out of it.A few things to note:If I check the button will bet 90 or more percent of the time.He wouldn't expect me to c/r unless I had a good hand, probably top pair or better or a big draw.I rarely bet out into the preflop raiser.Button is very lagI usually play big hands pretty fast, I slowplay less than the average player.
You need to establish "chip flow" into this pot. Go ahead and lead 5 or so . .. since you're HU, the villain could play it pretty loose.EDIT: now I read the rest of the posts. A flop check raise is really bad here. I don't mind the check call. If villain looks like he's going to fire again on this turn, I might let him.
You need to establish "chip flow" into this pot. Go ahead and lead 5 or so . .. since you're HU, the villain could play it pretty loose.EDIT: now I read the rest of the posts. A flop check raise is really bad here. I don't mind the check call. If villain looks like he's going to fire again on this turn, I might let him.
c/r raise is the best way to go here against an aggressive opponent. Obv they are going to be able to get money in the pot if the villain also has a big hand, however with stacks that deep it will be difficult to build >$100 pot by just betting each street. Also, most of the time when the villain does not have a hand here, we still get some value out of our hand.And lastly, against an extremely aggressive opponent a c/r can get him to slow down a little bit in the future.
c/r raise is the best way to go here against an aggressive opponent. Obv they are going to be able to get money in the pot if the villain also has a big hand, however with stacks that deep it will be difficult to build >$100 pot by just betting each street. Also, most of the time when the villain does not have a hand here, we still get some value out of our hand.And lastly, against an extremely aggressive opponent a c/r can get him to slow down a little bit in the future.
Any aggressive villain is going to back off after being check-raised if he has air, unless he made a hand, in which case we're getting it in anyway. He might fire three bullets here with air if we don't check raise him. He wants every pot. If we check raise him, he's done. If he bets every flop and is pushing people around, let's let him think he just has to push us harder this time, then spring the trap when he's in too deep.