• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

I hope that Rick Nash and Chris Kunitz are not on the team.

Wonder why they are announcing it at the Leafs practice facility.

I am also so smart, I schedule an all day meeting with a client tomorrow.

Why do you guys care about this tournament? There won't be any real hockey.....no fighting!!!!

Seriously....

Don't care who is on the teams really. Don't really care that much who wins, just hoping the better teams make the semis, and the final is Russia vs Canada, my favourite matchup in hockey.

Most of all, looking forward to seeing the best players in the world play my favourite sport. Hoping its the best hockey I have ever seen. Looking for another 1987 moment I will never forget.

Too much? :)

Why do you guys care about this tournament? There won't be any real hockey.....no fighting!!!!

Seriously....

Don't care who is on the teams really. Don't really care that much who wins, just hoping the better teams make the semis, and the final is Russia vs Canada, my favourite matchup in hockey.

Most of all, looking forward to seeing the best players in the world play my favourite sport. Hoping its the best hockey I have ever seen. Looking for another 1987 moment I will never forget.

Too much? :)

And some great commercials?

Biz Nasty has spoken.

S168QDGodhIiOeJ4KCPk.jpg

The problem with picking players based on chemistry is what happens if Crosby gets injured?

Players should make the team on own merit. Kunitz might be good enough still

And some great commercials?

My friend was an extra in that Tim hortons commercial with Crosby. He said he was on skates for 9 hours and they didn't give him any Tim's coffee

What would be the closest to Gretzky to Lemieux for Canada? Crosby feeding Stamkos for a snipe to win it?

I guess so....interesting, never thought of it that way.

I'm not sure why, but I still don't see Stamkos or even Crosby as great as Wayne+Mario. I think logically you could make a solid argument for Crosby, but I just don't have the same awe. It's probably more about me, and my age.

Who would be Larry Murphy? For me, Subban. :)

Russian team still not announced?thats one I'm looking forward to seeing.

It's too bad none of the teams of the last few Olympics have had anything close to the KLM line or the 5man unit.

Seems weird when Petr "I'm 43" Nedved and Tomas "at least i'm not Frank" Kaberle are olympians but Ryan and Yandle aren't.

Your comparisons aren't relevant. But I get the point.

Nedved represented Canada at the Olympics. How is he allowed to compete for Czech ? I thought there was a rule against that

I guess so....interesting, never thought of it that way.

I'm not sure why, but I still don't see Stamkos or even Crosby as great as Wayne+Mario. I think logically you could make a solid argument for Crosby, but I just don't have the same awe. It's probably more about me, and my age.

Who would be Larry Murphy? For me, Subban. :)

I was 2, so I don't know, but was Mario and Wayne as magical as we remember it now, when it actually happened? Like, was their playing together hyped up before that play? Or is it something we've just romanticized over the years as the two best forwards in NHL history playing and scoring and winning?

Russian team still not announced?thats one I'm looking forward to seeing.

It's too bad none of the teams of the last few Olympics have had anything close to the KLM line or the 5man unit.

All teams have to be named by tomorrow.

Seems weird when Petr "I'm 43" Nedved and Tomas "at least i'm not Frank" Kaberle are olympians but Ryan and Yandle aren't.

I think he's 42.

A player, who has previously participated in IIHF competition, can switch national eligibility (but only once in a player's life) if:

-He is a citizen of the new country of his choice

-He has participated for at least four consecutive years in the national competitions of his new country, during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country and has not played for his previous country in an IIHF competition during this four year period.

-He has an international transfer card (ITC) that shows the transfer to the national association of his new country and which was approved and dated at least four years before the start of the IIHF competition in which he wishes to participate.

Also Nedved is the Benjamin Button of the Czech league :

2007–08 HC Sparta Praha CzRep 45 20 5 25

2008–09 Bílí Tygři Liberec CzRep 33 14 14 28

2009–10 Bílí Tygři Liberec CzRep 35 15 20 35

2010–11 Bílí Tygři Liberec CzRep 45 14 41 55

2011–12 Bílí Tygři Liberec CzRep 49 24 37 61

Gets better with age

Russian team will be interesting.

I m betting there will be just as many khl ers than nhl ers especially up front.

NHL ers:

Forwards

Ovechkin

Datsyuk

Malkin

Semin

Yakupov

Tarasenko?

Nischuskin?

Kulemin?

Anisimov?

Defence

Markov

Zubov

Kulikov

Tyutin

Voynov

Goalies

Varlamov

Bobrosky

Nabokov

Looking forward to seeing kovalchuk. Do we see Federov?

Slava Malamud tweeted his guesses the other day:

G: Varlamov, Bobrovsky, Yeryomenko (Dynamo). No.1 job Varly's to lose

D: Markov, Emelin, Voynov - locks. Tyutin, Nikitin - probables. KHLers: Medvedev, Nikulin - locks. Denisov, Ryasensky - maybe. Snub: Kulikov

C: Datsyuk, Malkin - obviously. Anisimov - because who else? KHLer Tereshchenko a virtual lock. Snub - Tikhonov, unless he unseats Anisimov

W: Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Radulov, Semin, Kulemin - duh. Tarasenko, Nichushkin - maybe. 2-3 more KHLers. Snubs - Kuznetsov, Yakupov.

Zubov retired 4 years ago. Did you see Federov at the Alumni Game? He has aged poorly.

Lol. Not sure why I said Zubov. Meant Gonchar