Are these hands really profitable? i used to try to limp these from most positions but i am rethinking that idea especially from ep Do yall think they can profitable be played from ep?

Guest Zach6668
Are these hands really profitable? i used to try to limp these from most positions but i am rethinking that idea especially from ep  Do yall think they can profitable be played from ep?
I doubt it.Assuming 1 < x < 9, according to my PT stats, I'm losing money on them, or I'm up a small amount. Of course, they can be profitable in the right situations. You will need to know that the table is INCREDIBLY passive to limp with them from EP. You need like 6 to the flop, unraised for them to be profitable, IMO. If you can acheive that, then limp away.Zach
Are these hands really profitable? i used to try to limp these from most positions but i am rethinking that idea especially from ep  Do yall think they can profitable be played from ep?
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Especially since I've started tightening up my 6-max play. I used to raise with any Axs hand in EP in six-max. Now I fold teh weak ones. Most of this has to do with the fact that 6-max players call their blinds a lot more liberally.I used to mindlessly limp from EP in full ring games with these hands. Now I'm starting to adjust to the tightness of the table and how well the other players play. I'd limp A7s and up. Why? I don't know. The difference between 6 and 7 seems to be a huge mental barrier for me.

screechi agree...i was mindlessly limping them also.. then i hit my ace only to get outkicked by soembody from late position. a10s is now about where i draw the line from ep and from mp maybe a9s (like u its just some mental barrier). But I have had to continually tell myself to fold those hands b/c i just dont see them as winning cards from ep

screechi agree...i was mindlessly limping them also.. then i hit my ace only to get outkicked by soembody from late position. a10s is now about where i draw the line from ep and from mp maybe a9s (like u its just some mental barrier). But I have had to continually tell myself to fold those hands b/c i just dont see them as winning cards from ep
Not only that, but you don't get much action when you hit an ace unless you're beat. I blame SSHE. Actually, I blame myself for not thinking enough about the underlying concepts. The truth is, I just don't see 4-5 players seeing the flop anymore. I failed to adjust.
The truth is, I just don't see 4-5 players seeing the flop anymore. I failed to adjust.
Yeah, when people started raising behind me and limiting the size of the pot, limping Axs became bad. I limp as the 2nd (sometimes) or 3rd (usually) person in when I'm in MP or LP. I don't have any numbers for you, but if the game is playing reasonable, it's tough to get value out of these hands. At 1/2 (and 2/4, maybe, though I'm not sure how 2/4 plays anymore) it could be VERY profitable if the game is passive enough. WangPS- Sometimes I'll open limp A5s UTG, just because I feel like it. I'm a horrible, horrible player

haha that wasnt my quote shimmeringat least im not the only one feeling this way and yes i blame sshe too haha. I never thought about really until now and i just dont think i can play them profitably from ep

The difference between 6 and 7 seems to be a huge mental barrier for me.
I have the same barrier between 5 and 6, but then I only have 1 thumb on each hand...

I like to limp with any Ax suiited. If its not suited, i think A10 is the cutoff. I think, most people play ace suited, for the possiblity of hitting the nut flush. If someone else is playing the Ace offsuit, chances are they r playing it bc it is an A10, or higher.Even with A10, im kind of skeptical, but will call down if the board isnt scary. I run into alot of people playing middle pair when there is an ace on the board, trying to represent the Ace. However, if there is a pre-flop raise and I wind up being in the hand with an Ax, and an ace comes on the board and the raiser leads out betting, There is a very small chance that I have the person Outkicked with my weak Ace. I will try to see the turn as cheap as possible to see if i can land two pair, if not i am getting out of the hand. is this a poor/decent strategy.

I don't see 4-5 players to the flop nearly enough to justify limping with these hands. OTOH, a case can be made for raising with them (even in EP) in this post-SSHE world where most of us will fold a better hand to a raise...I'm starting to really rethink the SSHE-esque pre-flop strategies since that seems to be what everyone is playing.*Jeff * Or perhaps I should just practice better game selection.

game selection is harder nowadays b/c of the party split
Two words:Six max.
yepEventaully that will have more sharks; but as many have sadi, there's lots of donks there now. Abbracadabbra put it best : LAG burnouts.I want so badly to play every table like its the loose/paasive ones in SSHE; and have recently been resisting. Such as folding QJ in CO because on 2 are in so far...... Not 0pen limping A4s from UTG+2 should also be added...I jsut like playing 22+%. So perhaps more steals!I'll tend to paly more hands when I'm multi-tabling .5/1 in order to paractice post flop play, while risking less $$$

this is getting crazy but i've been thinking alot about this lately too.@ lower limits like .50/1.00 and 1/2 i found the play a lot more loose passive. (an ideal game for playing axs)but once i hit 2/4 most games are just aggressive to get away with this. i mostly do it now based on the table. a table with a vpip of 30 or greater and a pfr % below 7 and i start adding in some limps with axs.

one thing you shouldn't do is open limp with Axs from MP in ring games. I'll raise or fold and lower my raising standards as the players behind me become tighter.I fold lots of Axs hands from EP, even in six max.edit: BTW, also not a good idea to open limp from MP with other hands.

My general rule is, if you successfully limp, and many players are doing it, limp with Axs. If its a loose aggressive game, call, even to raises. However, that is with people who have called or will call behind the raise.Basically as it was stated before, Axs is profitable in big multiway pots.

However, if there is a pre-flop raise and I wind up being in the hand with an Ax, and an ace comes on the board and the raiser leads out betting, There is a very small chance that I have the person Outkicked with my weak Ace. I will try to see the turn as cheap as possible to see if i can land two pair, if not i am getting out of the hand. is this a poor/decent strategy.
You wind up in the hand by cold calling a raise with Ax. This is poor strategy. You call a flop bet by the original raiser assuming your beat hoping to catch 1 of your 3 outs, this is why it's poor. This is a fold preflop IMO.
However, if there is a pre-flop raise and I wind up being in the hand with an Ax, and an ace comes on the board and the raiser leads out betting, There is  a very small chance that I have the person Outkicked with my weak Ace. I will try to see the turn as cheap as possible to see if i can land two pair, if not i am getting out of the hand.  is this a poor/decent strategy.
You wind up in the hand by cold calling a raise with Ax. This is poor strategy. You call a flop bet by the original raiser assuming your beat hoping to catch 1 of your 3 outs, this is why it's poor. This is a fold preflop IMO.
Seems to me like he means he limps/calls, as opposed to calling 2 cold. A little weird because his post kinda implies that the flop-bet came from his right.But I don't think he was suggesting he calls 2 with A3sWang