2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

Just wanted to start a new thread and i will keep results posted here for everyone to follow.Im confused who is in the actual pool and who is not, however here is everyone that posted their weight and showed an interest in joining.If I missed you please respond:Adam 339.5Serge 229Zach 241.2Rinswun 199Ingmen 188.4Arp 219Dale 254wsox8 224.4Fryer 210.4Steve 170Dubey 251.8Coesillian 282Good luck to all of us and lets all be losers here.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least, we should collectively try to lose an Avery (195lb) or a Boogard (275).
Lol this is awesome idea..we will keep track of what we are losing as a group as well...
Ok, I really think its time for me to take a step back from hockey and just maybe concentrate on some other things. The fact that I knew who the heaviest player in the NHL was without looking at all scares the crap out of me. Thats just the kind of useless information I never want to have.btw, didnt know you could sort thru weight on nhl.com. thats sick.
Ok, I really think its time for me to take a step back from hockey and just maybe concentrate on some other things. The fact that I knew who the heaviest player in the NHL was without looking at all scares the crap out of me. Thats just the kind of useless information I never want to have.btw, didnt know you could sort thru weight on nhl.com. thats sick.
You are pretty knowledgeable..FWIW I would have never came up with Boogard, but Buffy is the one that makes more sense...Maybe because I idolize Buffy.

So essentially, Im looking to go from Jack Johnson to Justin Williams.Or Brooks Orpik to Steven Stamkos.The second one sounds better, but the first one is 2 ex-Canes. (both guys I hated to give up, and now this year looks really bad on us)(the heights all match up with me)

You are pretty knowledgeable..FWIW I would have never came up with Boogard, but Buffy is the one that makes more sense...Maybe because I idolize Buffy.
I thought of Avery as just a guy to "lose", you know, everyone hates.Then I thought....who would be heaviest, and I knew Boogard was tall and big, so just named him, found his weight thru google.didnt even consider Buffy, nice call. wouldnt have guessed him at all.

Well, since being stretched out to Chara's height is not a possibility, I will have to lose 57lbs to get down from Zdeno Chara's weight (255lbs) to Tomas Plekanec's weight (198lbs).

So I just went out to Chapters and bought I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell and Hockey Dad and got a delicious smoked turkey sandwich on a croissant from a local place on the way back. Anyways, on the way there, I was in the elevator going down, and it jolted pretty hard and stopped on floor 6 (I live on 8), and just stayed there for a minute, nothing happening, before finally going down to G.On the way back, I got into the same elevator (shoulda held out for the second one), and when I got up to 8, it did the same retarded jolt and then nothing happened for a while, and then I had to eventually press the open door button to let myself out.So basically, I'm taking the stairs from now on.Down is easy, but the last time I did it up, I got really winded.Since I need to exercise more, I'm simply going to work in the stairs every time I leave or return to my apartment, which to be fair, isn't that often.

So I just went out to Chapters and bought I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell and [
I only got into this guy because of some tandom FCHL discussion a few years ago. Kinda found the articles on the site funny, but also major douchebag. But I liked it anyway!ps- Maybe the elevator is trying to tell you something, tubbo.
Here is a video from my very close friend Roupen , who has been fighting the battle for years..He is about 350 right now..Just listen to him and maybe he will motivate you..
I only got into this guy because of some tandom FCHL discussion a few years ago. Kinda found the articles on the site funny, but also major douchebag. But I liked it anyway!ps- Maybe the elevator is trying to tell you something, tubbo.
You guys should watch the movie I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell...it wasn't all that terribly funny the first time I watched it, but it gets more and more hilarious on repeat viewings. Tucker Max is a funny and talented writer but anyone who thinks those stories are even 15% factual is kidding themselves. I've seen interviews he's done for like CNN and other news outlets covering his books and the movie, and he's about the least charismatic self confident guy I've ever seen in my life. There is barely a shred of the guy he tries to portray himself to be...

I need some tips for snacks to buy...Other than the ones i know, apples etc..Whats a gimmicky "snack" that I can eat a couple of times a day that will keep my hunger away?Must be easy to eat while driving preferably...Not a lot of calories, and obviously it would be nice if it tasted good.

I need some tips for snacks to buy...Other than the ones i know, apples etc..Whats a gimmicky "snack" that I can eat a couple of times a day that will keep my hunger away?Must be easy to eat while driving preferably...Not a lot of calories, and obviously it would be nice if it tasted good.
Blueberries!
Blueberries!
yes i have heard this...I particularly dont like blueberries though..But i can learn to like them.
I never thought about fig newtons. Are they healthy?Snacking is my biggest weakness.edit - plus the alcoholism
Alcoholism is pretty bad..Especially the beer..I have an alcoholic friend, a real alcoholic not like you, convinced me that he could lose weight just drinking beer and vodka.
I never thought about fig newtons. Are they healthy?Snacking is my biggest weakness.edit - plus the alcoholism
If you work out they are good as they are loaded with good carbo's for running and such.