Rush Poker Strategery

Just wondering if there is any interest in a thread devoted to discussing Rush Poker strategy. I tried it for the first time tonight and found it surprisingly enjoyable (and quickly profitable).

I am interested, but i think it stems on what is the majorty of players doin. and just combat that style.thats all.To say, wait for aces.. or steal blinds, or whatever is pointless. because you are always up against randoms often with zero reads, so until the `whole` of Rush poker gets stereotyped as nitty, or laggy, thats when you develop a strat to combat it

for 6handed play; rush is more nitty. people can fold more marginal pf hands cuz they got another one coming and can "find a better spot"i'd say you get slightly more respect with an utg raise at rush, and slightly less respect with a button raise with rush, than normal.id also guess 3betting is less likely at rush, due to the less reads on people

i aslo expect the game to be easier in rush, due to the non-ability of cheating. by cheating im refering to statkeeping software

i aslo expect the game to be easier in rush, due to the non-ability of cheating. by cheating im refering to statkeeping software
teeeee heeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeee

They are never shoving without the nuts. Full ring is looking super nitty. No one gets bored and decided to play a marginal hand because there is no down time between hands.

They are never shoving without the nuts. Full ring is looking super nitty. No one gets bored and decided to play a marginal hand because there is no down time between hands.
Depends on your limits. At 10nl fish still shove lightly w/out the nuts. Like yesterday I had AA on a K8499r board, had bet twice when checked to, and the dude just open shoved with KQ for 100 more bbsI'll say this though, that the players are definitely very tight preflop. I can look at my HH and see a constant stream of pots of these sizes,0.450.450.700.80$1.200.60and then a whopping$21.67oh, aces against kings.

It's not surprising at all, most players have adopted the "wait for big hands" strategy. What I saw during the little time that I played was:1) Folds to LP, LP raises, everyone folds2) Folds to LP, LP raises, a caller or two, LP continuation bets, opposition foldsAnd every so often:3) Folds to LP, LP raises, a caller or two, stacks go in on the flop, players show set vs TPTK or something similar.

Hello,In Rush Poker, when you fold a hand, you are instantly moved to another table and dealt a new hand. The results is a constant stream of poker hands, resulting in hand per hour rates as high as 300 hands per hour for a single table of poker.I like this strategy.
I know you're new, so I'm not gonna go off too hard, but this post made me want to punch something.

It's definitely a much taggier game than regular micro NLHE. Very little limping, lots of preflop raising, more 3-betting than usual (although perhaps it just seems that way because of the larger volume of hands we see). And without the ability to develop reads you basically have to assume everyone is a decent TAG and play accordingly. You can't run over the tables with laggy play because of the frequency of blind defense and 3-betting.So my basic strategy is to play a solid TAG game. Very tight up front, a bit laggier in LP but fold when someone plays back if I'm stealing. 3-bet preflop for value. Set-mining is very profitable. Lots of continuation betting postflop but give opponents credit for hands they represent. I also play an exploitable game with my raise sizes, raising smaller with the lower end of my range and making smaller CB's with missed hands, since nobody can develop reads based on my bets/raises.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this game today and figured out this, if you bet EVERY SINGLE HAND when it's folded to you, it can become very profitable over time. People play very tight and very longball-ish, so our goal is to steal a shitload of blinds and take it down postflop. I'd say 2/3 of the time it works, and the other 1/3 you fold on flop or hit the nuts with your garbage, and since you're new at the table and nobody knows you they won't credit you for 62 on a 345 flop.When betting with AK from position, the only thing that will pay you off big is hands with the same strength such as KK and AA. These are the situation we want to avoid so by playing aggresive-passive we can control the game quite easy.Also, when getting deeper, from time to time, try to 4bet because there are people doing this already and they will show no resistance when you raise their bet because they will usually credit you for a very strong hand.This is the way I see the game, it doesn't really matter what your two cards is because you won't get paid by anything but monsters because everyone's so extremely tight and nitty, and then you will most likely end up giving them a buy-in or two.

I'm learning not to drive marginal hands because there are so many calling stations in this game. I'm not seeing as much nittiness as I did at the beginning. Sure, I can steal a decent number of small pots with raises and if necessary CBs, but there is also a lot of blind defense going on. The game is very passive, however. Most players like to just call down so you can't push them off hands.In short, drive big hands for value but avoid creating big pots in marginal spots. I have to keep remembering that my image is almost entirely irrelevant in Rush so I don't need to worry about balancing the range of hands I push hard, or playing hands the same way in position as out of position, etc. For example, if I open-raise in middle position with 66 and get a caller in LP, there is nothing wrong with playing set-it-or-forget-it and check-folding postflop (or trying to take it with a half-pot CB and giving up if called).

Well I'd say the 3-betting strategy has caught on in Rush. I dropped down to the 5NL tables now that they're available and in my session today I got 3-bet the first 4 times I raised, twice by the SB and twice by the Button.