Spades Conference

Clinched division:Demented AvengersTeam CanadaZimmerClinched playoff spotLooshle's losersKings in the holeEliminatedKielbasy Possefinal wildcard spotOh you call I call? can clinch the final playoff spot with a win this week and next week, or with a win in either week and a Yangsters lossYangsters can clinch the final playoff spot with a win next week AND Oh you call, I call? loss in week 15A yangsters win in week 15, combined with you call loss in week 14, plus a you call win in week 15 will result in a one game playoffAll other teams will be eliminated if either the Yangsters or Oh you call, I call? win any remaining game.Fowler divisionLooshle's losers can clinch division with a win in week 15kings in the hole can clinch division with a win in week 15 combined with a Looshle's losers loss.number 1 seedDemented will clinch number 1 seed with a win and a team canada loss in either week 14 or 15.A Demented win combined with 2 team canada wins would result in a 1 game playoff. A demented, looshle, kings and 2 team canada wins will result in my heading to the drugstore for Aspirin.There are a few other combinations out there, I know I may have missed a couple small ones...........more details following the conclusion of week 14That is about it for the Spades conference.............currently, I am not going into the details about the other teams since a lot has to happen with the remaining week 14 games for them to have a chance.I am working on the Hearts Conference now so be patient.

number 1 seedTeam Canada can clinch number 1 seed with a win in week 14 and 15Looshle's Losers can clinch number 1 seed with a win in week 15, and a Team Canada loss in weeks 14 and 15Kings in the Hole can clinch number 1 seed with a win in week 15, combined with a Looshle's losers loss in week 15, plus Team Canada Losses in weeks 14 and 15.A one game playoff for top seed will occur between Looshle's losers and Team Canada if Looshle's losers win in week 15 AND team Canada loses in EITHER week 14 or 15A one game playoff for top seed will occur between Kings in the Hole and Team Canada if Kings in the hole win in week 15, AND Looshle's losers lose AND team Canada loses in either week 14 or 15.
I don't understand why Demented Avengers has no chance to clinch the number one seed, given that with a win in week 15 we would be at worst tied for overall best record in our conference, and we would at worst be tied with Team Canada for best Conference record, one game ahead of Looshle's Losers.
A one game playoff for top seed will occur between Looshle's losers and Team Canada if Looshle's losers win in week 15 AND team Canada loses in EITHER week 14 or 15
Darrell,I'm confused as to why a playoff would occur in the instance written above.I beat GrinderMJ (of Looshle's) during the season so wouldn't we be the number team? Head-to-head is the number one tie breaking factor right?
I don't understand why Demented Avengers has no chance to clinch the number one seed, given that with a win in week 15 we would be at worst tied for overall best record in our conference, and we would at worst be tied with Team Canada for best Conference record, one game ahead of Looshle's Losers.
Actually you are correct, I missed that team.............Demented will clinch number 1 seed with a win and a team canada loss in either week 14 or 15.A Demented win combined with 2 team canada wins would result in a 1 game playoff. A demented, looshle, kings and 2 team canada wins will result in my heading to the drugstore for Aspirin.There are a few other combinations out there, I know I may have missed a couple small ones...........more details following the conclusion of week 14
Darrell,I'm confused as to why a playoff would occur in the instance written above.I beat GrinderMJ (of Looshle's) during the season so wouldn't we be the number team? Head-to-head is the number one tie breaking factor right?
ya nevermind.........I think I ****ed up a couple things here lol...........let me do some edits.
Actually you are correct, I missed that team.............Demented will clinch number 1 seed with a win and a team canada loss in either week 14 or 15.A Demented win combined with 2 team canada wins would result in a 1 game playoff. A demented, looshle, kings and 2 team canada wins will result in my heading to the drugstore for Aspirin.There are a few other combinations out there, I know I may have missed a couple small ones...........more details following the conclusion of week 14ya nevermind.........I think I ****ed up a couple things here lol...........let me do some edits.
better yet wait till after week 15...its too damn confusing!

what's the list of tiebreakers again? i'm reasonably sure that if we win out and oh you call loses one game, then we have a tiebreaker situation, but not entirely. but yeah, we'll just win out and then figure things out later.

