Help Daniel

In reading Daniel's last blog he sounds frustrated. I thought it would be fun to let him know how many people are pulling for him to win Player of the Year. I was thinking that if everyone would just post a short good luck message here, he could read it and see how many people are in his cheering section.

To Dan: All i can say is you might be in a funk but you will get outta of it, i wish ya the best and have my fingers crossed for ya. no matter what im proud of what ya have done this year, and your still #1 in my book. you can do it just ingnore all the jerks and just play like you always do and all will be fine..P.S : message from my 4 year old... Dont give up, good luck and picture all the players in there underware.... 8)

Do it for Canada Danny!We're all cheering for you.Why don't you try bringing your mom or Lori to the events, itll make it seem more like a major event and help you focus on the task at hand...you wouldnt want to dissapoint them!or, just play your game and take it down dude!Jay in Montreal

Daniel... I wish you all the luck in the world.I know what it's like to be in a FUNK and trust me.. as you know only you yourself can get you out of the FUNK.You are the best hands down.... and if I must say.... the sexiest... :oops: Keep your head to the sky!!!!luck and love always,Heather

Daniel, you did not get into this position worrying about what Juanda was doing. Just focus on your table, play your game and the rest is out of your control. Like in any sport, you must focus on what you are able to control and ignore the rest.

If you let up now you will never forgive yourself because all you had to do was focus for one more month. If you get focused again and win this will go down in the record books forever. In 500 years people can look back and see your name there next to 2004 player of the year.

You can do it Daniel. Put John away. 10 tournaments is not a lot compared to the number of tournaments that you have played during the year. You worked hard to get yourself into this position and just a little more hard work can push you over the top.

Hey Daniel! I just wanna say that I think everyone here has confidence that you can pull through and pull off this Player of the Year win. From what I've seen on TV and read here you're a really classy guy and great poker player so I know that you've got it in you to work hard for just one more month and pull off a win. You're an idol to all of us here, so the best of luck to you and we're all pulling for you to win this 2004 Player of the Year award!

Thanks for all of your kind words everybody. While it's true I haven't played well at all at the Bellagio, I am still very confident that I'll hold Juanda off for POY. I'm VERY psyched up about the 25K limit hold'em and the WPT final. I just know that I'll be at my best for both of those events. At 8:00pm tonight, I face off against Eli Elezra.

Thanks for all of your kind words everybody.  While it's true I haven't played well at all at the Bellagio, I am still very confident that I'll hold Juanda off for POY.  I'm VERY psyched up about the 25K limit hold'em and the WPT final.  I just know that I'll be at my best for both of those events.  At 8:00pm tonight, I face off against Eli Elezra.
Best of luck! And we all know you are going to get the POY award! Party at Daniel's house!

Go get 'em Daniel. You're my favorite pro cause you're not only one of the most skilled players, you're also a great guy who is easy to root for. I won 9 bucks online tonight, now it's your turn to take them all down for a little bit more at the Bellagio!

I 2nd the Party at Daniel's place after he wins it all!! And good luck with it all. I'm sure you'll hold him off, not that he sucks or anything... but you got it! Side thought here: He's playing in that tournament as I write this... and it brings to mind the thought of.... I wonder if they'll ever start showing poker live? Or at least semi-live... without the editing, and having to wait weeks or months to see a tournament where we already know who wins. I would love to see that... a poker network even, so we could watch as it unfolds. Just a thought.

danny, a lot of what you do gives me inspiration to keep playing even though the cards hate me some time. Remember that "great things allways happen to me" -phil helmuth. just joking. play you suited middle connectors and put juanda away.

Daniel, you did not get into this position worrying about what Juanda was doing.  Just focus on your table, play your game and the rest is out of your control.  Like in any sport, you must focus on what you are able to control and ignore the rest.
focus Daniel-san focus :D