Jump to content


I Called In Sick Today


  • Please log in to reply
264314 replies to this topic

#263861 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

    I'm Your Huckleberry

  • Members
  • 8,438 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

Hope you ordered your pair, Strat!

https://www.jcrew.com/p/85231

#263862 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

    once and future king

  • Members
  • 25,225 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:58 PM

nap, if you ever see these in a 12 let me know.

https://www.jcrew.co...-sneakers/E8592

id kill for these babies.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263863 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,945 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

Ill keep my eyes peeped.

#263864 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

    password1

  • Members
  • 7,403 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:39 AM

View PostNapa_Don, on 08 May 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Hope you ordered your pair, Strat!

https://www.jcrew.com/p/85231
I did, but have no idea when itíll ship. Hereís hoping they fit.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.


#263865 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,945 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:43 AM

What size did you get? I ordered a size 10, 10.5, 11 but only need a 10.5 so Iím sure something could be arranged if you end up needing a 10 or 11.

#263866 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

    password1

  • Members
  • 7,403 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

11.5. I would probably go down to an 11. So basically youíre the reason they sold out.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.


#263867 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

    password1

  • Members
  • 7,403 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:00 AM

I gotta say, that was quick thinking by you. I donít shop for clothes online very often, I donít know the tricks.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.


#263868 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,945 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Well, I typically wear a size 11 Nike and these I go 10.5.

Iíve been doing the ďbuy multiple sizes/colors and then return whatever you donít wantĒ game for years.

Pro tip: sign up for PayPalís return shipping coverage and then check out with PayPal when you can and then use that to get your return shipping charges covered. Occasionally, stores wonít process returns fast enough and you get stuck but most of the time youíre good. Do it al the time.

#263869 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

    once and future king

  • Members
  • 25,225 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

jesus christ, i got a new mobile phone for work and setting this thing up is a goddamn nightmare. you'd think i was getting the nuclear codes or access to area 51. but of course the system malfunctioned and all the "non compliant" apps were not automatically deleted - think apple store and iMovies and that shit - and i received 52 emails where in all caps it says YOUR NEW MOBILE DEVICE IN NOT IN COMPLIANCE IF THIS IS NOT CORRECTED BY 5/14/18 YOUR PHONE WILL BE DELETED FROM THE MAINFRAME.

so i have to call in to the help desk and wouldn't you know it, i can't understand a goddamn thing this lady is saying.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263870 hank213

hank213

    inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

  • Members
  • 9,630 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danger Zone

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

offer made and accepted. official start date is Monday.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#263871 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

    password1

  • Members
  • 7,403 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:57 PM

View Posthank213, on 09 May 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

offer made and accepted. official start date is Monday.
So until Monday you can still hit on future subordinates, and otherwise act completely unprofessionally? Sounds great
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.


#263872 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

    password1

  • Members
  • 7,403 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

I am at this panel our custodian puts together a few times per year, and Jesus Christ I hate these people.

We do breakout groups with whiteboard activities, and this guy, whose sole source of power is that he grabbed a marker and positioned closest to the board, just blatantly tells me my opinion is wrong and refuses to write it on the board.

We go to dinner, and I end up sitting across from the panel attention whore. Late 30s woman, relatively in shape, dresses somewhat revealing, makes a point to flirt with the highest ranking guy from the custodian. She has kids, he has kids, but for some reason they spent the whole night looking at her tinder matches.

Itís basically just a paid vacation, but the personalities are so obnoxious that I always end up regretting attending by the middle of the second day. Nobody here is a revenue producer, so everyone is super focused on demonstrating how qualified and valuable they are. Anyone who is a partner in their firm will find a way to work it into any conversation.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.


#263873 Governator

Governator

    FCP Administrator

  • Root Admin
  • 5,587 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Barrie, ON

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:20 AM

Hey Everyone,

I'm just popping in to say I'm going to be turning the forum offline this morning while we migrate everything to a new server, so you don't fret when you see a maintenance message. I'm not worried about this move, we are staying within the same data center just something more optimized that we need.

See you on the other side,
Gov

#263874 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,945 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:23 AM

Genetlemen...itís been a pleasure wasting my life with you.

#263875 Essay21

Essay21

    forum legend

  • Members
  • 9,769 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:36 PM

Goddamn scared me half to death when I saw the forum was offline. Let’s never do that again.

#263876 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,589 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 09 May 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

I am at this panel our custodian puts together a few times per year, and Jesus Christ I hate these people.

We do breakout groups with whiteboard activities, and this guy, whose sole source of power is that he grabbed a marker and positioned closest to the board, just blatantly tells me my opinion is wrong and refuses to write it on the board.

We go to dinner, and I end up sitting across from the panel attention whore. Late 30s woman, relatively in shape, dresses somewhat revealing, makes a point to flirt with the highest ranking guy from the custodian. She has kids, he has kids, but for some reason they spent the whole night looking at her tinder matches.

Itís basically just a paid vacation, but the personalities are so obnoxious that I always end up regretting attending by the middle of the second day. Nobody here is a revenue producer, so everyone is super focused on demonstrating how qualified and valuable they are. Anyone who is a partner in their firm will find a way to work it into any conversation.

That sounds legitimately horrible. I'm so thankful I work with good people.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#263877 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,589 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

View PostEssay21, on 11 May 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Goddamn scared me half to death when I saw the forum was offline. Let’s never do that again.

I wasnt nervous at first, but then it started dragging and I had my doubts.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#263878 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

    once and future king

  • Members
  • 25,225 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 12 May 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

I wasnt nervous at first, but then it started dragging and I had my doubts.

i almost dm'd you on twitter to say i'd always love you. the fear was awful.

just picked up mom's mom day gift at the pier 1 imports store. she loves candles and so i got her a fancy candle holder thing in the shape of three buddha's and some candles. and then a jewelry box thing for my brother to give her. she is pretty difficult to shop for because i could give her a rock and she'd say she loved it. but last year i got her a coach purse and she never once used it, so i'm going to play it safe from now on.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263879 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

    once and future king

  • Members
  • 25,225 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:23 AM

i was watching bill burr clips on youtube last night. he's the best and just doesn't care at all.


https://www.youtube....h?v=_MqjYdXHfI4

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263880 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,945 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Right? I could have sworn gov said itíd be only a few hours and then the page said 12-48 and and then 12 hours went by...then 24...then 36...


Folks, I bought myself a Turkish linen bathrobe to wear after showers and gd was this a great idea. I may never take it off.




16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users