what's the list of tiebreakers again? i'm reasonably sure that if we win out and oh you call loses one game, then we have a tiebreaker situation, but not entirely. but yeah, we'll just win out and then figure things out later.
you're going to make darrel's head explode!
if you win next week and demented avengers win then you are tied - you have not faced each other and will have the same conference record.
if you win next week and demented avengers win then you are tied - you have not faced each other and will have the same conference record.
that's what i thought. thx, darrell.edit: **** that, nevermind. another 70+%-er, down the tubes.
I'm an idiot, what do Looshle's Losers have to do to win best record? Is it a possibility?
You'd need TC and DA to both lose their week 15 matches and you to win for it to be a possibility.
A demented, looshle, kings and 2 team canada wins will result in my heading to the drugstore for Aspirin.
Demented plays Team Canada for the Number 1 and 2 seeds.Looshle gets the 3 seed.Kings get the 5 seed.*asprin averted*

Well things are definently interesting now in the Spades conference 6th seed. If I've got this right it looks like a four way tie for the last wildcard spotDa Bears 7-7Yangsters 7-7Oh You Call I call 7-7and either Cheap Shot Artists or Drawin' Dead at 7-7 Now I'm not real sure from here and I'll guess we'll have to wait and see butI know we have the head to head against CSA and Oh You Call I call but we've never faced Yangsters.And we (Da Bears) have the same division record and conference record as YangstersWith us playing division rival Beerains and Yangsters playing division rival Checky and Friends. What happens if we both win? And if we win and they lose are we in?Or have I screwed this up somewhere?That was assuming CSA wins this week (week 14) but even if Drawin' Dead wins we've never played them either but have the tiebreaker in division record on them so it's still the same right? Sorry but I think I have this right and wanted to make sure.

stuff
The first tiebreaker will eliminate divisional teams. You can't have 2 teams in the same division in the tiebreaker. So this will leave 3 teams.With the 3 way tie, the first tiebreaker is conference record.You all have the same conference record. This does not help.The next tiebreaker is common opponents. With 3 people, common opponents won't likely happen.So it would be likely that there would be a round robin tourney to play into the playoffs.
The first tiebreaker will eliminate divisional teams. You can't have 2 teams in the same division in the tiebreaker. So this will leave 3 teams.With the 3 way tie, the first tiebreaker is conference record.You all have the same conference record. This does not help.The next tiebreaker is common opponents. With 3 people, common opponents won't likely happen.So it would be likely that there would be a round robin tourney to play into the playoffs.
On the first one I wasn't aware that you can't have 2 teams in the same division in the tiebreaker but either way we have the head to head on CSA and if Drawin Dead wins Oh you Call I call has got the head to head on them. Now if this is correct then that leavesDa bears Yangsters Oh You call I callSo my question basically was don't we then eliminate Oh You Call I call with head to head and pair off against Yangsters?P.S. I thought the tiebreakers were head to head, then Division record, then conference. Where does it say common opponents come in?
more stuff
The way tiebreakers are determined are as such-Divisional tiebreakers are established in the rules.Wildcard tiebreakers are as follows:Do all divisional tiebreakers so only one team from each applicable division is left.Next tiebreaker is head to head. If there are more than 2 teams, one team has to have swept all of the other teams.Next tiebreaker is conference record.Next tiebreaker is record among common opponents.If multiple teams are still tied, a play in round will occur (HU for 2 teams, round robin for 3+ teams).
The way tiebreakers are determined are as such-Divisional tiebreakers are established in the rules.Wildcard tiebreakers are as follows:Do all divisional tiebreakers so only one team from each applicable division is left.Next tiebreaker is head to head. If there are more than 2 teams, one team has to have swept all of the other teams.Next tiebreaker is conference record.Next tiebreaker is record among common opponents.If multiple teams are still tied, a play in round will occur (HU for 2 teams, round robin for 3+ teams).
Thanks Bizzle I just saw this threadhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...p;#entry1182003Now I just need to figure out common opponents or just wait till next week is over
Thanks Bizzle I just saw this threadhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...p;#entry1182003Now I just need to figure out common opponents or just wait till next week is over
Pointless to do right now, especially since there is so much that has yet to happen.You should be rooting for CSA since you hold the divisional tiebreaker over them.
Pointless to do right now, especially since there is so much that has yet to happen.You should be rooting for CSA since you hold the divisional tiebreaker over them.
Yeah but Oh you call I call has the tie breaker over Drawin Dead with the head to head and Divisional record so it doesn't matter