PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Bet The Pot)Preflop: Hero is BB with [As], [Qs]. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO raises, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.Flop: (12 SB) [8d], [Qc], [2d] (6 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 raises, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.Turn: (12 BB) [Ah] (4 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises, MP3 folds, Hero calls.River: (16 BB) [4s] (2 players)Hero bets, UTG+2 calls.Final Pot: 18 BBI put UTG+2 on a flush draw... As to why the turn re-raise never came was due to the PT discussion regarding post-flop aggression in my last hand thread. Should I let it affect my play like that or what?Edit: If the mods want to delete this thread, I understand...

Edit: If the mods want to delete this thread, I understand...
Why?3-bet preflop. As played, c/r the flop.3-bet the turn.What range of hands do you put him on? What does he have that is beating us?- Zach
Why?3-bet preflop. As played, c/r the flop.3-bet the turn.What range of hands do you put him on? What does he have that is beating us?- Zach
Is C/Rsing the flop wise?I know I should've 3-bet the turnAs for range of hands, I figured him for a high flush draw or maybe, maybe 2 pair.I offered the delete because this post is more about my misunderstanding the post-flop aggression info from PT and how it should affect my game...

c/r the flop assumes you';ll get a late pos bet. Since CO raised preflop, that's reasonable. THat was you'll face pocket pairs (which have implied odds to call one bet), guts shots, 8x, flush draws... etc, with two cold. When CO does not bet for you and its checked through, that blows.Generaly, someone bets.as Zach said, this is an easy 3-bet preflop.I don't think we have to 3-bet that turn though.i'm rusty

c/r the flop assumes you';ll get a late pos bet. Since CO raised preflop, that's reasonable. THat was you'll face pocket pairs (which have implied odds to call one bet), guts shots, 8x, flush draws... etc, with two cold. When CO does not bet for you and its checked through, that blows.Generaly, someone bets.as Zach said, this is an easy 3-bet preflop.I don't think we have to 3-bet that turn though.i'm rusty
Then you are c/r the river?
Then you are c/r the river?
nah.I like bet/call.I like getting 4 bets in here max betwen the turn and river(villans most likely holding seems to be Ad Xd; but I"m not sure against his entire range whethr a 3 bet is best, as we are committed to calling a cap and river bet..... the more I think about it, the more I see Ad Xd which has more combos than 22/88. But enough more ? ok, 3 bet turn)
You sold me.
you counter-sold me.check my post above.I'm for 3-betting the turn now.Ad Xd + Random two pairs has more combos than 88/22.if capped, we can c/c river to pick off missed flushes or lose less to sets.He'll bet if for us if he has a random 2 pair, so the b/f line could get us to fold the best hand and b/c pays off sets. Essentiall, I'm saying once ha caps the turn, I don't want to put two bets in on the river.
...this...is....2cent/4cent.Cap all streets.
really?if so I'm useless in these because I'll at least assume they play similar to .5/1.And I"m not capping the river in .5/1.Could be why I"m not playing LHE anymore.
really?if so I'm useless in these because I'll at least assume they play similar to .5/1.And I"m not capping the river in .5/1.Could be why I"m not playing LHE anymore.
I treat any limit seriously, no worries. I appreciate your input, Actuary
Unless told otherwise, assume that they don't even look at thier cards.
Took down like a 10BB pot with AKo UI versus 62o capped preflop by 3 players :club:
I lost a huge pot that way yesterday. AKo capped pre-flop 4 ways playing $1-$2 5 max.Flop looked to be glorious for me 7AA, I wet my pants I was so excited.Anyway to cut a long story short, it ended up heads up by the river where he showed 88 (River was an 8) Yes I know BBFIDTS :DIn the OP's scenario I would 3 bet the turn and check call the river if I put him on a flush draw/set.If I put him on 2 pair then obviously I would bet call the river.

I don't mean to be rude, or out of line here, but I really don't think you gain much by grinding it out at .02/.04 as far as experience, learning, building a roll goes.You would be much better served, IMO, if you just managed to come up with $150 and deposited that to play something like .25/.50, or even $300 for .5/1.Just my opinion. I mean, I know there are circumstances where that is not possible, but I really think toiling away in the penny limits is not the best use of your time. Of course, that all depends on your goals, etc.- Zach

I don't mean to be rude, or out of line here, but I really don't think you gain much by grinding it out at .02/.04 as far as experience, learning, building a roll goes.You would be much better served, IMO, if you just managed to come up with $150 and deposited that to play something like .25/.50, or even $300 for .5/1.Just my opinion. I mean, I know there are circumstances where that is not possible, but I really think toiling away in the penny limits is not the best use of your time. Of course, that all depends on your goals, etc.- Zach
I have a money order ready for $150, but it's a giant pain lol. *curses NY State for tracking his bank funds* I cant have $2k in the bank or they cut my SSI off :club:
I lost a huge pot that way yesterday. AKo capped pre-flop 4 ways playing $1-$2 5 max.Flop looked to be glorious for me 7AA, I wet my pants I was so excited.Anyway to cut a long story short, it ended up heads up by the river where he showed 88 (River was an 8) Yes I know BBFIDTS :DIn the OP's scenario I would 3 bet the turn and check call the river if I put him on a flush draw/set.If I put him on 2 pair then obviously I would bet call the river.
BBFIDTS?
Ah... Knew it was an acronym :club:
and I apologise for mini-hijacking your thread as well :)good luck with improving your game, the only way is up as they say -except if you are referring to bankroll (variance has a nasty habit of making that go down :D)
how are you any different than the 5/10 guys who told us .5/1 was a waste of time because all they do is chase?
Meh, just my opinion. I just think the net utility of playing .5/1 or .25/.50 is greater than trying to build from .02/.04. Changes for each person though.
Meh, just my opinion. I just think the net utility of playing .5/1 or .25/.50 is greater than trying to build from .02/.04. Changes for each person though.
I thought how at 5 BB/100 after 100,000 hands of 2c/4c one would have $200.tha'ts a lot of wel played poker for only $200 to show for it.then, I recalled that A.H. is moving up as he hits various $$ amounts, and thus won't have to play forever at 2c/4c.if we take a 4 BB WR (reasonable at these stakes) and levels of 4c - 10c - 20c - 50c BigBets, then it would take 45k hands to have $300. I like the idea.so there!
I thought how at 5 BB/100 after 100,000 hands of 2c/4c one would have $200.tha'ts a lot of wel played poker for only $200 to show for it.then, I recalled that A.H. is moving up as he hits various $$ amounts, and thus won't have to play forever at 2c/4c.if we take a 4 BB WR (reasonable at these stakes) and levels of 4c - 10c - 20c - 50c BigBets, then it would take 45k hands to have $300. I like the idea.so there!
I would kill myself if it took me 45k hands to make $300.