What Would Small Ball Suggest About Ak Out Of Position?

So, if I am in the big blind with a deep stack and someone in position raises x3, what is the better play according to small ball? Simply call the raise, or re raise? The reason I am asking is because while the point of small ball is to win small pots, AK value goes down significantly after the flop, especially out of position. Thoughts?

Call.Then check-call any reasonable bet on any flop.From turn on, play according to board cards and read on opponent.
call depending on villains opening range of course and how he tends to play postflop. The idea of small ball it to let the villain bet at us way too much and exploit that. It lets us rep a lot weaker hands. The problem with small ball is that the lines may become slightly harder to play correctly unless you have a good postflop game. If you are asking this question, i would play more longball and learn some postflop BEFORE you try and play small ball bc we will play much more postflop and if that is a weakness we need to not increase the likelihood of us misplaying the hand, make any sense? I know this is vague, but i hope it helps