• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:22 PM

Ok so I have a fairly steady bb/100 of about 2.5-3 on the sites that have pt and around that on bodog though i dont have pt stats its been aroudn that...but right now after a week on stars im averaging -18bb/100.i have no freakin clue whats going on...none of my stats are any different except for won$ at sd which is a massive 36%...Im not one to say any site is rigged but wow this is crazy...im talkin comin up on a 200bb downswing for th epast 2 days
www.mattnxtc.blogspot.com

#2 screech

screech

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:26 PM

Mattnxtc said:

Ok so I have a fairly steady bb/100 of about 2.5-3 on the sites that have pt and around that on bodog though i dont have pt stats its been aroudn that...but right now after a week on stars im averaging -18bb/100.i have no freakin clue whats going on...none of my stats are any different except for won$ at sd which is a massive 36%...Im not one to say any site is rigged but wow this is crazy...im talkin comin up on a 200bb downswing for th epast 2 days
I heard stars was a rock garden. You may have to adjust your strategy a bit.Of course, it could just be variance. I find huge downswings are usually followed by even bigger upswings. It helps if you contact support and threaten to withdraw your funds. :wink:

#3 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:27 PM

iw as doing stars to get thier bonus...biggest mistake i ever made. Its relatively tight but people chase everything....I cant seem to hit 15 outers and they cant miss 2 and 3 outers...

#4 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

Inevitably Running Bad

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

TPMMASP
Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything.

#5 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:45 PM

Ok, you're screwed. Clear your bonus and get out quick. Once you start believing in the Stars myth you'll never win there.

#6 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

speedz99 said:

Ok, you're screwed. Clear your bonus and get out quick. Once you start believing in the Stars myth you'll never win there.
haha I dont believe that stars is rigged just that ive taken some sick sick beats. I guess its variance since i have been running good but man it hit like a train. i have had to drop down to mouse type numbers to somewhat right the ship. but yeah as soon as im don with the bonus im off the site...to many bad memories now

#7 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,419 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:40 PM

Sounds like my experience with Party.

#8 JLocke

JLocke

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Poker, computers, sports

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:34 AM

Is this your first down swing?

#9 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:50 AM

JLocke said:

Is this your first down swing?
shut up...no i over came the stars "curse" and was able to show a small profit of 1.25 BB haha...good thing i had the bonus so that it was worth my time. Stars has a whole different kind of fish...they are tight but stick to any pair all the way to the river. But yeah it was defaintly a battle against bad players and bad variance but hopefully when i head back to bodog the players will be better....cobalt what do you think of the players on bodog now? there more of them?

#10 Chief

Chief

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

nm brah what is going on with u? 8) im sorry to hear about your swings. :(generally if u play exactly opposite to how you were playing(eg: if you are playing soundly and losing lots of money you should switch to using a strictly crazy approach) you should be rakin in the dough and the broadsEDIT: SW SW SW SW SW SW SW

#11 Petoria

Petoria

Forum death metal enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
  • Interests:Boredom

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:51 PM

Chief said:

nm brah what is going on with u? 8) im sorry to hear about your swings. :(generally if u play exactly opposite to how you were playing(eg: if you are playing soundly and losing lots of money you should switch to using a strictly crazy approach) you should be rakin in the dough and the broads
Since you're new, I have no idea if you're being sarcastic or not.For future reference, put "(s/w)" if you are being sarcastic.If this is a serious comment, leave strategy immediately
The path
of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the
valley of darkness, for he is truly
his brother's keeper and the finder
of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those
who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

#12 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

Inevitably Running Bad

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

Petoria said:

Chief said:

nm brah what is going on with u? 8) im sorry to hear about your swings. :(generally if u play exactly opposite to how you were playing(eg: if you are playing soundly and losing lots of money you should switch to using a strictly crazy approach) you should be rakin in the dough and the broads
Since you're new, I have no idea if you're being sarcastic or not.For future reference, put "(s/w)" if you are being sarcastic.If this is a serious comment, leave strategy immediately
or you can fold KK preflop in a cash game getting 2:1
Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything.

#13 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,419 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:39 AM

Mattnxtc said:

cobalt what do you think of the players on bodog now? there more of them?
Eh. The NL players are just as terrible as always, and there are more of them. I've been crushing .50/1 NL for a month and a half now.As for Limit, I'm haven't really played on Bodog much. There seem to be a few more players, but not a lot more. I'm playing Limit on Royal Vegas and Party to build my rolls there...so Bodog has mostly been reserved for NL/PL.

#14 Chief

Chief

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

or you can fold KK preflop in a cash game getting 2:1
haha, owned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users