Two $1500 Wsop Seats + $700 Ea Travel Expenses - Fcp Series

So I think I will give this a shot and see where the interest goes, this comes from my other 'help me develop an idea' thread ......I don't mean to offend anyone here, but if I dont know you or know someone that can vouch for you then I'm probably not going to accept you signing up for this just the same as if you don't know me then I don't expect you to sign up for this since it involves transferring money to me.Here is the idea:I have taken a lot of my original idea and modified it according to some of the feedback given here:$2200 prize pool to be awarded for $1500 WSOP event plus $700 travel expenses20 people, $10+1 buyin, 11 weeks. To be held via password protected private pokerstars tourny on Sunday evenings.Each person must commit to at least register for all 11 weeks for proper prizepool purposes. If they cant play that week that can register and blind out.Everyone will be allowed to drop their worst finish which would take 10 tournaments into account for points distribution.Points distributed based on Pokerstars formula for 20 man tourny ... 90, 64, 52, 45, 40, 37, 34, 32, 30, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, 22, 22, 21, 21, 20 20 man tourny will pay 3 spots each week, $100, $60, $40 and at the end of each weeks tournament the 3 winners agree to transfer the entire portion to me (this sounds like an awesome scam actually).At the end of 11 weeks the person with the most points wins the $2200 package and MUST play in one of the $1500 events of their choice.I like the idea of everyone that has participated getting some sort of rooting interest so everyone will get a percentage stake in the winner.Winner gets 50% of whatever PROFIT they win (example: cash for $2500 then they would keep $2000 and the other $500 would be distributed to the other stakeholders).Stake % may still need to be tweaked, but first thought was 1st 50%, 2nd 11%, 3rd 8%, 4th 6%, 5th 5%, 6th 4$, 7th 3%, 8th 2.5%, 9th 2%, 10-15 1%, 16-20 0.5%Results would be updated every week on a centralized website that I could run similiar to the negreanu open so everyone will know where they stand each week.I also like the idea of making the prize pool a little bigger and letting people keep some weekly cash, but I think that may be a Phase II type trial. My biggest concern is for people who mathematically get eliminated wanting to continue to buyin as I'm not sure if the stake % is enough incentive. I guess it would be all about picking the right people to be on board.Series will start Sunday February 8th, Every tourny will be held at 7 PM EST. Last tournament will be held on Sunday April 19th. Last year the series started at the end of May so should give a full month or so for being to make arraingments.EDIT - just noticed Easter is on April 12th so we may skip that week and run the series through the 26th.Do not sign up if you do not plan on playing all 11 tournamentsDo not sign up if you are not 21Do not sign up if you are not able to goto Las Vegas and playAlso, once again if I dont know you or know someone that can vouch for you then I'm probably not going to accept you signing up for this just the same as if you don't know me then I don't expect you to sign up for this since it involves transferring money to me.EDIT - BECAUSE FCP BOB IS BRILLIANT - IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS YOU WILL SHIP HALF OF THE TOTAL ENTRY FEE UP FRONT ($55) TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE COMMITTED TO THIS AND WE WILL PLAY 11 $5.50 TOURNIES INSTEAD OF 11 $11 TOURNEYS. THIS WILL ALSO SAVE EACH PERSON A TOTAL OF $5.50 IN TOTAL RAKE. IF YOUR NAME IS ON THE CONFIRMED INTEREST LIST BELOW SHIP $55 TO dna4ever ON POKERSTARS AND MAKE A POST IN THIS THREAD THAT YOU HAVE SHIPPED, I WILL QUOTE YOUR POST AND CONFIRM WHEN RECEIVED SO EVERYONE HAS A RECORDConfirmed Interest List:1) dna4ever - Initial $55 Received2) dscoot - Initial $55 Received3) HubDub04 - Initial $55 Received4) Suited_Up - Initial $55 Received5) WhatARunAA - Initial $55 Received6) outsider13 - Initial $55 Received7) Naked_Cowboy - Initial $55 Received8) Vick12 - Initial $55 Received9) cubsfan44 - Initial $55 Received10) seacucumber - Initial $55 Received11) Sam_Hard8 - Initial $55 Received12) chgocubs99 - Initial $55 Received13) dreamcaster - Initial $55 Received14) noflukeluke - Received Full $110 ($55 back at end of series)15) PocketAcesA5 - Received Full $110 ($55 back at end of series) - (Shipped Back $44 on 04/05/09 - $11 due back at end of series)16) cdipierr - Received Full $110 ($55 back at end of series)17) mtdesmoines - Initial $55 Received18) Larons - Initial $55 Received19) GWCGWC - Initial $55 Received20) Moneyball16 - Initial $55 ReceivedEDIT - DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE I AM OPENING THIS UP TO 40 SPOTS AND TWO $2200 PACKAGES WILL BE UP FOR GRABS INSTEAD OF ONE21) Rdog - Initial $55 Received22) gary21212121 - Initial $55 Received23) Allie - Initial $55 Received24) Poppy_Hillis - Initial $55 Received25) SilentButDeadly3 - Initial $55 Received26) gobears - Initial $55 Received27) Canuckickstan- Initial $55 Received28) Mr. Sparco - Initial $55 Received29) Vtlaxer09 - Initial $55 Received30) checkymcfold - Initial $55 Received31) vvganeshavv - Initial $55 Received32) Wandigo- Initial $55 Received33) deadlysyns - Received Full $110 ($55 back at end of series)34) TB17 - Initial $55 Received35) weishan14 - Initial $55 Received36) tall0n - Initial $55 Received37) Billy - Initial $55 Received38) Randy Reed - Initial $55 Received39) no not baxter - Initial $55 Received40) TrueAce13 - Initial $55 ReceivedAlternates List1) OMGFluffDogInterested ListZach6668Napa DonMercury69rcgs59

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a $1500 buyin event (of which there will apparently be less this year...), meh.Also, I can see potential issue in getting people to ship you the winnings when it's the last week or whatever and they have no chance at all of getting the package, but take down the tourney.What did the group get off Zach's 11th place finish last year?oh, and lol to the "if you can't make it one week, register and get blinded out". I'd be pretty pissed if I did make it that week and ended up getting a lower spot than a guy who didn't bother to show up.

What did the group get off Zach's 11th place finish last year?
Everyone who played in the FCP satellite got 1%. I think there was 30ish people?I might be interested in this, but I don't know if I'm reliable enough to ensure that I'll be awake on Sunday evenings.
For a $1500 buyin event (of which there will apparently be less this year...), meh.Also, I can see potential issue in getting people to ship you the winnings when it's the last week or whatever and they have no chance at all of getting the package, but take down the tourney.What did the group get off Zach's 11th place finish last year?oh, and lol to the "if you can't make it one week, register and get blinded out". I'd be pretty pissed if I did make it that week and ended up getting a lower spot than a guy who didn't bother to show up.
Sounds like this may not be for you, no way to make this work for everyone and this is my first attempt at putting something like this together so I'm sure there are flaws.I agree with the biggest issue being towards the end people that have no chance to win the seat not wanting to play or buyin. If this ends up falling a part at the end we will have records of who won what each week and as a worst case scenario we ship money back to those that won each week or everyone remaining involved renegotiates. I hope this never becomes an issue because if you are on the list you are committing to the full $110 investment and if you back out then you will be shamed for life.Regarding the registering and blinding part that is the only way I know to do it to get all the money in the prizepool. If you can't beat someone that is sitting out then I guess you may not be the best horse in the $1500 wsop seat :club:
We all got a little over a hundred if I remeber right.Count me in DNA
Everyone who played in the FCP satellite got 1%. I think there was 30ish people?I might be interested in this, but I don't know if I'm reliable enough to ensure that I'll be awake on Sunday evenings.
I think he meant how much specifically... but maybe not. (I don't even remember myself)But yeah, the fact it's on sunday kinda sucks for me too, weekdays I usually know I'll be home.
I think he meant how much specifically... but maybe not. (I don't even remember myself)But yeah, the fact it's on sunday kinda sucks for me too, weekdays I usually know I'll be home.
Ok, yeah. My post tax winnings were like 9700 or something, so I shipped 1% of that.
I think he meant how much specifically... but maybe not. (I don't even remember myself)But yeah, the fact it's on sunday kinda sucks for me too, weekdays I usually know I'll be home.Ok, yeah. My post tax winnings were like 9700 or something, so I shipped 1% of that.
LOL. (Zach sucks at quoting with mod powers)
I'd agree, but that's a lot of transferring.
As long as everyone that gets in is trustworthy then I dont care, but if there is a question about anyone that is in then they should escrow
I say escrow the $110 btw. Then whoever holds the moola (dna?) can ship $11 back before the start of each tourney
Actually $121 counting rake and I agree this is the most full proof way to insure this thing happens through the end, but shipping 20 people $11 every week and expecting them to register is not much different then having them do it themselves. Again, all about the people who sign up. If I know them then thats a good starting point and if they want to wreck their online reputation for $100 or whatever then that would just be a shame. I've seen what happens to people who screw FCPers on here and it never ends pretty.
I hate the fact that the person that plays it has to give 50 percent away.. I think 25 percent of profit to the players that played is more then plenty.. its like a free sweat at a potentially nice score.
I'm up for negotiating this point, but I like the progressive stake holder % based on points finish versus a flat 1% or whatever since it gives people a continued interest to play well in the later weeks.
I'm up for negotiating this point, but I like the progressive stake holder % based on points finish versus a flat 1% or whatever since it gives people a continued interest to play well in the later weeks.
Ditto.
yea like give out 30 percent or somethig total.. and whoever did the best in the league gets the most percentage points.
I hate the fact that the person that plays it has to give 50 percent away.. I think 25 percent of profit to the players that played is more then plenty.. its like a free sweat at a potentially nice score.
Agreed 100%. WSOP events in general are grueling and to have to give 50% away because you WON the seat in what is essentially a satellite seems high. If you were backed in the event that's different, but keep in mind, the winner of the seat OUT PERFORMED everyone else in the competition to earn the seat and I think that person should be able to keep more of his/her winnings.
yea like give out 30 percent or somethig total.. and whoever did the best in the league gets the most percentage points.
Id rather it be less then 50% also, but Ill go with whatever is decided
Agreed 100%. WSOP events in general are grueling and to have to give 50% away because you WON the seat in what is essentially a satellite seems high. If you were backed in the event that's different, but keep in mind, the winner of the seat OUT PERFORMED everyone else in the competition to earn the seat and I think that person should be able to keep more of his/her winnings.
agreed.